IGNORED

Rovers In For Orr

chowie

Inces first signing?

http://www.blackburn.vitalfootball.co.uk/a...le.asp?a=114753

Blackburn Rovers manager Paul Ince is understood to be keeping tabs on Bristol City right-back Bradley Orr, with newspaper reports suggesting that he could become Ince's first signing since taking over at Ewood Park.

Orr, who could've been playing in the Premier League this season anyway had Bristol City not lost in the Play-Off Final to Hull City was named in the Championship Players' Select XI last season and is viewed as one of the highest rated right-backs outside of the Premier League.

With the right-back area being one that that is often viewed as one of our most problematic areas (despite Brett Emerton's best efforts, but with David Bentley's imminent departure he could need to fill his role again?) so if he has the quality maybe the 26-year-old could be the answer to our problems?

Blackburn Rovers manager Paul Ince is understood to be keeping tabs on Bristol City right-back Bradley Orr, with newspaper reports suggesting that he could become Ince's first signing since taking over at Ewood Park.

Guy who works in canteen who told me about the Williams signing before it was mentioned on here has just told me that Orr has agreed a deal to leave. Didn't know where to or for how much only that it was a done deal

Shame if it happens - guess would open door for Riberio

FTG

I would be more than happy with £500, 000 for a player that works very very hard but cant play against pace and has poor distribution. I really like Orr as he has got the passion and fight that rubs onto other players, but in reality we cant turn down good money for him especially as Rebirio is waiting for his chance.

If he does go then i wish him all the luck in the world.

I am usually very conservative in my estimations of how much players are worth but I am shocked at how low some people would go to sell Orr.

Every player has a price but for the club to go where we want it to we'd have to improve on Orr, should he leave - and that could take some serious money.

I wouldn't have thought we need to sell anyone and that we're in a position to keep our best 15 or so players and only sell those who are not close to the first team. Thus new signings can compete for first XI and the whole squad improves. Therefore we do not need to risk selling anyone and will only sell when the money is very good.

Hope he stays. Good right back and as others have said (again something I often think is overstated but in this case not -) his heart and passion is important to the club.

I am usually very conservative in my estimations of how much players are worth but I am shocked at how low some people would go to sell Orr.

Every player has a price but for the club to go where we want it to we'd have to improve on Orr, should he leave - and that could take some serious money.

I wouldn't have thought we need to sell anyone and that we're in a position to keep our best 15 or so players and only sell those who are not close to the first team. Thus new signings can compete for first XI and the whole squad improves. Therefore we do not need to risk selling anyone and will only sell when the money is very good.

Hope he stays. Good right back and as others have said (again something I often think is overstated but in this case not -) his heart and passion is important to the club.

Agree 100%. Bit surprise that people are even valuing him anything under 1m tbh.

This despite his so called poor distributions and struggles with players with pace was voted THE BEST RIGHT BACK IN THE CCC BY HIS FELLOW PLAYERS!!!

FFS people we ain't in League 1 anymore.(although I expect a L1 RB moving to the Prem would command a fee way in excess of the 350k being bandied about).

I love Orr, but if this was true, then firstly we couldnt deny him that move to secure himself financially for life. In addition, we ought to be looking for around 1 million, and recruit a right back/ centre back for that money - someone who can cover both positions.

If not, spend it on wherever else we need to upgrade (up front) and play brian wilson or ribeiro.

Guest MaloneFM
A step up from the bog roll it was before then.

The self same bogroll that on 8 July 1934 published a headline entitled 'Hurrah For The Blackshirts'. No doubt saying that Oswald Moseley was a pip and a dandy and that Mr Hitler was a jolly little Austrian housepainter that meant no harm.

Now, tell me again about the Bradders story...

is this really happening

I think Orr is great and wouldnt hold it against him if he diod want to go to Blackburn, however surely he wouldnt be first team. Blackburn are meant to be pushing for european footie and IMO Orr is well short of a top tier prem team. If Hull, Stoke, WBA were after him i wouldnt be surprised though.

We shouldnt be seelling for anytthing under 1 mill. we don't need the money, player appears to have no desire to leave, he bleeds city and gives 110% in every game.

Defences are units, time spent palying together is invaluable. Great defences like arsenal of old have spent agaes playing together. Our Back 4 (Orr,Mccallister, Carey + Fonts/Mccombe) have spent a while playing together now and i see that as one of the main reasons why we concede so few goals.

for us to loose Orr (or any other) wouldnt simply be a case of using the money to buy a suitable replacement, it would take the defences communication and teamwork back to square one.

I think one of the best things about our defence is that its a no superstars afair. people individually can pick holes in all their games but together they are a great unit!

who'd want to break that up for a measly 300k.

He's an orr! seriously though these rumors are seeming to get stronger I personally wouldn't like to see him leave. I think the guys who are saying Riberio will cover him are having a joke as we all know GJ would buy a replacement or use wilson who was inconsistent last season.

Well its been common knowledge for the last week or so that 3 bids were on the table, 2 were rumoured to be strikers, now possibly the 3rd was for a right back which could now be complete and GJ knows that he can now sell Bradders.

Good servant for the club, shame to see him go if its true....

Been told by someone who is a pal of bradders looks like he def is off to blackburn ,don't hang me if I'm wrong but this lad is a pal of bradders and has no reason to tell porkys , i m quite sure this is true thats why i have posted this , never posted anything about a transfer before , do hope I'm wrong but i have a feeling on this one , like i said don't hang me if I'm wrong :dunno:

Been told by someone who is a pal of bradders looks like he def is off to blackburn ,don't hang me if I'm wrong but this lad is a pal of bradders and has no reason to tell porkys , i m quite sure this is true thats why i have posted this , never posted anything about a transfer before , do hope I'm wrong but i have a feeling on this one , like i said don't hang me if I'm wrong :dunno:

Are we allowed to stone you?? :bruce_h4h:

Archived