IGNORED

Bullys Rear Their Ugly

why oh why do a small section of this message boards followers

criticise our newly signed up City fans who are the fans of bristol city's future

The bullys are generally the ones who have had an unhappy child hood

and been bullied at school and even at work

They think they can now come to a message board and abuse any

one they want to with out any come backs

To our new members and supporters wellcome to the Bristol City message board

Post what you like(WITHIN REASON) and don't worry about

the bullys on this forum

To the new members drop me a private message if you want any moral support

and enjoy being a Bristol City fan for a life time

I do agree NTDS.

I don't believe that they necessarily realise what they are doing. But a lot of us newbies, read this forum for a LONG time(in my case it was over a year), before deciding to join - and it was exactly the ridiculing of new members that had put me off.

In the end I needed some genuine advice from City fans, so decided to join up.

Unfortunatley NTDS what a lot of these more established OTIB'ers don't realise is that not everyone could have joined from day one.

It doesn't make their opinion any less valid or worthy.

It doesn't mean that they are any less of a City fan.

Is it just me but does this place always seem to get a little bit more tetchy during transfer windows?

I do agree NTDS.

I don't believe that they necessarily realise what they are doing. But a lot of us newbies, read this forum for a LONG time(in my case it was over a year), before deciding to join - and it was exactly the ridiculing of new members that had put me off.

In the end I needed some genuine advice from City fans, so decided to join up.

Unfortunatley NTDS what a lot of these more established OTIB'ers don't realise is that not everyone could have joined from day one.

It doesn't make their opinion any less valid or worthy.

It doesn't mean that they are any less of a City fan.

Is it just me but does this place always seem to get a little bit more tetchy during transfer windows?

Who's been bullying guys....? Any specific instances you can come up with cause thats not on...!

i don't think its bullying really ,more like patronizing or little put downs. i don't think the title "newbies" helps either.I have been around the site for at least a year before deciding to join the debate ,and was also put off by a few established members that seem to be unquestionable. Debate is healthy and i will attack a post but some seem to over step the mark on ocasion buy their put downs.We all love our club so lets stop the "i am a better supporter than you " thing NOW.

I'm glad somebody has finaly had the bottle to start a thread on this subject.

It's not just aimed at "Newbies" I think there is a definate lack of "respect" shown by some when debating various topics. Just becuase somebody has a diferent point of view, which you may totally disagree with, doesn't mean you have to ridicule and indeed bully.

As far as I'm concern it shows a lack of vocabulary and ability to post a different point of view, if all a poster can do is abuse the person.

A bit of funny banter is one thing but some of the stuff on here goes beyond that.

Exchanging opinions in a mature manner and a bit of light-hearted banter are what makes this forum surely one of the best around.

There is a huge breadth (football in general) and depth (City in particular) of knowledge on here that I look forward to but any sniping and any obvious personal abuse have to be reined in and the responsibility lies with us all on that count

Guest Bristol City  93

I, like many other newbies, have probably been viewing this for a long time, (in my case about a year!), but I think there is a certain amount of disrespect, but I don't think it is too bad.

Compared to other forums this is one of the best around, and this is partly down to people putting there points across without feeling intimidated, or worried how others will view there posts.

:city:

I was reading a thread on the Oatcake (Stoke City forum) the other day where one of their original forum members wrote an open letter to the other members basically saying that he'd had it with the forum because of the general abuse and vitriol that is regularly aimed at people by the majority of members on there. They are particularly bad on there- i asked a the question 'do i think they will stay up?' yesterday and some of the responses i got were terribly abusive. I personally was happy to give as good as i got, but there are others who are not used to it and i would hate for our generally well mannered forum to go the way of that one because some people on this forum think that it is exclusive to members pre-2004. I am the same as many 'newbies' in that i have spent a couple of years looking at the forum but just didn't have the inclination to join. So lets all cut us 'Newbies' some slack. I personally have been everywhere watching City for the last 20+ years (17 of those years as a season ticket holder), so i think my view is as valid as anybody else on here.

I tried to put a link to the thread from their rebelling fan from the Oatcake forum on here, but those lot post about 3,000 new threads every minute so i gave up.

I haven't seen any bullying, just the odd newer member getting moaned at occasionally for using txt spk. Can't see a problem with that really.

Got to agree with you here. I havent seen any bullying on here. Some people are picky with the way others write their posts, but apart from that it's fine,,

We are all City fans, don't take life (or this forum!) too seriously, enjoy life, and be part of Gary Johnsons revolution!!

