IGNORED

Emad Meteab Set To Play Againat Zamalek Tomorrow

ahly fan

.... he might very well be the more innocent party here

I think Samo speaks a lot of sense. I've read somewhere Ahly had a number of injuries so who knows what kind of pressure was put on the lad to play. Did Ahly actually cancel his registration before the game? If they didn't then was Emad was still contracted to them regardless of his 'contract' with City. I can only assume they still held his registration, otherwise Ahly risk a fine and possible points deduction from their own FA for playing an ineligible player? It was an emotional day for Emad so if Ahly made any sort of suggestion that he was able to play then it would have been hard to resist pulling on the shirt for the last time. The absence of official comment from City suggests they are at least attempting to find out the facts which can only be positive. I've got the greatest respect for GJ and trust his judgement but if I was in his position I'd be doing my upmost to find any scapegoat other than Emad to pin this on and look forward to starting the season with my No 1 transfer target.

this thread needs to end has anybody actually added anything new to this, seems to me that its all speculation and keeps going round & round the only thing that can stop this is official confirmation from city but when is anybodies guess :fastasleep:

This guy aint no big deal lets turn our attension to Maynard now; prima donnas bah

By far the greatest team the world has ever seen

and it BRISTOL CITY,BRISTOL CITY F.C. :dance:

THIS GUYS LOSS NOT OURS

I wasn't actually saying about Carey's move just used it as an example as of the sort of thing it meant to Al Ahly, I know it is a lot of money but even if we do get Mifsud he will have a tag attached to him at start of the season by some fans as the 2nd choice and people will wonder what could of been it will be a tainted signing but one we will all have to accept. The town of Trowbridge is too gas affected for my liking as well

Paxcroft Trowbridge Red

I wasn't actually saying about Carey's move just used it as an example as of the sort of thing it meant to Al Ahly, I know it is a lot of money but even if we do get Mifsud he will have a tag attached to him at start of the season by some fans as the 2nd choice and people will wonder what could of been it will be a tainted signing but one we will all have to accept. The town of Trowbridge is too gas affected for my liking as well

Paxcroft Trowbridge Red

Don't you beleive it.... Trowbridge is RED...Trowbridge is CITY

I think the deal will go through. Both clubs and the player will work something out. The player wants this very badly and your club wants him as well. I think that something can be done, which will both reserve your dignity and complete the transfer.

As for Ghaly, it is his fault not ours he threw the shirt off, he is not the representative of Egyptian players/people.

this thread needs to end has anybody actually added anything new to this, seems to me that its all speculation and keeps going round & round the only thing that can stop this is official confirmation from city but when is anybodies guess :fastasleep:

I said this ages ago :farmer:

The signing of Mifsud may have been planned in advance before but if not it is like going into a nightclub and seeing a hot girl that your thinking wait til later you start talking to her and things are going okish, only to have to settle at the end of the night for the girl with smaller boobs a fatter ass and not so hot looking, ok you might of pulled and your taking her home but while your doing the deed your thinking of the other girl and wondering what if.

I think the deal will go through. Both clubs and the player will work something out. The player wants this very badly and your club wants him as well. I think that something can be done, which will both reserve your dignity and complete the transfer.

As for Ghaly, it is his fault not ours he threw the shirt off, he is not the representative of Egyptian players/people.

Sort of hope your write but it wouldent be all end all if he dident basicaly lost confedence in the deal going threw hope I'm wrong :fingerscrossed:

if the deal was done last week between the agent for Bristol and Ahly representatives for the fee etc,and Emad did the medical and agreed personal termsit then follows that he flew back to Cairo needing to get his registration sorted.The work permit that he needs to start with bristol is held up because Ahly wont release the registration until AFTER he has played on the 20th.They then expect us to turn up in Cairo and spend a lot of money before they release the player,leaving us with a player with no work permit and £750,000 down.

