IGNORED

Rovers In For Orr

chowie

GJ has shown he will sell as well as buy. Of course the price would have to be realistic. For me 500k minimum, for a right back who is solid but not spectacular. IMO Ribiero could turn out to be the better option if given his chance. Then we have Wilson as back up and he prefers right back.

Given we have Ribiero and Wilson and need some cash for quality strikers, I would sell. The question being, would Orr want the move, definately a step up for him, more money and a chance at the top level.

I doubt GJ would let Orr go and I think Orr would want to stay he loves the club.

Given we have Ribiero and Wilson and need some cash for quality strikers, I would sell.

This seems to be an assumption. Is there any evidence that Steve will not stump up the money if Gary wants it? We didn't have to sell Nick Carle but Gary saw it as too big to turn down and felt he had better options. The fact he has three (or four depending on which interview you read/listen to) bids in, two being for strikers, doesn't suggest he is cash strapped.

As to selling, my guess is that other players will leave (obvious ones would be the likes of Betsy and Keogh) but not any Gary sees as key, unless they agitate for a transfer.

GJ has shown he will sell as well as buy. Of course the price would have to be realistic. For me 500k minimum, for a right back who is solid but not spectacular. IMO Ribiero could turn out to be the better option if given his chance. Then we have Wilson as back up and he prefers right back.

Given we have Ribiero and Wilson and need some cash for quality strikers, I would sell. The question being, would Orr want the move, definately a step up for him, more money and a chance at the top level.

I agree with that but I just doubt there's any truth behind this story.

(The previous figure for an average Premier League right-back should have been £4.1 million but I had used Carragher instead of Finnan).

I think you should take the top four clubs out of the calculation, and see what the average price is then.

Fair enough. Minus Belleti, Finnan and Sagna (Brown:trainee).....

.......the average price for a right-back is still £4.0 million.

Either way it is still a load more than £350,000.

This seems to be an assumption. Is there any evidence that Steve will not stump up the money if Gary wants it? We didn't have to sell Nick Carle but Gary saw it as too big to turn down and felt he had better options. The fact he has three (or four depending on which interview you read/listen to) bids in, two being for strikers, doesn't suggest he is cash strapped.

SL said he wants the football club to be self sufficient and it has run at a loss for years. If he supplies any extra cash for a must have player its not free money. Its in the form of a loan for which he will recieve interest and rightly so. Its just business. GJ to his credit is trying to be cost effective and keep the clubs debt at a managable level

(The previous figure for an average Premier League right-back should have been £4.0 million but I had used Carragher instead of Finnan).

Fair enough. Minus Belleti, Finnan and Sagna (Brown:trainee).....

.......the average price for a right-back is still £3.8 million.

Either way it is still a load more than £350,000.

Fair enough, you've done some research there! I apologise for doubting you!

I assumed you would have used Essien / Ferraria in the chelsea calculation which would have upped the average. Out of interest...i can think of Hutton & Carr for right backs who would have moved for serious cash, what other big money right backs there?

SL said he wants the football club to be self sufficient and it has run at a loss for years. If he supplies any extra cash for a must have player its not free money. Its in the form of a loan for which he will recieve interest and rightly so. Its just business. GJ to his credit is trying to be cost effective and keep the clubs debt at a managable level

Absolutely, though I don't imagine Steve expects that to happen overnight. I don't think that precludes borrowing, whether from Steve or elsewhere, but he will expect the club to be able to service its debts. Because Gary will not pay over the odds he will be backed.

Fair enough, you've done some research there! I apologise for doubting you!

I assumed you would have used Essien / Ferraria in the chelsea calculation which would have upped the average. Out of interest...i can think of Hutton & Carr for right backs who would have moved for serious cash, what other big money right backs there?

Carr signed for just £2 million. I used Habib Beye anyway who was the same price.

Yeah, Essien would have massively distorted the figure at his price!

Hutton and Corluka were the most expensive first-choice right-backs in the Premier League at £8 million and £9 million respectively...

