IGNORED

Mifsud Deal Now Off?

Dazy07

Sorry not sure where the words went in my reply above - they just disappeared !?

Anyway, I was saying that everyone has an opinion, this one in my eyes is a ridiculous one.

What has happened with the Meteb transfer should never be allowed to cloud anyones judgement of GJ - if Mifsud does not sign it will be a monetary problem, not anything GJ and his team has done wrong.

Don't forget how far we have come under GJ. What is it they say....you can please some of the people some of the time....

I respect your opinion however I feel at times a lot of us fans should take off our rose tinted glasses and accept the fact that GJ major weakness is in his transfer dealings, not the quality of signing the process we go through as opposed to other clubs (Apparantly)

I agree with Matt BCFC's words on this.

If the Meteb deal falls through it is not anyone's fault at our club. And if the Mifsud deal falls through it is because we exercised sensible financial restraint. Overpaying would leave us in a poor situation financially and would potentially cause problems with other players. We have a management team now who seem to exercise some solid controls and principles and if this means that us fans have to be frustrated from time to time, then we'll just have to deal with it. There are probably loads of deals that never come to anything that we don't hear about. On this ocassion Coverntry forced us to anounce it following their announcement.

Gj will come good, although I admit it does look very worrying at the moment.

And also a very very good piece of business from GJ. Wont be missed, £700,00 profit in 6 months.Well done Gary.

Absolute rubbish, he was the best thing since sliced bread when he was a BCFC player according to many, now because he plays for someone else he wont be missed? Get real, and injury to Elliott (He already has one), or little lee and we will be seriously missing him next year.

I Only hope he doesn't come back to haunt us..

I find it very very sad that nearly every transfer BCFC gets involved in turns to shite! I think GJ and the entire team of people dealing in transfers should have a long hard look at themselves.

Why is it always BCFC"?

We've offered him £4.33 and a packet of quavers per week. He wants 5.43 and 2 packets of salt and vinegar crisps. We won't offer more - he has to think about it. HOw does that constitute "turning to crap"? Do you think we should just offer what he wants?

We've offered him £4.33 and a packet of quavers per week. He wants 5.43 and 2 packets of salt and vinegar crisps. We won't offer more - he has to think about it. HOw does that constitute "turning to crap"? Do you think we should just offer what he wants?

If GJ wants him that bad then yes as long as its not that silly. Our failure to score enough goals cost us a Premier League place last year, strikers that can score goals get you promoted, what price do you put on that?

Absolute rubbish, he was the best thing since sliced bread when he was a BCFC player according to many, now because he plays for someone else he wont be missed? Get real, and injury to Elliott (He already has one), or little lee and we will be seriously missing him next year.

In your opinion, not mine and certainly not in GJ's opinion.----

Were you in Portugal ? Did you read what GJ had to say about Nick Carle...? I posted it for you to read - its from the horse's mouth my friend. Myself and GJ have something in common chum, we don't rate Carle. GJ thought £1.2m was too good to refuse when offered. He has stats on every player, not just assists, or goals, but Stamina, agility, attitude, the way they train, eat, drink etc etc....he did not tick any of Gary's boxes. End of. Not good enough. Never was, never will be. Jog on to Colin's motley crew was the best thing he could do.

And why did GJ buy him is the next question is it ?? Because he thought he would get more from him, but he didnt deliver.

Which City fans exactly!?

YES he showed potential, YES on his day he showed signs of his ability and YES I was disappointed to see him leave. But what are any of these people who thought 'he was the best thing since sliced bread' basing their opinions on, because whatever it is I didnt see it in his time with the club. And perhaps more importantly you should concentrate on your opinion rather than that of others, for if all anyone did was base their opinion on that of others then this forum would be over-loaded with negative knee jerk band-wagoners who would rather throw their toys out the pram than realise how damn far we have come with Johnson at the helm. They may also stop to think how current circumstances, if a player agree's not to play and then goes against his word (for whatever reason) or if a player expects more money than is feesible, are in no way his fault.

Do not be fooled by the lack of anti-manager, anti-club spiel that comes from me, if both these deals fall through then ill be incredibly frustrated.

Vent your frustrations by all means, but don't point fingers and post such utter rubbish which only serves to increase the already high levels of frustration.

Were you in Portugal ? Did you read what GJ had to say about Nick Carle...? I posted it for you to read - its from the horse's mouth my friend. Myself and GJ have something in common chum, we don't rate Carle. GJ thought £1.2m was too good to refuse when offered. He has stats on every player, not just assists, or goals, but Stamina, agility, attitude, the way they train, eat, drink etc etc....he did not tick any of Gary's boxes. End of. Not good enough. Never was, never will be. Jog on to Colin's motley crew was the best thing he could do.

And why did GJ buy him is the next question is it ?? Because he thought he would get more from him, but he didnt deliver.

