IGNORED

Mifsud Deal Now Off?

Dazy07

just because he has done well in the past......doesn't mean we can't question what he does in the present/future.

or are we just suppose to be a bunch of clones that agree with everything that he says/does?

But your not happy and you have not even seen our team play yet without Nick carle, I will choose to wait and see how we perform without him and then decide if i think GJ was right or wrong. I trust him because up to now he has completley transformed our club in the space of 2 years.

Quite possibly Gary J reads opinions from fans, including on here, and elected not to say an awful lot. He possibly took this view because criticism of him over his silence is likely to be a lot less than if he spoke out. There may also have been a gentleman's agreement between him and Carle to keep the reasons private.

If he feels Carle is not up to the mark then that is good enough for me and, according to my straw poll, over 92% of fans out of 41 votes so far feel the same..

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=102457

So there you go bh_red. 92%. Fairly overwhelming really. Still as I agree, its a game of opinions.

Although I may have called you a Colin, I am big enough to accept you have an opinion. You seem incapable of doing the same to anyone else on here.

Quite possibly Gary J reads opinions from fans, including on here, and elected not to say an awful lot. He possibly took this view because criticism of him over his silence is likely to be a lot less than if he spoke out. There may also have been a gentleman's agreement between him and Carle to keep the reasons private.

If he feels Carle is not up to the mark then that is good enough for me and, according to my straw poll, over 92% of fans out of 41 votes so far feel the same.. that may edge down a tad now if you choose to vote against.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=102457

92% maybe, but that's taking it totally out of context and isn't directly related to Nick Carle, but whether we trust Gary Johnson.

From the Very start back to when he was at Yeovil I've been a HUGE Gary Johnson fan and to say I was delighted when he took over as manager is an understatement, In General since he's been here I've been 100% behind him, including during the losing run when I was one of the few to defend him for the sake of the long term future, and in 100% of things that Gary has done at City in the past you could understand the reasoning as to why he has done it.

However this Carle transfer has just totally left be baffled and lost for words and is something I totally disagree on, personally speaking I felt Carle was head and shoulder technically better than anyone else at the club and felt it wouldn't be long until he moved on, but for him then to leave so soon and to a contender in Palace..........disapointing in the slightest

just because he has done well in the past......doesn't mean we can't question what he does in the present/future.

or are we just suppose to be a bunch of clones that agree with everything that he says/does?

It's July 25th and the window closes on the 31st of August, and people have gone totally crazy. I assume it's a combination of sun and cider that makes people utterly OTT. Everyone's entitled to their opinions of course, just these opinions seem so extreme when there's so long to go regarding this window.

I'd like 2 strikers and a defender and a midfielder now as would our manager, but I trust the manager who i have every reason to trust to get it done. And it's not as if we haven't already got a decent base of players to work from anyway, we're not desperate, we can afford to be patient and go get the right people.

City waiting for Mifsud to agree to terms doesent seem hes happy with the salery my informant told me :pray: he signs

what do you think you are doing bringing up mifsud's name in a nick carle thread?.....

what?.... oh sorry my mistake :whistle:

It's July 25th and the window closes on the 31st of August, and people have gone totally crazy. I assume it's a combination of sun and cider that makes people utterly OTT. Everyone's entitled to their opinions of course, just these opinions seem so extreme when there's so long to go regarding this window.

I'd like 2 strikers and a defender and a midfielder now as would our manager, but I trust the manager who i have every reason to trust to get it done. And it's not as if we haven't already got a decent base of players to work from anyway, we're not desperate, we can afford to be patient and go get the right people.

i agree we have a good team trundle and adebola brooker thin we only need one more striker and a centerback

maybe but we will have played a number of games and possibly dropped a number of points by them no doubt due to lack of goals..........Meteb has been going on since 16th June and still nothing is officall, as for other players there seems to be no movement.

at the moment it seems that we just seem to have wasted the summer with a lack of action.

i agree we have a good team trundle and adebola brooker thin we only need one more striker and a centerback

Even Gary says we need two strikers.

But i'm confident we'll get them who they are. When has GJ failed to sign a player in a position we needed?

City waiting for Mifsud to agree to terms doesent seem hes happy with the salery my informant told me :pray: he signs

Mate , not being funny, but that news is all over the radio and the Evil Post ?!

