IGNORED

Bullys Rear Their Ugly

Very often I find poor spelling and grammar does have a major effect on the point people are making. Someone who can construct a point clearly is more worthy of a read in my opinion.

-----------

As you say, that's your opinion and thats cool you aren't going around moaning and criticising people.

Some people obviously are.

Probably because they haven't got anything better to be doing.

-----------------

To be honest I preferred the rivals website that seemed to die an untimely death. Was called 'Jengles' there.

I guess the people who use text talk would make the same point about understanding normal messages! It's just the way of the world and how life is progressing.

Some may find it sad but hey ho lets all get on with things.

Same here mate - I was CamRed on rivals, and while there was a good alternative to OTIB I used that.

There are some warriors here, and good luck to them - but some of the postings on here lately have been complete BS. Now, whether it's just people having a laugh, or people thinking they have some kind of good source I'm not too sure. If you don't like it then you don't have to use the forum, we're all adults and if you can't take good natured stick then I guess this isn't the best place to be playing!

LOOK! LOOK! He did it AGAIN! Are you twanging uncles braces Ribbington you little bugger? Ooooh you...look, look, what's this I have found behind your ear? Is it a sixpence? Mmm is it? Is it?

No it's a smack around the head you pisstaking little sod... :angry:

now now don't be a bully uncle ,you on the wagon again........... go on pour yourself another one :drunk2:

Probably true, but I was a kid when they came out, and I don't talk like it?

Neither do any of my mates.

I put it down to intellect but thats just my opinion aint it.

------------------

Some people do, some people don't.

If its down to intellect that means this country is going to be f*cked when they grow up and have positions of power!

Same here mate - I was CamRed on rivals, and while there was a good alternative to OTIB I used that.

There are some warriors here, and good luck to them - but some of the postings on here lately have been complete BS. Now, whether it's just people having a laugh, or people thinking they have some kind of good source I'm not too sure. If you don't like it then you don't have to use the forum, we're all adults and if you can't take good natured stick then I guess this isn't the best place to be playing!

---------------

Exactly. Some of the stick has been uncalled for and I believe that is what this post is trying to get across.

People would leave if they didn't like. Good natured stick is fine but i don't think that was what this post was trying to convey.

Anyway, I have wasted FAR to much time, probably missed heartbeat now

Guest MaloneFM
now now don't be a bully uncle ,you on the wagon again........... go on pour yourself another one :drunk2:

Forgive uncle Ribbington. Got back from Barcelona this morning. Springsteen at the Nou Camp. Seriously.

Jolly good but no Pimms in the hostility box, no Pimms at the Hotel, no Pimms on the Greasyjet flight.

It's a wonder Mrs M is still alive.

------------------

Some people do, some people don't.

If its down to intellect that means this country is going to be f*cked when they grow up and have positions of power!

Lets hope the best ones grow out of it, although I doubt the fools will be in positions of power.

And yes, the country is ###### up already, hence why kids these days go round beating up police and knifing each other as opposed to playing marbles and swapping Pokemon cards.

And yes, the country is ###### up already, hence why kids these days go round beating up police and knifing each other as opposed to playing marbles and swapping Pokemon cards.

Man I'm getting old. In my day it was conkers and panini cards.

Guest MaloneFM
Now then Ribs, use that spell check thingy, otherwise uncle Rog will spank (nearly spelt that with a W until spell checker corrected me!) you!!

Would like to Willers as we all know Ribbington is a quite lovely looking child. Like one of the Von Trapp children that was a crap singer. Sadly two things prevent me from giving him a bit of an emptying.

Those being the Magistrate and the old register I had to sign.

I'm only 23 and that makes me feel old too... Pogs and paninis for me. And I think at some point people were trading yoyos.

As for text speak... Surely using it away from mobile phones is just laziness. The only reason to ever do it is to save a few characters in texts.

Forgive uncle Ribbington. Got back from Barcelona this morning. Springsteen at the Nou Camp. Seriously.

Jolly good but no Pimms in the hostility box, no Pimms at the Hotel, no Pimms on the Greasyjet flight.

It's a wonder Mrs M is still alive.

how was mr springsteen rather good i,d imagine :dancing2:

Would like to Willers as we all know Ribbington is a quite lovely looking child. Like one of the Von Trapp children that was a crap singer. Sadly two things prevent me from giving him a bit of an emptying.

Those being the Magistrate and the old register I had to sign.

Say no more Uncle... :noexpression:

Ribs, your luck would be in if it wasnt for the court order...

Is uncle related to Cureton??????????????????? :whistle:

Now then Ribs, use that spell check thingy, otherwise uncle Rog will spank (nearly spelt that with a W until spell checker corrected me!) you!!

yes i know WR perhaps i will take myself off and give myself a damn good thrashing :tounge:

I can vaguely remember drinking unhealthy amounts of coke trying to get a ring pull that got me a free yoyo.