Absolutely, though I don't imagine Steve expects that to happen overnight. I don't think that precludes borrowing, whether from Steve or elsewhere, but he will expect the club to be able to service its debts. Because Gary will not pay over the odds he will be backed.

A common goal, confirmed by SL and GJ over the past 2 seasons.

Reading back, I intend to agree with Nibor. There are more believable stories out there. This smells of silly season.

I have worked out that the average price paid for a first-choice right-back in the Premier League (Non-trainees, actually bought) is roughly £3.7 million. Now considering that Orr is voted the best right-back in the tier below the Premier League, it puts £350k in perspective.

That is the average price for a first-choice right back though. I doubt Orr would be first choice so I'm not sure if it's a fair comparison. Personally I'd let him go for 500k. He's a decent enough player and gives his all but his passing and crossing are pretty poor and he quite often gets caught out trying to be too clever.

That is the average price for a first-choice right back though. I doubt Orr would be first choice so I'm not sure if it's a fair comparison. Personally I'd let him go for 500k. He's a decent enough player and gives his all but his passing and crossing are pretty poor and he quite often gets caught out trying to be too clever.

I think he is city through and through often pushing other players. he has been good for goals in the past and battles for us. We need him

I think he is city through and through often pushing other players. he has been good for goals in the past and battles for us. We need him

If we 'need' anyone I'd be quite worried. I imagine he is a good influence around the dressing room and a strong personality but I think we have other players like that such as McIndoe and Basso and I honestly feel as though he is replaceable.

If we 'need' anyone I'd be quite worried. I imagine he is a good influence around the dressing room and a strong personality but I think we have other players like that such as McIndoe and Basso and I honestly feel as though he is replaceable.

Any player is replaceable but its whether there is any real truth in this rumour. If Bradley went to Blackburn would he realisticly play in the first team? Would he be happy playing reserve football? because hes done that with Newcastle and this is why he dropped down to join us. If Orr was offered the chance of Premier League football I'm sure he would want to take it because hes young and would want the step up BUt would it be the right move for him? Who knows!! I think that he will still be in a city shirt come the start of the season.

Bradley is one of the unsung heroes, never flashy to the point of standing out but an all rounded player. Even got recognized by his own professionals i.e. PFA award

I think GJ would not even contemplate breaking up the defence as he appears to be firmly focussed on improving the attacking personnel of our team. Bradley is worth at least £1.5M, imo.

I would be gutted if he left! What Bradley sometimes lacks in his distribution, is more than compensated by his workrate, courage and heart. Even when he has a duff game he never hides and his passion and commitment are characteristics that are not so easy to replace.

Guest churchill gaffer

If we are that desperate to get £350.ooo for Orr from Paul Ince, then we may as well pack up and join the none league!

apparently Paul Ince is preparing a bid of that figure for him? (Daily Mail)

Lets build the team on what we have already attchieved!

We can not loose our main quality players!

Espeacially for that kind of money!

IMO Orr is the kind of player that would love to remain with us for years.

I think GJ would not even contemplate breaking up the defence as he appears to be firmly focussed on improving the attacking personnel of our team. Bradley is worth at least £1.5M, imo.

I would be gutted if he left! What Bradley sometimes lacks in his distribution, is more than compensated by his workrate, courage and heart. Even when he has a duff game he never hides and his passion and commitment are characteristics that are not so easy to replace.

I agree entirely.

if we did sell orr, would you want gary to go out and by another right back, or give wilson/ribero a chance?

personally, i would like to see ribero given a chance, if he is as exciting as were lead to believe. i have only seen him play for the wales u21's and he had a stormer against a very good french team, but if i remember correctly he was mostly left footed. could he play at right back?

Guest churchill gaffer
Paul Ince is weighing up a move for Bristol City right-back Bradley Orr. The Liverpool-born defender, 25, fractured his cheekbone in the Play Off Final defeat to Hull but could yet get his dream move to the Premier League if City accept around £350,000. Orr has previously had spells at Newcastle and Burnley.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/footba...r.html?ITO=1490

YES this was all said yesrerday!

Why is'nt it merged?