Hope your informant doesnt happen to be Andy Stockhausen - cause he got the rumour from here in the first place.

In other words - you are duplicating what we already know bud.

Buy a packet of 12 tunnocks.. the unit cost is then peanuts. blows the curly wurly price for six and tastes better for the bargain. job done.

Like your thinking..in fact, maybe we could introduce the possibility of several tunnocks bars and pull back a bit on the cheese and onion - but only for a signature on the dotted line - with no returns to the midlands (or anywhere else) not now, not never :nono:

See, I was straight in there exposing my puffins with totally inadequate thought as to the repercussions - knew I wasn't cut out for football management :unsure:

Mate , not being funny, but that news is all over the radio and the Evil Post ?!

Hope your informant doesnt happen to be Andy Stockhausen - cause he got the rumour from here in the first place.

In other words - you are duplicating what we already know bud.

i know i relised after i posted it :doh:

maybe but we will have played a number of games and possibly dropped a number of points by them no doubt due to lack of goals..........Meteb has been going on since 16th June and still nothing is officall, as for other players there seems to be no movement.

at the moment it seems that we just seem to have wasted the summer with a lack of action.

Well how else do you lose points if not by lack of goals? :laugh:

What you don't know can't hurt you as the saying goes, there will never be anything official from BCFC and if people haven't learnt why that's an amazing thing after Metebgate they never will.

So when people say "as for other players there seems to be no movement" I can't help but laugh. When we sign a player we'll get told, but there's dealings going on all day. Meteb's non transfer shows why we don't and shouldn't know. If Mifsud goes the same way it only highlights it once more.

And after the season starts players find out if they're in the team or not, if they like their new manager and teammates. Alot of movement happens then.

obviosuly though the player was obviously rubbish hence why in his time here his value doubled in a few months, and against a manager he played 4 times against, he impressed him enough to gain a move to a bigger club.

And that's about a player not signed in July or even August but in JANUARY.

Plenty of time for signings.

Ah he's quoting yesterdays EP, before the story moved on.

Mifsud will give you some entertainment. He is lightning fast. But, unlike some of the posts on this site suggest, he will not be missed. His first touch is poor and he is sussed out by defenders. I think you will be disappointed once his honeymoon period is over.

If you look at his playing history it becomes evident that he is like this at all his clubs. Coventry has been his best so far. Pity he was so poor after his WBA sending off and the rest of the season.

Coventry fans will not miss him now whereas 8 months ago he was irreplaceable.

92% maybe, but that's taking it totally out of context and isn't directly related to Nick Carle, but whether we trust Gary Johnson.

From the Very start back to when he was at Yeovil I've been a HUGE Gary Johnson fan and to say I was delighted when he took over as manager is an understatement, In General since he's been here I've been 100% behind him, including during the losing run when I was one of the few to defend him for the sake of the long term future, and in 100% of things that Gary has done at City in the past you could understand the reasoning as to why he has done it.

However this Carle transfer has just totally left be baffled and lost for words and is something I totally disagree on, personally speaking I felt Carle was head and shoulder technically better than anyone else at the club and felt it wouldn't be long until he moved on, but for him then to leave so soon and to a contender in Palace..........disapointing in the slightest

It has baffled a lot of people me included. My main point was that he must have his reasons for not revealing much information. As much as this clearly frustrates you we should perhaps accept we cannot know every minutae of detail that goes on at the club or over transfers. This 'silence', remember, may not be entirely of GJ's making.

The Poll was to re-affirm that we trust GJ to do the right thing so in that regard it was entirely IN the right context.

what do you think you are doing bringing up mifsud's name in a nick carle thread?.....

what?.... oh sorry my mistake :whistle:

It's what? And there's me thinking it was an Emad thread hijacked by the Nick Carle society. I just can't keep up with it all!

It's what? And there's me thinking it was an Emad thread hijacked by the Nick Carle society. I just can't keep up with it all!

