IGNORED

Meteb Deal Dead - Offered New 2 Year Contact

old_man_terry

Deal is now offically dead according to the Players Agent, Basically he's now told City to do one

http://www.filgoal.com/english/News.asp?NewsID=45220

Emad Meteb has decided to stay at Ahli despite reports suggesting that Bristol City could rekindle their interest in him, the player’s agent said on Friday.

“Meteb took a final decision, he will remain an Ahli player regardless of Bristol’s stance,” Nader Shawki told FilGoal.com.

“Meteb has a great reputation in Africa for being a talented goalscorer. He refuses to be treated like that by Bristol officials.”

It looked as though the Egypt striker would complete a £1.5 million move to Bristol from Egyptian champions Ahli earlier this week.

However, Bristol have reportedly called off the deal following the striker’s participation in Ahli’s Champions League win over Zamalek.

The English Championship side then turned their attention to Coventry City frontman Michael Mifsud.

But Mifsud is yet to agree personal terms with Bristol, according to the Evening Post.

The report stated that should the deal fail, Bristol would try to resurrect their deal with Meteb. The 25-year-old is not willing to complete the switch anyway.

AND

http://www.filgoal.com/english/News.asp?NewsID=45233

Ahli are set to open talks with Emad Meteb regarding a contract extension after his move to Bristol City fell through, FilGoal.com understands.

Bristol agreed a £1.5 million deal with Ahli to sign the Egypt striker earlier this week but the English club suddenly reversed their decision to complete the move.

They were infuriated by Meteb’s participation in Ahli’s Champions League win over Zamalek last Sunday, just one day before he was due to link up with his new teammates.

Reports emerged recently that Bristol might be willing to resurrect the deal after they reportedly failed in their attempt to sign Malta striker Michael Mifsud from Coventry City.

However, Meteb decided to stay at Ahli regardless of Bristol’s stance.

Contract Extension

Ahli are keen to tie Meteb to a new deal. The 25-year-old’s current contract runs out next summer.

Meteb, who came through Ahli youth ranks, will earn EGP 2.5 million as an annual salary if he pens a new contract.

Meanwhile, Ahli technical staff is set to decide on Saturday whether to include Meteb in their plans for the Egyptian Super Cup against Zamalek on Sunday.

The player has missed Ahli training for the past couple of days due to a hamstring strain.

Two Weeks till start of New Season - STILL NO STRIKER!!!!

that website is not official, and that is old(ish) news

maybe not offical or right upto date, but it's more update than any other English website at the moment.

Unfortauntely throughout this entire transfer, there has been more info from Egypt than England.

considering the quotes from the players agent, I'll believing that over anything else that isn't being said locally........the silence from the offical site is damning.

Time to move on and consider other players I believe now.........how much again was it for Maynard?

maybe not offical or right upto date, but it's more update than any other English website at the moment.

Unfortauntely throughout this entire transfer, there has been more info from Egypt than England.

considering the quotes from the players agent, I'll believing that over anything else that isn't being said locally........the silence from the offical site is damning.

Time to move on and consider other players I believe now.........how much again was it for Maynard?

Agreed, now is the time to stick another bid in for Maynard before he goes to another club. At least the player should be happy with our wage structure? and a step up for him.

Looks like insane Player & Insane Agent fail to agree terms with Sane BCFC Manager, Chairman, Board and indeed supporters.

BCFC stuck to their guns, no bluff/counter bluff tactics entertained.

Preferring to stay within the insane confines of Egyptian/African football......good luck to them all, and good riddance !

Don't need their type in our Club & team structure.

Guest DR DICKNOSE
Today the tired suffer and not train with hamstring after sunday summit bad in controversy. But the tired for big summit with super cup on sunday ok will be and play after intollerant Johnson insult tired. Agent Emad "Johnson disrespect such player of big summits with bugger off, so tired take new offer with Ahly with EGP2.5m".

I think that just about sums it up.

What the **** is EGP2.5m worth? does anyone know? hamstring strain my ass the deals off the bloke is a pr*** his club al ahli or what ever there called are a bunch of incompetent ass wipes,the sooner we get away from this shower of sh** the better!!!

as you can tell this situation is really starting to get on my tits now!!!

well wound up...

city till i die.... :englandsmile4wf:

Nope but it would appear neither deals are dead just yet.

