IGNORED

Top 6 - Be Honest.....

Being honest i see the top 6 like this, whats your thoughts?

1 - Reading

2 - Brum

3 - QPR

4 - Derby

5 - Sheffield Utd

6 - Wolves

City about 12th

Anyone think we can break that top 6?

Yes. I don't know why everyone assumes the teams coming down will go straight back up. It hardly happened last season did it? I bet at least one will really struggle.

Guest Garfunkle
No worries.

Anyways, if City finihs 12th that'll be a good season.

why do you say that? i know we over-achieved last year and i do expect mid-table but i wouldnt describe a drop of 8 league places as 'good'

why do you say that? i know we over-achieved last year and i do expect mid-table but i wouldnt describe a drop of 8 league places as 'good'

We have no major goal scoring players, we create little and rely too much on Basso to keep us in games.

Of course, if we bring in some new players my expectations may change, but as it stands middle table would be realistic.

Guest Garfunkle
We have no major goal scoring players, we create little and rely too much on Basso to keep us in games.

Of course, if we bring in some new players my expectations may change, but as it stands middle table would be realistic.

i see where you r coming from and agree that is realistic however i wouldnt describe it as a good season

yes. but i don't care if we don't. I like this division, good teams and some quality players. Not too much cheating diving over hype or prima donnas. Feels like the old Top Division used to. Skill, flair and effort wins the day rather than money, cynicism and dishonesty. call it a lack of ambition but I go to football for entertainment not heartbreak or humiliation and last season it was there in spades. if we had gone up the first few novelty games would have been great but after reality had set in things would have been bleak. I only say that now having seen how tough it is for Hull and Stoke to strengthen their squads over the summer.

we're nearly there anyway. we need a solid long term replacement for our captain as we missed him when injured last season, but other than that and a free scoring injury free fast young forward, preferably from lower leagues or within the club, who can emerge to bamboozle defenders and get on the end of crosses from the wing we'll be set for another great season and more to come. Easy!

yes. but i don't care if we don't. I like this division, good teams and some quality players. Not too much cheating diving over hype or prima donnas. Feels like the old Top Division used to. Skill, flair and effort wins the day rather than money, cynicism and dishonesty. call it a lack of ambition but I go to football for entertainment not heartbreak or humiliation and last season it was there in spades. if we had gone up the first few novelty games would have been great but after reality had set in things would have been bleak. I only say that now having seen how tough it is for Hull and Stoke to strengthen their squads over the summer.

we're nearly there anyway. we need a solid long term replacement for our captain as we missed him when injured last season, but other than that and a free scoring injury free fast young forward, preferably from lower leagues or within the club, who can emerge to bamboozle defenders and get on the end of crosses from the wing we'll be set for another great season and more to come. Easy!

Good shout, i like the championship. I think we are heading towards a status of a decent mid table side. And thats fine with me. I can handle being another "ipswich or cardiff" have 4 or 5 seasons and then push on. I just fear the lack of signings will push us the wrong way if we don't get goals!

We didn't over achieve last season - we under achieved. We should have seal automatic promotion and the top spot by May - we had the chance but didn't take it. I think we are capable of 1st - Derby hasn't won a game in nearly a year, Reading looked poor all last year. The only team i think that will do well next year (out of the relegated) is Birmingham.

1 - City

2 - Birmingham

---

3 - Wolves

4 - Watford

5 - Reading

6 - QPR/Palace

1 - Derby

2 - Wolves

3. - crystal Palace (Hate to say it)

4 - Ipswich

5 - Bristol City

6 - Notts Forest

Forest? Can't see that happening!

Yeah, we can make top 6 again, need those goalscorers though!

Get off to a good start like last season, keep the momentum up and we'll be ok.

This league is a lot tougher than last season though, top half and improving the squad will do me though.

If Sheff U keep hold of Beattie and keep him fit then I can see them being up there with Palace.

Forest? Can't see that happening!

Yeah, we can make top 6 again, need those goalscorers though!

Get off to a good start like last season, keep the momentum up and we'll be ok.

This league is a lot tougher than last season though, top half and improving the squad will do me though.

If Sheff U keep hold of Beattie and keep him fit then I can see them being up there with Palace.

It will be tough and interesting. I say Forest as they have Earnshaw now and have some aggressive targets,

Being honest i see the top 6 like this, whats your thoughts?

1 - Reading

2 - Brum

3 - QPR

4 - Derby

5 - Sheffield Utd

6 - Wolves

City about 12th

Anyone think we can break that top 6?

1 - BRISTOL CITY

2- Who cares

3- Who cares

4- Who cares

5- Who cares

6- Who cares

Why would a supporter of City think we will finish anywhere else ? Believe.

Bernie, Bernie, Bernie.... catch up man.... we're not allowed to think like that...it was outlawed last season....its prem or bust remember :disapointed2se: Does present some of us (who might be like-minded - but wouldn't want to expose ourselves to city's new 'lacking ambition' police) with a dilemma though...you win games, you win points, you go up...b*****!! What's the answer? :dunno: still hadn't got my head round it when I was warming a seat in block 130-something.

Pretty predictable list. Pick any 6 clubs with big names and you'll come up with something similar. Did you pick Coventry, Southampton and Leicester to be top 6 last season? Who made a fortune tipping Hull, Stoke, Bristol City and Palace? I expect us to have a stronger squad than last season and see no reason why we can't compete.

Off your head to be fair mate

Compared to someone saying we're about to sign a player who steals little girls purses?

We could have easily got auto last season, but bottled it. Beat Stoke and we'd have done it.

Based on that theres no reason why we shouldnt aim as high again.

Top 8 would be ok maybe, depending on the strength of opposition teams this year, but 8-12th would be poor.

Compared to someone saying we're about to sign a player who steals little girls purses?

We could have easily got auto last season, but bottled it. Beat Stoke and we'd have done it.

Based on that theres no reason why we shouldnt aim as high again.

Top 8 would be ok maybe, depending on the strength of opposition teams this year, but 8-12th would be poor.

Was about to say the same myself, who honestly would have thought this time last year we could finish 4th the coming season.

I would like to think we could at least reach the playoffs, ok other teams know about us now, but we also know about them, if we can hit the ground running, and can get a couple of quality finishers I can't see why we can't finish in with a shout of going one better than last season.

Archived