IGNORED

Mifsud, If He's Not Good Enough For Coventry Then Why Is He Good Enough For Us

scrumpyhead

A little of both for me. I warmed to him fairly instantly and I'll be sad to see him go, but at the same time I feel it's right that we make profit on a player who wants to play elsewhere, and indeed could walk out for nothing in the summer.

So long as he doesn't come back to haunt us, of course.

I expect improvement to say the least; I'll be happy if we're sat in 12th come May with nothing to play for, so long as there are signs of progress. Our signings since the takeover have been very encouraging and suggest a bright future, but I'm not one of these who expects instant gratification. I've had 8 years of false promises since relegation.

As for you, I haven't a clue (that's the Championship for you...). You took me by surprise last season to say the least. After you were the side to end our early good form last season with a spanking at the Ricoh, if you keep the same squad (with a few notable additions ;)) I don't see why you can't be in the playoff mix again.

I see Chris Coleman was quoted yesterday as saying it would be another tough season. Sensible to manage expectations rather than promise the earth. Best of luck anyway.

I'm not sure, really. I've seen other sources that put the fee at around £1.5m, although we'll probably never know. Considering how quickly it was accepted, I'd be a little surprised if it was under the £1m mark though, unless it's purposely to create some kind of counter-bid from another of the sides linked.

Can the forum moderators please stop idiotic posts like this from being posted.

CHEERS!

But bthat would virtually close the forum down!

I'm not sure, really. I've seen other sources that put the fee at around £1.5m, although we'll probably never know. Considering how quickly it was accepted, I'd be a little surprised if it was under the £1m mark though, unless it's purposely to create some kind of counter-bid from another of the sides linked.

Thanks for the input.

It's always nice to see other clubs fans come on here and add to a discussion rather than provoking a response through narrow minded comments.

As has been said, all the best next season apart from when our paths cross :D

What a pathetic post!

He scored 17 goals for a rubbish team last season, with us I'm 100% sure he can do that again or do even better, 17 goals is a bloody good return for a usless team like coventry.

Adebola and him back together again would produce goals.

Trust GJ for goodness sake

Hello all, since your offer was accepted I've been lurking to see how it's being received at your end, just thought I'd add my 2p.

Mifsud is more than good enough for us, there's really no question about that. The reason he's allowed to leave is primarily because his contract is running out in June (although if he was on a longer deal, I'd still be hesitant to keep an unhappy player) and by all accounts he spoke about moving on late last season. Coleman signing Eastwood and perhaps Morrison would certainly have had a Mifsud exit in mind; indeed our chairman said that talks over a new contract were basically a non-starter as he was set on going.

With regards his dip in form, it coincided with his red card against WBA. He came back and had a few goalscoring flashes (away at WBA and at Blackburn) but seemed more unlucky than poor in the second half of the season. I don't think it was just because of Adebola as he still had plenty of chances, he just seemed to do everything but score at times. Even during the barren spell he was always a danger, as you'd expect from a player so quick; and more importantly he never looked like he'd given up, which is always good to see in a player even when off-form.

He wants to play through the middle, and he didn't do this often last season (I've heard that 11 of his goals were when playing out wide) but I suspect that being treated as one of the first names on the teamsheet would give him enough of a boost to start firing again.

Depending on the final fee, I think both sides may have done fairly well out of the deal. All the best.

cheers mate for your helpful, informative comments.

If some City fans are thinking "weve lost Metab (£1) and found Mifsud (sixpence)" it proves again that some of us can never be happy, that some of us are professional moaners who never see City playing even when they're at a match (if they go that is) because all the time they thinking about the imaginary team that will never appear in City colours.

Mifsud will be brilliant with Gary. Imagine what Dele's thinking and how this will inspire him to give even more.

If Coventry felt that Mifsud was not quality enough for them then why is he good enough for us. Do we have so sign another 10 goals (at most) a season striker. We need someone who's prolific, not a goal every now and then...we've got enough of them already..... Trundles got a better chance of scoring more than Mifsud. Christ, brick wall.........head.......banging.

Bang it a bit harder please...........

Hope you all have another good season. (with a slight early derailing on August 23rd, of course)

Looking forward to it mate,lovely ground and good support should be a cracking game this time,settle for a point despite what happened last year

If Coventry felt that Mifsud was not quality enough for them then why is he good enough for us. Do we have so sign another 10 goals (at most) a season striker. We need someone who's prolific, not a goal every now and then...we've got enough of them already..... Trundles got a better chance of scoring more than Mifsud. Christ, brick wall.........head.......banging.

He scored 17 in all apparently and put in for a transfer request !!!

Sorry but what a stupid thread title ..he's obviously fed up with it up there and wants a move ...he's not "prolific" but is proven to score goal at this level ..hardly a case of him not being good enough for Coventry more a case of him wanting to be in a team who are competing at the right end of the table

I didnt go to the Ricoh last season, but, did Dele and Mifsud start for Cov back then?

Anyone thought about why we were so good at containing them that day? Will other teams be able to do this if we start using the same partnership?