If Ahly wanted to do buisness the other way you would be up in arms in Cairo at being treated like this. It shows that their is little trust left in this deal. The player wanted to go so WHY did Ahly not release the regestration before the 20th when they knew that the regestration had to be done in England for the work permit application to be processed?

The Ahly fans on this forum are bound to stick up for thier club, but as far as i can see it is Ahly that has staged this situation because they either don't want to sell or they wont make the deal as easy as it could be. this is not aimed at any of the Egyptians it is how i see the problem

The Ahly fans on this forum are bound to stick up for thier club, but as far as i can see it is Ahly that has staged this situation because they either don't want to sell or they wont make the deal as easy as it could be. this is not aimed at any of the Egyptians it is how i see the problem

You mean they intentionally pissed off GJ so that he backs off the deal, and we keep the player? Would it not have been easier to just say no?

From the publishing of the fax showing exactly the fee we were willing to pay, to this latest shambles, suggests to me that Al Ahly were never keen on this transfer and were hoping that conducting it in public would lead to a bigger offer from someone else (probably in the Premier League).

Edson, the fax was almost certainly published by the agent, it was not on the Al Ahly site and it was the fax sent to the agent on our side NOT something directed to Al Ahly or used by them.

Of course it leaves a sour taste in the mouth but the Al Ahly fans have been accurate before and after Gary Johnson spoke and extremely polite: I don't think disrespecting their club is justified.

Both clubs have reasons to feel entitled to act the way they have, the Al Ahly fans have not been covering up unprofessionalism on their side any more than we assume we've done it all right.

You could argue we were naive to complete the deal a week later (as much due to the Portugal trip?) knowing the meaning of not completing the contracts might be quite different to Al Ahly.

Either way it's all conjecture and throwing these accusations around at Al Ahly doesn't help and might be deeply offensive to them if this is down to an agent (representative) WE are paying!

It certainly sounds like the latter and after all their polite information I don't think 'meteb' and 'ahly fan' and co deserve some of the accusations flying their way about their club's part in this.

I am not sticking up, Ahly and the player were WRONG. However, I was only suggesting that it might not be entirely their fault or that there *might* have been miscomprehension. I am not sure, but either way I was hoping to see the deal still going on and arranging for something other than canceling the deal, maybe a fee reduction or maybe a lower salary...anything.

Edson, the fax was almost certainly published by the agent, it was not on the Al Ahly site and it was the fax sent to the agent on our side NOT something directed to Al Ahly or used by them.

Of course it leaves a sour taste in the mouth but the Al Ahly fans have been accurate before and after Gary Johnson spoke and extremely polite: I don't think disrespecting their club is justified.

Both clubs have reasons to feel entitled to act the way they have, the Al Ahly fans have not been covering up unprofessionalism on their side any more than we assume we've done it all right.

You could argue we were naive to complete the deal a week later (as much due to the Portugal trip?) knowing the meaning of not completing the contracts might be quite different to Al Ahly.

Either way it's all conjecture and throwing these accusations around at Al Ahly doesn't help and might be deeply offensive to them if this is down to an agent (representative) WE are paying!

It certainly sounds like the latter and after all their polite information I don't think 'meteb' and 'ahly fan' and co deserve some of the accusations flying their way about their club's part in this.

Fair points. But why do you think we would withdraw from the deal (or at least threaten to, as is being suggested) if there was no wrongdoing on Al Ahly's part?

Gary chased this lad for months and months. Would he really pull out now if it was a simple misunderstanding?

I am not sticking up, Ahly and the player were WRONG. However, I was only suggesting that it might not be entirely their fault or that there *might* have been miscomprehension. I am not sure, but either way I was hoping to see the deal still going on and arranging for something other than canceling the deal, maybe a fee reduction or maybe a lower salary...anything.

Desparate.

Agent?