Would that be one with a motor-type-thing in it? You were only cool if you had one of those.

I can remember someone paying £5 for the Brighton/Palace badge sticker in my probably my 2nd year of secondary school - that was a lot of money in 1985, but a lot nicer than stabbing someone for it. Ahhhh, the good old days, eh lads!

Would that be one with a motor-type-thing in it? You were only cool if you had one of those.

Might be before that, in the 80s they were giving away these plastic yoyos if you got a ring pull with a mark on the inside. If you got 10 you got a gold one.

These things:

ce43_1.JPG

To be cool you had to learn how to do all the tricks - walking the dog and baby in a cradle and all that.

Guest MaloneFM
yes i know WR perhaps i will take myself off and give myself a damn good thrashing :tounge:

No pictures mind Ribbington. If uncle gets collared downloading again it's off to visit his chum Mr Glitter abroad for quite some time.

Might be before that, in the 80s they were giving away these plastic yoyos if you got a ring pull with a mark on the inside. If you got 10 you got a gold one.

These things:

ce43_1.JPG

To be cool you had to learn how to do all the tricks - walking the dog and baby in a cradle and all that.

Ah, yes, this was the re-re-re-release of the yoyo, around 1994. The motor allowed the tricks to be done much easier (even the uncool kids like myself could be cool! :dancing2: )

itsso ###### sad that people bully others really ..god help anyone if they spell any thing wrong here..cus the sad ######s seem to jump on them..well i can bet i may not be able to spell ..but i can also say my job pay alot better than the giro and the uneducated #######s that pick our new fans up on this ..####!

Pro-set cards are the enduring memory of my early childhood http://www.footybits.co.uk/index.php?cPath=122_125 Think Taylor, Shelton and Rob Newman were our representatives.

No knive weilding adventures and bloody txt spk for this young whippersnapper. Had hot Summers too! Those were indeed the days......

Hot summers! Thing of the past now mate!

My eldest has just finished her first year at primary school, she'll never know what it's like to spend 6 whole weeks in shorts, making dens, swapping footy cards, hacky sacks, Frankie Says tee shirts..what a life!

I just don't think spelling is of any great importance so long as you can get your message across.

Loads of kids these days are being brought up on text speak and yes it is annoying but its what many people find easiest.

I for one cannot be bothered hitting a spell check button, so long as I belive I'm getting my point across I don't mind, same applies to others.

This isnt a work place or school so people shouldn't dismiss peoples messages or belittle them by criticising spelling/grammar.

In an ideal world, YES, everyone would write beautifully, correctly AND get their point across but this aint a perfect world.

Have to disagree with you their EmissionImpossible. Speeling is important and there kneads to be a big improvement in speeling standards or the forum will fail i'ts SATS. Another thing that kneads looking at is grammar and puntuashion. Sum postss make you gasp for breth becuse their is, a compleet lack of coma's, or, full stops. Correct puntuashion, makes something sound rite, even when it mite, not be, the bestest ritten thing ever.

Luckily I did, English langwage at O level and English licherachure, as well as. Ime glad that I did so as I can know rite fings, proper like. Unlike you I find speel cheque, to be a grate, help even trough I reely do'nt knead tooo mush help with me speeling.

Even trough; it do'nt appliegh: to me I, cant stand them what critiseyes postes which have dogy speeling or grandma. Not evrione is lucky like, I to have had, a good ejucashun, which heped, me to become Editor of the Bristol Evening Post, so think on.

Have to disagree with you their EmissionImpossible. Speeling is important and there kneads to be a big improvement in speeling standards or the forum will fail i'ts SATS. Another thing that kneads looking at is grammar and puntuashion. Sum postss make you gasp for breth becuse their is, a compleet lack of coma's, or, full stops. Correct puntuashion, makes something sound rite, even when it mite, not be, the bestest ritten thing ever.

Luckily I did, English langwage at O level and English licherachure, as well as. Ime glad that I did so as I can know rite fings, proper like. Unlike you I find speel cheque, to be a grate, help even trough I reely do'nt knead tooo mush help with me speeling.

Even trough; it do'nt appliegh: to me I, cant stand them what critiseyes postes which have dogy speeling or grandma. Not evrione is lucky like, I to have had, a good ejucashun, which heped, me to become Editor of the Bristol Evening Post, so think on.

:worship2:

Very good. Nice to see some proper spelling and education above. It's very personal to me because...

I. AM. IN. THE. SLOW. READERS. CLASS. AT. SCHOOL. (17 seconds...!) :innocent06:

... and it's not just the new City fans being picked on either! I've had my fair share of abuse I can tell thee but I like it here so I'm staying :tongue:

I think it happens on most message boards to be honest. You get your 'regulars' who form a sort of cyberspace clique and other members tend to refrain from challenging their posts/views for fear of a 'virtual kicking'.

It's only a message board. If you think you're being bullied, fight back ... I do :icecream:

Archived