If we are that desperate to get £350.ooo for Orr from Paul Ince, then we may as well pack up and join the none league!

apparently Paul Ince is preparing a bid of that figure for him? (Daily Mail)

Lets build the team on what we have already attchieved!

We can not loose our main quality players!

Espeacially for that kind of money!

IMO Orr is the kind of player that would love to remain with us for years.

Paul Ince is not naive enough to think that is a realistic bid surely?

daily mail became fish and chip wrappings when it became a tabloid.

The most sensible of all replies i`ve read. Congrats.

PDG

I think GJ would not even contemplate breaking up the defence as he appears to be firmly focussed on improving the attacking personnel of our team. Bradley is worth at least £1.5M, imo..

It's not a just case of whether GJ would consider breaking up the defence - every player at City has their price and in Bradley's case I should think a bid in the region of 800k should clinch it for Ince or any other Premier league club.

We could replace very adequately at that price and have a fair bit left over too.

City don't need to sell him but our high finish last season means that bids for our players are likely to be big, even somewhat inflated, and if we have a good replacement in mind there's no harm in shuffling the pack and turning in a profit.

No doubt that Orr loves it at City but should an acceptable bid come in it would be a big surprise if he chose to spurn the opportunity of a move to the top league.

Would tell them to F off was a huge player for us last season! don't get the title of the best right back in the league for nothing. Unless its stupid money I wouldnt even consider selling him. Anything under a million should just be laughed at, its all good having 750k more in the bank but its not going to win you promotion is it.

Would show a serious lack of ambition if we were to sell first Carle then Orr IMO.

Would show a serious lack of ambition if we were to sell first Carle then Orr IMO.

Players move on Matt and sometimes it's a good idea to break up a team of nearly men who fell at the last hurdle. Not dismantle the team completely, but bring in 2 or 3 who add something new to the mix.

Perhaps, at some stage, we need to give the likes of Ribiero and J.Wilson a chance too. Are you sure one of them isn't going to be better than Bradley?

As for showing lack of ambition by selling, well that depends what we do with the money.

I somehow doubt City would bank it though.

Players move on Matt and sometimes it's a good idea to break up a team of nearly men who fell at the last hurdle. Not dismantle the team completely, but bring in 2 or 3 who add something new to the mix.

Perhaps, at some stage, we need to give the likes of Ribiero and J.Wilson a chance too. Are you sure one of them isn't going to be better than Bradley?

As for showing lack of ambition by selling, well that depends what we do with the money.

I somehow doubt City would bank it though.

Lets be honest though we were a decent striker away from going up as champions lats season. Had we had Kevin Phillips I'm sure we would be starting this season in the prem. Why not keep the team we had an improve on it? The defence was strong alst season so why change it? all we need is 2 good strikers he will score goals an maybe a decent right winger an see no reason why we cant go 1 better with this group of players.

Lets be honest though we were a decent striker away from going up as champions lats season. Had we had Kevin Phillips I'm sure we would be starting this season in the prem. Why not keep the team we had an improve on it? The defence was strong alst season so why change it? all we need is 2 good strikers he will score goals an maybe a decent right winger an see no reason why we cant go 1 better with this group of players.

GJ's not intending to keep the same group of players though is he, with at least 3 or 4 new faces expected by kick off.

To improve, as you put it, we need to replace some players with better one's and definitely get in a couple of goalscorers.

I like Bradley as much as the next fan but certainly don't think of him as indispensible and if City get a good offer as described above then little doubt it would be accepted and it would only be fair on the player to do so.

He's a good player and no doubt his heart is at City - I've certainly no wish to see him leave -but with the emerging youngsters and our scouting network he could be replaced and the team as a whole improved with the 800k plus I would have in mind as a minimum fee.

if we did sell orr, would you want gary to go out and by another right back, or give wilson/ribero a chance?

personally, i would like to see ribero given a chance, if he is as exciting as were lead to believe. i have only seen him play for the wales u21's and he had a stormer against a very good french team, but if i remember correctly he was mostly left footed. could he play at right back?

Riberio is right footed

Archived