I suppose it depends on your definition of bullying. And no matter what your definition, something that will not bother one poster may put another off from taking part. Personally, I don't like to see genuine people put down by the more vociferous members. But one man's meat is anothers poison....or one persons terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.........

Some people are too sensitive.

The fact that some of the new people (Johnsons Left Nut) has been criticised, is nothing to do with the fact they're new, but that they're talking shite in someone elses opinion.

Everyone is adult here, whats the problem?

Although I've not seen anything that can constitute bullying?

To put this in simple terms I think there are a few people on this site who think because they have been here on a long time they have the right to criticise spelling or rubbish peoples opinions.

It's not bullying but shows these people to be sad and having an over inflated opinion of themselves.

So what if people spell words incorrectly or or aren't as concise as some??

Everyones opinion is worth something (apart from those just trying to stir) and some people need to take their head out of their arses and just discuss the team we all support.

To put this in simple terms I think there are a few people on this site who think because they have been here on a long time they have the right to criticise spelling or rubbish peoples opinions.

It's not bullying but shows these people to be sad and having an over inflated opinion of themselves.

So what if people spell words incorrectly or or aren't as concise as some??

Everyones opinion is worth something (apart from those just trying to stir) and some people need to take their head out of their arses and just discuss the team we all support.

I don't think anybody is bothered about spelling or typos really but it does get on my tits when you see people posting in txt spk because it's bloody impossible to read (and against the forum rules). There's a spell check button as well for people who aren't great at spelling.

If you're new to a forum and want to get your opinion across it's best to do it in a way most people will understand isn't it?

I just don't think spelling is of any great importance so long as you can get your message across.

Loads of kids these days are being brought up on text speak and yes it is annoying but its what many people find easiest.

I for one cannot be bothered hitting a spell check button, so long as I belive I'm getting my point across I don't mind, same applies to others.

This isnt a work place or school so people shouldn't dismiss peoples messages or belittle them by criticising spelling/grammar.

In an ideal world, YES, everyone would write beautifully, correctly AND get their point across but this aint a perfect world.

i don't think its bullying really ,more like patronizing or little put downs. i don't think the title "newbies" helps either.I have been around the site for at least a year before deciding to join the debate ,and was also put off by a few established members that seem to be unquestionable. Debate is healthy and i will attack a post but some seem to over step the mark on ocasion buy their put downs.We all love our club so lets stop the "i am a better supporter than you " thing NOW.

Hear hear!! Totally agree with all you've said,let's stick together!!

I just don't think spelling is of any great importance so long as you can get your message across.

Loads of kids these days are being brought up on text speak and yes it is annoying but its what many people find easiest.

I for one cannot be bothered hitting a spell check button, so long as I belive I'm getting my point across I don't mind, same applies to others.

This isnt a work place or school so people shouldn't dismiss peoples messages or belittle them by criticising spelling/grammar.

In an ideal world, YES, everyone would write beautifully, correctly AND get their point across but this aint a perfect world.

I don't think the majority of people on this forum find text speak easiest and that's why people get stroppy about it.

I agree though that it spelling etc shouldn't matter as long as your point can be understood, but there have been a fair few recently that made me think I needed an enigma machine!

I don't think the majority of people on this forum find text speak easiest and that's why people get stroppy about it.

I agree though that it spelling etc shouldn't matter as long as your point can be understood, but there have been a fair few recently that made me think I needed an enigma machine!

-----------------

To be honest I preferred the rivals website that seemed to die an untimely death. Was called 'Jengles' there.

I guess the people who use text talk would make the same point about understanding normal messages! It's just the way of the world and how life is progressing.

Some may find it sad but hey ho lets all get on with things.

Guest MaloneFM
cheers uncle new i could rely on you to spot the deliberate spelling mistake :whistle2:

LOOK! LOOK! He did it AGAIN! Are you twanging uncles braces Ribbington you little bugger? Ooooh you...look, look, what's this I have found behind your ear? Is it a sixpence? Mmm is it? Is it?

No it's a smack around the head you pisstaking little sod... :angry:

Well in my opinion text speak has only been around since mobile phones became widely used.

Probably true, but I was a kid when they came out, and I don't talk like it?

Neither do any of my mates.

I put it down to intellect but thats just my opinion aint it.

Archived