I think GJ is weighing up a decision.

Don't know what was he trying to prove by cutting all the channels of communication and saying nothing. If he eventually decides to call the player it may be too late.

GJ should know that if you want out, you should say you want out! Silence achieves nothing but confusing everyone.

Emad was offered an excellent deal today of about £250k per season. The purchasing power of that money in Egypt is phenomenal. To give you an indication, for the price of one liter of petrol in the UK you would be able to buy 10 liters of the same petrol in Egypt. I think given all that has happened, and the lucrative financial offer, and the pressure of those around him, Emad will stay with Ahly. Afterall, nobody else wants him at the time being.

He will take a fitness test tomorrow morning because he has not kicked a ball in 5 days. He is not injured, i saw him on tv running like an overexcited 10 yr old saying goodbye to the fans. There is nothing wrong with him. He probably spent the last few days sulking and waiting for a call that never came.

I look forward to this ordeal being over. Such a waste of everyone's time. Good luck to BCFC this season and remember that you did well last season without Met3eb or Mifsud.

Cheers

All this is turning into an absolute joke, If all thats quoted is true Metab and his club can get ######.

I really hope Mifsud will join us, I don't understand all this talk of he would of signed by now. Since when does a deal have to be done in a day after talks have begun??

i think the crux of the matter has been that one highlighted word ....

there has in fact been no INFORMATION from either club in either country,

what there has been are a lot of STORIES From Egypt, including a 'detailed' newspaper report that used the 'EVIL POST' as its reference source.

i don't think anything will happen or be reported before Monday,

so have a last go in the gardeg before your weekends are lost to the footy.

:englandsmile4wf:

Emad was offered an excellent deal today of about £250k per season. The purchasing power of that money in Egypt is phenomenal. To give you an indication, for the price of one liter of petrol in the UK you would be able to buy 10 liters of the same petrol in Egypt.

With the greatest respect (I have really valued your posts) the situation you describe above is because of the amount of tax which we pay on petrol in the UK. Also selling petrol at an equivalent price in Egypt has no commercial merit because I would guess it would mean a large % of the population could not even use a car.... just to correct the comparison about petrol.

Otherwise I think we all understand that Al Ahly can afford to keep the player but it is also true (though not believed in Egypt) that Bristol City can be a very rich club also, our owner is one of the 5-10 richest chairman in England (he has assets in his business which on day of sale went from £600million to £1billion) and if you include directors and benefactors we have 3 of the 100 richest people in English football.

Not many clubs (including top Premier League teams) can mention more than one rich director. The reason it isn't well known is we are operated like a business and do not simply throw money around, we also keep very quiet about our money, many of our transfer fees are not disclosed so that people cannot know our spending power, this is a great negotiating position.

Thank you again for all your information so far, I hope we can both recognise that we are talking about two big clubs on different scales, Ahly are the biggest richest club from your country, and we are a rich club in a much bigger football country, we are also the largest area in the UK without Premier League football and the richest, biggest and fastest growing city never to have recent Premier League football.

Good didnt want him anyway. Showed a serious lack of respect to the club an GJ. If hes doing things liek that now hes only going to get worse would be going AWOL constantly could see him doing what a fair few African players do an take a few weeks longer to get back from international games than he should.

We don't want people who think they are too good for this club an will jump ships at the first opportunity. Rather have Mifsud anyway atleast hes proven at this level. Meteb has done nothing against decent opposition lets be honest the Egyptian league is crap anyone who watch the Al Ahly v Zamalek game the other night could see that!

The reason it isn't well known is we are operated like a business and do not simply throw money around, we also keep very quiet about our money, many of our transfer fees are not disclosed so that people cannot know our spending power, this is a great negotiating position.

hmmmm... bit of a double negative there then.

We don't want people who think they are too good for this club an will jump ships at the first opportunity. Rather have Mifsud anyway

:dunno: Erm... isn't that exactly what Mifsud is doing at Coventry?!!! (and only for money too - the Meteb deal was clearly not money but ambition)

Guest Eamer

Starting to think my preseason prediction of winning the league might be a bit of a way off now... only three strikers, none who scored double figures last season and our only new signing is a player that is currently injured and has a history of injuries.