LOUIS CAREY FOREVER. we love him. come on Louis give us your best season ever. About time you performed better than the top 1% in the league. :noexpression:

We don't talk about you much but we still rate you as the best in the league.. you just need to get better. not much to ask. :tumbleweed:

LOUIS CAREY FOREVER. we love him. come on Louis give us your best season ever. About time you performed better than the top 1% in the league. :noexpression:

We don't talk about you much but we still rate you as the best in the league.. you just need to get better. not much to ask. :tumbleweed:

Carey had a great season i thought or am i the only one

I don't think it is sun or cider but our club's inability to sign strikers.This is not just at the moment but we seem unable to get a 15 - 20 goal a year striker.Gj has worked miracles to get us up with such a poor strike force and then to get to the playoffs with a leading scorer scoring 8 goals.But how long can we keep this up.We have been told of targets but have spent all the close season in an Egyptian farce.Then we line what looks like a cracking signing in Mifsud who now looks like he won't be coming.We don't want to be held to ransom but maybe sometimes we need to go that extra mile ,which in transfers we never seem prepared to do.

As for the line there is a long time to go until the window closes , the season starts in 2 weeks.As targets keep failing to materialise we can't just keep on saying there is ages to go because there isn't .Come on GJ and Steve get it sorted and get Mifsud on board.

I'll keep mentioning there's lots of time to sign players until the final week of January.

If we're out of contention by the start of the Jan window then you can all go utterly mad and crazy about our signings and dealings and lack thereof. Until then, it's just negative speculation. I don't see why you want to do that, and i don't see how it helps.

We don't know about Mifsud's deal, I "think" that it's natural for it to take slightly longer seeming as he's handed in a transfer request to signing in less than 3 days or so including one day when our manager wasn't here!

I think that this season could be a defining one in the history of our club. Get through it unscathed and I believe we are a Championship or higher outfit for the longer term. However, if we fail to sign someone who can stick the ball in the back of the net and if that bit of luck all teams need goes against us then we really could be in for a very tough season.

Should that happen then I believe that Johnson will find that the honeymoon period he is experiencing from supporters who are happy in the main will be well and truly over. I believe there are a number of people who have had knives out for him from day 1 of his tenure (people who gave him stick over Stewart, Phillips etc.), there are also people who have had knives out for him since he tried to turn fans against each other (i.e. criticise those who leave early) and there are those who believe that his ego comes before the best interests of the football club. Now all of these people could well be wrong but they are still out there and they will be making plenty of noise should things go t1t$ up this season. Of that there is no doubt.

I agree fully that Johnson cannot be questioned at the moment on the basis that his record speaks for itself. But nobody managing a football club is immune from criticism in the long run and should the current (or perhaps I should say apparent as the people who have laid out good money during a credit crunch are not deemed worthy to be told anything) policy on transfer deals leave us short for the season then GJ has made his bed and he will have to lie in it in the same way that if he is proven to have got it right (again) then he should get all the plaudits (again).

I think that this season could be a defining one in the history of our club. Get through it unscathed and I believe we are a Championship or higher outfit for the longer term. However, if we fail to sign someone who can stick the ball in the back of the net and if that bit of luck all teams need goes against us then we really could be in for a very tough season.

Should that happen then I believe that Johnson will find that the honeymoon period he is experiencing from supporters who are happy in the main will be well and truly over. I believe there are a number of people who have had knives out for him from day 1 of his tenure (people who gave him stick over Stewart, Phillips etc.), there are also people who have had knives out for him since he tried to turn fans against each other (i.e. criticise those who leave early) and there are those who believe that his ego comes before the best interests of the football club. Now all of these people could well be wrong but they are still out there and they will be making plenty of noise should things go t1t$ up this season. Of that there is no doubt.

I agree fully that Johnson cannot be questioned at the moment on the basis that his record speaks for itself. But nobody managing a football club is immune from criticism in the long run and should the current (or perhaps I should say apparent as the people who have laid out good money during a credit crunch are not deemed worthy to be told anything) policy on transfer deals leave us short for the season then GJ has made his bed and he will have to lie in it in the same way that if he is proven to have got it right (again) then he should get all the plaudits (again).

Valid points I believe.

I simply believe when there is definitive news to tell us they will tell us. Until then the tabloids, bloggers and web site authors need to sell space and get higher up the search engines so they will write what they want, half truths, downright lies, rumours name it what you like. a lot of people tend to believe it, all of it. frankly, they should not.

Archived