That makes sence give him a pay cut for the first 2 months :innocent06:

You mean they intentionally pissed off GJ so that he backs off the deal, and we keep the player? Would it not have been easier to just say no?

you only have 1 year left on his current contract, the player wants to come to England, you are in no position to say no as in january he can sign a precontract an you will get nothing. If the deal goes wrong the club can make it seem to Emad that its the BLOODY FOREIGNERS who have coc ked this deal up an try to persuade him to stay in Egypt. So yes i do think it was an attempt to sabbotage the deal

From MSN Arabia :-

'Bristol City terminate Emad Meteb's contract

Summary

Bristol City have declared their contract with Emad Meteb null and void on Tuesday due to a contractual violation by the latter

By: Sherif Tarek - Bristol City have declared their contract with Emad Meteb null and void on Tuesday due to a contractual violation by the latter.

The 25-year-old international took part in the Red Devils'' pivotal match against arch-rivals Zamalek in the African champions league , which contradicts with his agreement with the English second division side.

Bristol's officials regarded Meteb's Sunday featuring as a contractual violation, and thus revoked the deal.

The Ahly Homegrown attacker played the whole game, which ended in a deserved 2-1 victory for the Egyptian champions.

Furthermore, the English side claimed they had faced several difficulties in issuing a work permit for the Egyptian footballer.

Most probably, Bristol are trying to make an excuse for their earth-shattering decision.

England football regulations state any foreign player can join any English club as long as he took part in 75% of his country outfit''s international games in the year prior to the deal.

Emad took part in all Egypt's matches in 2007, therefore he should be entitled to seal a move to an English club without any obstacles in the way.

Yallakora.com found out that Bristol have signed another striker from Malta, presumably that's why they are trying to get rid of Emad.'

Thats it then!!!. Emad Meteb IS NOT!!! signing for Bristol City fc. My view is i think it's a massive shame. I feel sorry for Emad, Bristol City fc, Bristol City fc fans, Al Ahly,

The only people to benefit from all this is the Al Ahly fans.

I wish Al Ahly & Emad all the very best in the coming future. Yes i am a little heart broken for what might have been but sure i will get over it soon.

Good luck & good bye to Al Ahly & Emad :clap::clap::clap:

Guest DR DICKNOSE

With the current situation surrounding this player,does anyone know exactly what is going on(any inside news?)

just seems this is all becoming a complete joke,whether the player/club is at fault i don't know,for the sake of the fans/club i hope we can get this sorted sooner rather than later

&kick on with pre season preps.

hope someone can shed some light . :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

I honestly don't think we'll be signing him now.

I'm guessing now, the issue is 'how do we back out of the deal without losing a million and a half quid'

Very simple.

Either:

a) the deal wasn't signed in the first place

or

b) breach of contract.

worse case scenario... mifsud arrives, meteb doesn't and we all go... 'oh what an anti climax' when we should all be celebtrating the signing of another striker. gotta feel for mifsud if that scenario transpires.

p.s. i think they use the fex in malta in certain quarters.. not so far away from egypt across the med.. so not all is wasted by some chaps who have bought a box load.

I'd feel sorry for the guy whose brand new 5ft by 3ft Egyptian flag arrived in the post this morning...... namely - me! :noexpression: :noexpression: :noexpression: :noexpression:

I still hope you're right.

The crux of the matter is simple to me - was Emad, with his very limited knowledge of English, fully aware that he was going against an agreement with GJ or was he persuaded by an agent/interpretor that GJ/City had in fact sanctioned a final appearance for Al Ahly?

The transfer to City was NOT completed when he played in the Zamalek match.

If he was not personally at fault and neither were Al Ahly, then the deal can, and should be salvaged with the honour and dignity of the two club's untarnished.

Emad was clearly number 1 on GJ's list of targets and him being misinformed by a 3rd party into jeopardising the deal is not his fault and should not lead us to missing out on a striker who was evidently, in GJ's view, the very best one City could hope to recruit this Summer.

Thanks to all the Egyptian posters for their input in this saga.

Archived