Starting to look like it might be the season where GJ will use the Youth Players... Plummer, Jennison, Artus and Ribeiro will finally get their chances if we aren't signing anyone.

How many days until the transfer window closes?

With the greatest respect (I have really valued your posts) the situation you describe above is because of the amount of tax which we pay on petrol in the UK. Also selling petrol at an equivalent price in Egypt has no commercial merit because I would guess it would mean a large % of the population could not even use a car.... just to correct the comparison about petrol.

Otherwise I think we all understand that Al Ahly can afford to keep the player but it is also true (though not believed in Egypt) that Bristol City can be a very rich club also, our owner is one of the 5-10 richest chairman in England (he has assets in his business which on day of sale went from £600million to £1billion) and if you include directors and benefactors we have 3 of the 100 richest people in English football.

Not many clubs (including top Premier League teams) can mention more than one rich director. The reason it isn't well known is we are operated like a business and do not simply throw money around, we also keep very quiet about our money, many of our transfer fees are not disclosed so that people cannot know our spending power, this is a great negotiating position.

Thank you again for all your information so far, I hope we can both recognise that we are talking about two big clubs on different scales, Ahly are the biggest richest club from your country, and we are a rich club in a much bigger football country, we are also the largest area in the UK without Premier League football and the richest, biggest and fastest growing city never to have recent Premier League football.

I would like to thank you for your reply, it has been good posting here and i felt that most people's remarks were mature and objective.

I live in the UK and i am well aware of the petrol situation, i was just clarifying that a smaller salary in other countries could carry more added value.

Nobody underestimated the size of your club, or claimed that it is a poor one. But they clearly have to invest more to get quality players. Why is the selection only confined to 2 strikers? BCFC should be acquiring the services of young and talented Africans and South Americans who will make the difference.

I recognise the size of my club and it is the biggest club of the African continent. I respect your team and hope BCFC can realise its Premier League potential. I will follow your team's progress this season and i honestly wish the club all the best.

Yep.

It's a shame he decided to play that game.

But if he's got such a good offer from Ahly, maybe he should really take the easy option and stay in the comfort zone - if that's what he wants.

But if he wants this deal to prove himself in Europe and go on to the Premier League, then maybe he should make a move to get the deal back on and earn a hell of a lot more than 250k pa in the process.

Cynic,

Met3eb really wanted to join BCFC. I can assure you that. In a couple of interviews he was asked how he feels that his striking partner is joining Wigan, he told the interviewer that he will take BCFC to the Premier League. He may or may not have committed a mistake, but no mistake about that he had the desire to join your team.

time is running out now, whoever we buy may not be ready to start the first game anyway as he will need time to gel etc.

I believe this deal is not dead yet, if it was City would have come out and said so a long time ago. but then again it doesn't look that promising as surely City would have brought him over by now if they still wanted him.

Starting to think my preseason prediction of winning the league might be a bit of a way off now... only three strikers, none who scored double figures last season and our only new signing is a player that is currently injured and has a history of injuries.

Starting to look like it might be the season where GJ will use the Youth Players... Plummer, Jennison, Artus and Ribeiro will finally get their chances if we aren't signing anyone.

How many days until the transfer window closes?

Well my pre season theory that we were going to finish 2nd is now out of the window.

I think it will be more like 12 to 15 now.

Oh well, it still beats being in League 1.

I would like to thank you for your reply, it has been good posting here and i felt that most people's remarks were mature and objective.

I live in the UK and i am well aware of the petrol situation, i was just clarifying that a smaller salary in other countries could carry more added value.

Nobody underestimated the size of your club, or claimed that it is a poor one. But they clearly have to invest more to get quality players. Why is the selection only confined to 2 strikers? BCFC should be acquiring the services of young and talented Africans and South Americans who will make the difference.

I recognise the size of my club and it is the biggest club of the African continent. I respect your team and hope BCFC can realise its Premier League potential. I will follow your team's progress this season and i honestly wish the club all the best.

WHY should we get young African and south America talent

I prefer it if we got young English talent :englandsmile4wf:

Archived