IGNORED

Top 6 - Be Honest.....

Relegation, likely

Survival, would be nice

mid table, fantastic

play offs, a pure miracle

Auto promotion, divine intervention.

I loath to say it, but i don't think we can compete again this season like before, the play off final loss will have dented the players mental approach beyond their awareness.

We'll be better known to established Championship teams now too, and the Coventry's, Norwich, QPR etc of this league will not take us lightly again.

We don't have the momentum either, or the players imo, we will struggle.

This is my most negative post ever, but i genuninely think we're going to suffer this season and i'm just making that point so when we finish in the bottom 5 i wont be too upset.

Unless we invest in better players we are simply ######ed, looking at other teams we are up against is very scary.

If we don't sign a top striker i'll be extremely upset with the clubs ambition, but i have faith in GJ and SL to come through with one.

Time will tell.

The championship as proved last season is to unpredictable to predict if you know what i mean.

I wouldnt be suprised to see another team do what we did last season maybe barnsley have a shout.

At this early stage its way to early to be predicting all i know is that we should all be happy with the pray-offs again :fingerscrossed:

Top 6 without a doubt.

Many people are overestimating teams, especially the three down from the Premier League. You look on their messageboards and they are apprehensive, particularly Birmingham and Derby fans, doubting that they will even return to the top flight next season, let alone be division champions.

QPR - have good players, but have Dowie.

If we get the strikers needed (big IF), call me crazy, but I would even say we have a chance of winning the league.

And thats the problem!!!! One reserve team player! Everyone else has moved forward

You really haven't go a clue have you. He was one of Ipswich's best players but due to injury has found it hard to get any momentum going. Every Ipswich fan i have spoken to have said he we can get him fit, he will be one of the best midfielder in the league.

Not everyone has moved forward. Preston, Reading, Wednesday, Watford, Doncaster, Birmingham have made one or no signings as of yet.

Time to gain some perspective. There is still over a month till the start of the season. Plenty of time.

Relegation, likely

Survival, would be nice

mid table, fantastic

play offs, a pure miracle

Auto promotion, divine intervention.

I loath to say it, but i don't think we can compete again this season like before, the play off final loss will have dented the players mental approach beyond their awareness.

We'll be better known to established Championship teams now too, and the Coventry's, Norwich, QPR etc of this league will not take us lightly again.

We don't have the momentum either, or the players imo, we will struggle.

This is my most negative post ever, but i genuninely think we're going to suffer this season and i'm just making that point so when we finish in the bottom 5 i wont be too upset.

Unless we invest in better players we are simply ######ed, looking at other teams we are up against is very scary.

If we don't sign a top striker i'll be extremely upset with the clubs ambition, but i have faith in GJ and SL to come through with one.

Time will tell.

Agree totally

anyone else getting annoyed by Tony pulis's tiny c0ck

shut up

look at the top of your internet window

it says it there

WE'RE BRISTOL CITY, WE ALWAYS BELIEVE

i don't want to tell you how to support your team, but you are meant to be a SUPPORTER, in my eyes that means you support the GJ and the team no matter what. Gary has only really asked the fans for one thing, POSITIVITY, I'm more than willing, IMO the sun shines out of GJ's arse.

i don't see why people feel the need to moan, nobody cares what you think, if they did you would be manager.

on the subject of the table... who knows, last season proves no one can predict anything in life. whatever happens is up to the players.

we wont struggle IMO, but promotion might be difficult. we will in and around, but wether we can better this season remains to be seen

1. Crystal Palace

2. Wolves

3. Reading

4.Birmingham

5. Charlton

6. Cardiff

For me its still way too early to predict because many transfers haven't happened yet.

Despite us having lots of targets the fact remains that the Forest squad is thin and we have no creative centre midfielder.

If we get a quality one then my opinion might change but so far we haven't been linked to any.

I think Reading are going to hate being down in the CCC again - and it might take them an extra season (ala Charlton) to get their heads around it - whereas I think brum will be the team with the reputation that others give too much respect to (a bit like Forest in div 1 - except that brum will know how to make it work to their advantage ;) sorry forest!), and will bounce straight back up.

I think Reading are going to hate being down in the CCC again - and it might take them an extra season (ala Charlton) to get their heads around it - whereas I think brum will be the team with the reputation that others give too much respect to (a bit like Forest in div 1 - except that brum will know how to make it work to their advantage ;) sorry forest!), and will bounce straight back up.

We always beat Birmingham! Away form for me is going to be key in sorting the average teams from the good ones.

There look to be some good sides in this league but its another thing to go to these places and pick up points.

Being honest i see the top 6 like this, whats your thoughts?

1 - Reading

2 - Brum

3 - QPR

4 - Derby

5 - Sheffield Utd

6 - Wolves

City about 12th

Anyone think we can break that top 6?

NO! We will do ok next season I think we will be better I think Birmingham will take the place of WBA in being a strong side the others reading (top 10) and derby(10th-18th) will struggle. QPR have spent a load of cash but that don't maketh a team. Wolves are a gaggle of players who indivdually are good but are poor as a team, Sheffield Utd will be up there, we will be in the mix up there, and i think you have to say Swansea will have an ok season maybe top 8 but definate top 10.

Seriously why do you think derby will do well poor buggers got raped all last year going to take em a couple of season to get some spirit back.

NO! We will do ok next season I think we will be better I think Birmingham will take the place of WBA in being a strong side the others reading (top 10) and derby(10th-18th) will struggle. QPR have spent a load of cash but that don't maketh a team. Wolves are a gaggle of players who indivdually are good but are poor as a team, Sheffield Utd will be up there, we will be in the mix up there, and i think you have to say Swansea will have an ok season maybe top 8 but definate top 10.