No I'm pretty sure Dele played alongside McKenzie that day.

Yep, then 19 games without a goal I read. That is sh~t.

we don't have the money or the profile to draw a proven 20 goal a season championship striker , we.... actually, **** it, if you're dumb enough to post that, you arent going to listen to mear common sense, eh?

unbelievable some of the shit that gets posted on here.

Mifsud is a good signing, but......... If we have bid £1.5m on him that has been reported, I'd much rather have seen Maynard sign for us at the £2m that Crewe want.

I'm inclined to agree and Mifsud's impending arrival is unfortunately being clouded by the Emad saga as well.

Though the Emad deal falling through is very disappointing, we shouldn't forget that Mifsud should be an excellent signing in his own right,

If however the fiasco gives City the impetus to return to Crewe with renewed determination to prise Maynard away then his capture, along with Mifsud, would be a powerful consolation.

I'm inclined to agree and Mifsud's impending arrival is unfortunately being clouded by the Emad saga as well.

Though the Emad deal falling through is very disappointing, we shouldn't forget that Mifsud should be an excellent signing in his own right,

If however the fiasco gives City the impetus to return to Crewe with renewed determination to prise Maynard away then his capture, along with Mifsud, would be a powerful consolation.

that sounds good to me Mifsud and Maynard exelant Emad who :dunno:

Another player totally condemned before he kicks a ball for Bristol City. And another thick **** claiming to support Bristol City.

Sorry but what a stupid thread title ..he's obviously fed up with it up there and wants a move ...he's not "prolific" but is proven to score goal at this level ..hardly a case of him not being good enough for Coventry more a case of him wanting to be in a team who are competing at the right end of the table

I disgaree mate, he realised he was not Coventy had already bought to replace Mifsud and once he realised he put his request in. He was shit for them for 5 months of the season and they are pleased to check get rid.

Yep, then 19 games without a goal I read. That is sh~t.

Jesus christ, who do you think we are?!?! were Bristol City for christ sake!

People seem to forget that this club, on comparison to many clubs in our division, is a small club. Yes we had one great season last year, but teams like Coventry are bigger clubs then us at the moment! Its as simple as that

Mifsud would be a great signing! The sooner people stop thinking we should be signing players like Lita and Phillips etc, when we quite clearly cannot compete financially for these players, the better.

Out of interest, who do you want to sign?!?!?!

I disgaree mate, he realised he was not Coventy had already bought to replace Mifsud and once he realised he put his request in. He was shit for them for 5 months of the season and they are pleased to check get rid.

Are you actually stupid ? What are you basing these strange assumptions on ? Cov don't want to let him go, hence why he's put in a transfer request, players who a club don't want don't put in transfer requests as they are just put on the transfer list.

They have bought Eastwood and Morrison (neither of whom are as good as Mifsud) because they have known for a while that he may leave, Mifsud hasn't left because he's afraid of a striker who has managed a grand total of about 6 goals in the championship ever, Eastwood is completely unproven, he isn't prolific and won't score a lot of goals, as we have seen, what a massive 3 last season, he's not worth the money. I love the way there is a Cov fan on here saying he was by no means shit, but you chose to ignore him and instead take you own evaluation of a player you have seen mabye once, probably not at all, over someone who watched him most of last season. 16 goals in half a season is not bad, his strike partner left and he got stuck on the left wing, where is does not play, if man U stuck Ronaldo at Right back he wouldn't score many goals, wouldn't make him shit though would it ?

I'm sorry but you must either be one of the most moronic people on here or you are on a wind up, sadly from your posts i think you are actually that stupid.

Jesus christ, who do you think we are?!?! were Bristol City for christ sake!

People seem to forget that this club, on comparison to many clubs in our division, is a small club. Yes we had one great season last year, but teams like Coventry are bigger clubs then us at the moment! Its as simple as that

Mifsud would be a great signing! The sooner people stop thinking we should be signing players like Lita and Phillips etc, when we quite clearly cannot compete financially for these players, the better.

Out of interest, who do you want to sign?!?!?!

Well said, top post.

I totally agree that he would be a great signing in his own right. I was talking to a Cov mate yesterday and he seems to think that he's an outstanding talent and that he would be an excellent signing for us. He has also been linked with big clubs in the past. This goal isn't bad either (not that Wednesday will win any awards for defending!) ...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sfz2YnO3yu8

There's very little truth to any of this. Strike recruits were brought in and Mifsud may not have been an automatic starter up front any more, but the feelers were put out with regards a new contract so he wasn't being replaced. His request is a mixture of wanting a consistent start and playing in his preferred position, both of which weren't guaranteed here.

Very, very few people are pleased to lose him (it's more acceptance than joy in those cases anyway) and he was miles away from being shit for the latter part of last season; his only real problem was the lack of goals, but even then Leon Best was a lone striker with Mifsud playing withdrawn.

Well not according to a few season ticket holders i know from up there , was played out of position and lost confidence ..still we all have our own opinion :city:

Archived