IGNORED

Emad Meteab Set To Play Againat Zamalek Tomorrow

ahly fan

don't you mean 'as well as mifsud'?

that would be a nice thought mate but the more this saga draws out, the more i'm starting to wonder whether this muppet (meteb) and his joke of a club really deserve the money that's on offer.

i for one just want this situation to end one way or another before the season gets underway. i think i can take another week and that's about it before i pray the club tells him to go back to sweatland.

Come on gents if any of us was were going to pull out of a deal I would of pulled out on Monday / Tuesday not Friday.

I still think this deal will happen and he will be shown to the fans at the open day Sunday. :fingerscrossed::englandsmile4wf:

I agree, why would City drag things this far -

GJ said he wanted 2 strikers, Meteb was number 1, we have Mifsud, that's the two. Maynard at 2.5 mill was too expensive, Tyson is pants, and Phillips is over the hill for his demands, have faith - and hope!

Well, for what it's worth, I think City have dug themselves into a hole and have now stopped digging.

City paraded Meteb as our player on a 3 year deal - doesn't matter if he signed or not, the intent was clear and a contract formed.

Pulling out, or even threatening to pull out, will have implications on people with vested interests - and they won't hold back in holding their hands out for their fees, compensation or taking legal action.

I get the impression that one part of City wants to get Meteb here away from the influences of Ahly and the other part wants to say "stuff it I've had enough".

As I see it, the latter part will only win if all the legal, financial and business loose ends are squared off before pulling out, if they can't be squared off then Meteb will be on his way here and all the baggage surrounding him stowed away.

I don't see that this has anything to do with Mifsud - that seems to be another opportunistic signing ala Williams (if indeed he does sign, which is nowhere near certain).

Of course, all that could be bollux just like the deal itself, but either way pulling out of this deal could create a whole new load of problems which just aint worth it.

Totally agree with you Cynic - my opinion on another thread.

I question if City actually had any sort of written agreement with Alhy (and not just with the player) that he should not play and if we didn't then pulling out of the deal may ensure some pretty costly claims just to save face.

I agree, why would City drag things this far -

GJ said he wanted 2 strikers, Meteb was number 1, we have Mifsud, that's the two. Maynard at 2.5 mill was too expensive, Tyson is pants, and Phillips is over the hill for his demands, have faith - and hope!

I don't think I've made any replies to this topic as of yet, but I'd like to think you're right!

Most people I've spoken to recently, reckon that we do need not one, but two new strikers, considering that both Byfield and Showunmi have already left the club!

I think it is over. GJ won't say it's over until everything is finalised with the Maltese player.

Reports saying that Emad is injured are ludicrous. There is nothing wrong with him.

It's a shame that all that time spent in speculation, negotiation, and trips back and forth is in vain.

Just hope Emad can keep his chin up and deliver the kind of football that makes English coaches knock on your hotel room and convince you to join their teams, you will hear of Emad in the future. He will play in next year's Confederation Cup and hopefully the World Cup of 2010.

It's just shame because this is the second time a deal with an English team does not materialise. Boro wanted him but did not approve of his £2m asking price.

Whatever happened, GJ obviously interpreted it as deceit and treachery. It is his team and all decisions are up to him because at the end of the day he will be held accountable for the results. If this is how he will retain the respect of the dressing room, so be it.

I hope BCFC can have a successful season and make it to the Premier League.

Cheers

I think this deal may still be alive but there are many factors to this that we don't undertsand.

Did GJ actually say he wasnt going to play in that game - no sure if he did.

African middle eastern clubs drive a hard bargin and like to take their time and have a very complex negs for players.

If the deal was off then i think that the club may have pulled the story of his official signing from the website. I personally hope that we sign him and he comes here. I will be very dissapointed if the deal falls through - when i heard the deal had gone through i jump up, cheered and did a little jig. Its not very often we sign players that really excites the fans in terms of potential.

No disresoect to Mifsud i would be delighted if we signed him and if the Mateb deal was never on the table then i would be ecstactic if he signed. Lets start a Mifsud thread :D

Archived