I'm glad you agree with GJ it must make you feel very special, I don't and wont blindly agree with everything he does!

If he couldn't get more out of him, that in his opinion was in there somewhere should GJ then take some of the blame as well?

I'll get me tin hat!!

I'm glad you agree with GJ it must make you feel very special, I don't and wont blindly agree with everything he does!

If he couldn't get more out of him, that in his opinion was in there somewhere should GJ then take some of the blame as well?

I'll get me tin hat!!

Yeah ok Frenchred I now agree with everything GJ says and does....clown.

I agree on this issue. End of. Don't shoot the messenger.

Ever wonder why those in the know don't always post - something to do with being shot down ? Maybe when info comes my way, I'll keep it to myself in future. Winner.

Carle had potential we could see that.... However doubling your money was great business. He failed to show the kind of spark GJ obviously expected. Palace saw something in him and for that price you'd have to be made not to sell him. Potential can go one of two ways, let's see how much Carle is worth this time next year.....

Of course he may be worth 5 Mill.......

But I can't see it. :disapointed2se:

Personally I agree with other people and totally disagree with GJ on this.

Carle was getting better with time, but the last few games of the season he was really beginning to show his ability, unfortunately at the start of his time at City, he was pushed around positions and had the major concern of settling into a new club but most importantly a whole new City and Country, off the field there would have been problems which unfortunately and unintentially would have affected his football, but GJ took a quick small profit and moved him on.

Personally I think GJ has totally cocked up on this one, plus we are still to see his "replacement" that was said to be lined up

As for Carle he will be in the Prem long before we do pretty much without doubt.

I'll get me tin hat!!

How can you disagree with someone when you don't have the same details to hand that he does? For all you know he may have information on Carle that is not in the public domain, will never be in the public domain which made his sale an imperative or at the very least desirable.

Personally I agree with other people and totally disagree with GJ on this.

Carle was getting better with time, but the last few games of the season he was really beginning to show his ability, unfortunately at the start of his time at City, he was pushed around positions and had the major concern of settling into a new club but most importantly a whole new City and Country, off the field there would have been problems which unfortunately and unintentially would have affected his football, but GJ took a quick small profit and moved him on.

Personally I think GJ has totally cocked up on this one, plus we are still to see his "replacement" that was said to be lined up

As for Carle he will be in the Prem long before we do pretty much without doubt.

Luckily a professional is in charge of the club that doesn't make decisions based on what he sees from the terraces or reads on internet forums.

I agree with Matt BCFC's words on this.

If the Meteb deal falls through it is not anyone's fault at our club. And if the Mifsud deal falls through it is because we exercised sensible financial restraint. Overpaying would leave us in a poor situation financially and would potentially cause problems with other players. We have a management team now who seem to exercise some solid controls and principles and if this means that us fans have to be frustrated from time to time, then we'll just have to deal with it. There are probably loads of deals that never come to anything that we don't hear about. On this ocassion Coverntry forced us to anounce it following their announcement.

Gj will come good, although I admit it does look very worrying at the moment.

Some pretty salient points on the financial side. We have an affordable budget and have to stick to it. It's better to be honest about that and accept that, in the absence of big new investment, that will put a potential ceiling on our ambitions.

Seems Meteb accepted terms within our wage structure whereas Mifsud hasn't (yet). However all this raises a PR issue in that it's probably not a good idea to promise "exciting signings" as Gary did and raise expectations unless you're pretty certain you can deliver. Justifiably or not people will be disappointed if no such thing happens and we start the season on a negative note. It's always better to under-promise and over-deliver I think.

Some pretty salient points on the financial side. We have an affordable budget and have to stick to it. It's better to be honest about that and accept that, in the absence of big new investment, that will put a potential ceiling on our ambitions.

Seems Meteb accepted terms within our wage structure whereas Mifsud hasn't (yet). However all this raises a PR issue in that it's probably not a good idea to promise "exciting signings" as Gary did and raise expectations unless you're pretty certain you can deliver. Justifiably or not people will be disappointed if no such thing happens and we start the season on a negative note. It's always better to under-promise and over-deliver I think.

Perhaps it shows that the club's policy on not going public on transfers until the ink is dry on a contract is possibly the right one.

They only went public on Mifsud after the story broke on Coventry's official site. Had they not broke the story and terms could not be agreed then we would have been none the wiser. As it is mass hysteria is threatening to take over the forum just like it did with the Meteb deal (or no deal!!).

Totally agree. And further more to Mr Frenchred, to prove I'm not a the ass kisser you think, I made a very similar point on another thread this very morning. The 'exciting' signings have not arrived. Yet.

Oh by the way - the big surprises for me on Carle was that 1. He was our biggest earner "by some way" and 2. GJ was after Williams since start of year and considers him "a better player than Carle".

Perhaps it shows that the club's policy on not going public on transfers until the ink is dry on a contract is possibly the right one.