Seriously why do you think derby will do well poor buggers got raped all last year going to take em a couple of season to get some spirit back.

For my money, that's the best reply to this thread. (Although the grammar is appalling!)

I reserve my judgement on where we will finish until i know the squad we will start the season with, i find it hard to predict without knowing that! I trust GJ to get it right as usual, so i'll calmly wait and see.

You really haven't go a clue have you. He was one of Ipswich's best players but due to injury has found it hard to get any momentum going. Every Ipswich fan i have spoken to have said he we can get him fit, he will be one of the best midfielder in the league.

Not everyone has moved forward. Preston, Reading, Wednesday, Watford, Doncaster, Birmingham have made one or no signings as of yet.

Time to gain some perspective. There is still over a month till the start of the season. Plenty of time.

So you have spoken with loads of Ipswich fans eh??? Pull the other one... besides we havent had loads on here saying how gutted they are about losing him? strange that

anyone else getting annoyed by Tony pulis's tiny c0ck

shut up

look at the top of your internet window

it says it there

WE'RE BRISTOL CITY, WE ALWAYS BELIEVE

i don't want to tell you how to support your team, but you are meant to be a SUPPORTER, in my eyes that means you support the GJ and the team no matter what. Gary has only really asked the fans for one thing, POSITIVITY, I'm more than willing, IMO the sun shines out of GJ's arse.

i don't see why people feel the need to moan, nobody cares what you think, if they did you would be manager.

on the subject of the table... who knows, last season proves no one can predict anything in life. whatever happens is up to the players.

we wont struggle IMO, but promotion might be difficult. we will in and around, but wether we can better this season remains to be seen

What a strange reply? You seem to really care what i think or hence you wouldnt have answered? Besides, this is a free country, not cuba! I can support however i like. I feel being blind loyal and closing your ears and eyes to anything that examines the methods of GJ is totally crazy. This may upset you but he isnt god, and despite "you believe" it isnt so!

I rate GJ as the best manager at the gate for a long time, great bloke, great team spirit, but i think he has flaws. And so do many other people. Namely the Premier League, or he wouldnt be manager at BCFC would he? So I'm also backing him, but remember... GJ is only a passing employee taking a wage. We will be here forever. Different agenda totally

So you have spoken with loads of Ipswich fans eh??? Pull the other one... besides we havent had loads on here saying how gutted they are about losing him? strange that

I have spoken to a few actually(on a different forum) That with other quotes used by fellow reds. So before assuming things, why not take a minute to get your head out your #######, and contemplate that maybe GJ has bought in a decent player.

I have spoken to a few actually(on a different forum) That with other quotes used by fellow reds. So before assuming things, why not take a minute to get your head out your #######, and contemplate that maybe GJ has bought in a decent player.

Well on the flip side, I also know an Ipswich fan. Albeit only one! but he didnt have much to say about the fella. Maybe the jury is well and truly out on this one. I guess GJ is allowed one poor signing a season... Vasko, and this year maybe Williams. Who knows? Lets hope he wins player of the season, that will shut me up!

City will be top two, and i say that without the influence of GJ's comments earlier in the week. The mentality that our players have is such that they will only learn from last season and get better. No more getting turned over at QPR, Ipswich et al but going there this season believing we can win. Anyone who thinks last season was all luck is as bonkers as Gary Johnsons Left Nut. The teams that come down always take time to acclimatise, but not withstanding that i think it will be between us, Birmingham City and Sheffield Utd for those two auto places.

i could not give a fly **** wht you think Tony Pulis's tiny C0ck. the only reason i replied is because your really boring me. your tring to be controversial, and everyone on here is biting yet again(i spose technically so am i). as said before the smell is ever so slightly strange with you here :gasmask: got the feeling pepsi and shirly signed up in a new account! . it wontbe long before GJ manages in the Prem, and he is still relatively young in terms of managers,

I'm not blinkered. far from it, buti don't really see how anyone can say GJ has limitations. he has taken a small club from the doldrums to th brink of Premier League football in 2 full seasons in charge, he has been incredibally successful at every club he has been at.

but you can have fun, it is after all everyones right to be a nob. i don't mind people not being positive, but slagging off the management and the players he has signed is pathetic, and not what a footbal fan let alone a city fan does

Far too early for this kind of thread. Try it again on the eve of the new season when most squad's are 99.9% assembled. But, for my money as it stands at the moment I'd go...

Reading,

Sheff Utd,

----------

Wolves,

Norwich,

Palace

QPR,

----------

City, anyone's guess between top ten or bottom three as it stands.

Being honest i see the top 6 like this, whats your thoughts?

1 - Reading

2 - Brum

3 - QPR

4 - Derby

5 - Sheffield Utd

6 - Wolves

City about 12th

Anyone think we can break that top 6?

You've only posted 24 times, so I'll let you off, but Reading won't win the League mate!

You really think that just because they won it with 106 points last time around, that they'll just storm it?!

They've only got about half the side that did it last time around, so they'll be fortunate to even make the playoffs!

Despite Birmingham's problems, I can see them being there or there abouts though...

QPR I reckon will be favourites to win the League...

Derby, well I reckon they'll be relegated to be honest! A bit like Leicester last season...

Sheffield United and Wolves I reckon will make the playoffs, and I reckon City will make a good fight to get back there again as well!

start off the close season qpr worried me with the massive amounts off money they have then they go and put dowie in charge so no longer worried about them think brum will be strong as will wolves palace all spending some money but we have to remember one thing WE ARE BRISTOL CITY WE ALWAYS BELIVE MASSIVE TEAM SPIRT SEE NO REASON WE CANT FINISH IN TOP 2 AND GO AUTO

Archived