They only went public on Mifsud after the story broke on Coventry's official site. Had they not broke the story and terms could not be agreed then we would have been none the wiser. As it is mass hysteria is threatening to take over the forum just like it did with the Meteb deal (or no deal!!).

Absolutely, and I support it. My point is about managing fans' expectations so they feel positive about the eventual outcome, as Gary usually does. Make statements about adding one or two where possible, no big promises, then if a couple of unexpectedly exciting signings turn up everybody (well almost) is chuffed.

be a right pain if we ended up with neither of them.

Plummer will be lacing his boots as we speak.

Don't know aout Plummer, but I'm polishing and lacing my Stylo Matchmakers as we speak!

GJ was after Williams since start of year and considers him "a better player than Carle".

Williams is a different sort of player to Carle, surely, and has a different role in the squad earmarked.

I thought GJ said he already had a replacement lined up for Carle and that Williams was an unrelated opportunistic signing.

On that basis I'm still waiting for Carle's direct replacement.

bored now SO I WILL JUST SAY I AM AVAILABLE PROS 1 NO SIGNING ON FEE 2 NO OTHER CLUB INVOLVED 3 LOW WAGE DEMANDS CONS 1 I AM 34 2 I HAVE A DODGY KNEE 3 I MAKE TRUNDLE LOOK SLIM 4 I NEED 15 CHANCES TO SCORE 1 SO THERE YOU GJ ANOTHER OPTION

Funny I was expecting something like this, I almost posted this yesterday (but got distracted) that Mifsud could have seen himself as a prime position for negotiations. If Mifsud had done his homework, with all this speculation about Emad it made the club look desperate for him so Mifsud was in the driving seat. This obviously may have nothing to do with a deal that may or may not be in jeopardy, was just my thinking yesterday then read this today so I did not feel too surprised.

Funny I was expecting something like this, I almost posted this yesterday (but got distracted) that Mifsud could have seen himself as a prime position for negotiations. If Mifsud had done his homework, with all this speculation about Emad it made the club look desperate for him so Mifsud was in the driving seat. This obviously may have nothing to do with a deal that may or may not be in jeopardy, was just my thinking yesterday then read this today so I did not feel too surprised.

Lets look at the facts....

GJ has stated Meteb is his NO.1 target.

GJ obviously rates Mifsud as 2nd choice

GJ thinks 'right I'll stick a bid in for Mifsud' then sits back and waits...and waits, till the Egyptians clock whats going on and come grovelling back. GJ waits a bit more....makes Mifsud an offer he knows he can better. GJ waits a bit more, stewed Egyptian anyone...?

Time....! Take them out the oven and serve to a crowd of hungry Bristolians. BCFC fans go mad, Egyptians get their money, Meteb gets his dream move. Forget about the fuss in the middle. Now where's me Fez....fez-emoticon.gif

GJ thinks 'right I'll stick a bid in for Mifsud' then sits back and waits...and waits, till the Egyptians clock whats going on and come grovelling back. GJ waits a bit more....makes Mifsud an offer he knows he can better. GJ waits a bit more, stewed Egyptian anyone...?

Time....! Take them out the oven and serve to a crowd of hungry Bristolians. BCFC fans go mad, Egyptians get their money, Meteb gets his dream move. Forget about the fuss in the middle. Now where's me Fez....fez-emoticon.gif

Opinion or Knowledge?

Like it, several master strokes in there by GJ.

I'm confident Emad will come and us City fans who have been teetering on the edge for weeks will finally go completely bonkers. :winner_third_h4h::bonkers:

I was disappointed that Carle was sold.

His fitness levels and stamina were understandably low considering he hadn't played for 3 months before joining us so he had a slow start.

He showed his talent towards the end of the season, and I was looking forward to seeing him this season after a full pre-season under his belt.

His stats were very poor, I don't think anyone could disagree with that, but was he given enough time to improve ?

Only GJ and his staff know that, it they felt they couldn't get anymore out of him then he had to go as he wasn't contributing enough - given the amount of money offered for him.

Shame, I thought a bit more time was in order.

Most of the reports I've read about Williams from Ipswich fans say that he is one of the best in the championship and I know that GJ rates him highly, so if that is true then GJ has carried out a good bit of business all round.

Time will tell.

exactly my view.........he was brought in mid-season lacking in fitness and was thrown into the team, think majority of people felt that the best of Carle would be seen for the coming season, but there was enough glimpes to see that he had the potential to be the best player at the club, once LJ got injured he really began to show his ability.

instead of moving on to the next level with us, he's been sold for one I personally feel is a measly profit and has yet to be replaced (GJ did say that Williams is not a replacement for Carle)

It's interesting that he felt that Carle didn't "so say" tick GJ's box's and yet certain other players at the club are still here and have even been given New Contract despite doing less in a longer spell.

Archived