IGNORED

Cheltenham Town Fc Vs Bcfc

LocoPal

if we cant beat Cheltenham then we got no chance against the bigger clubs this season I'm very disapointed in City as a holl latley had a shit pre season and cant sign any qulity guss were just a small club after all :disapointed2se:

Hull lost 4-nil to Crewe.

Get back to reality. It means nothing.

I just like to point out that this is the pre-season for the 2008/09 season....2007/08 has nothing to do with the here and now.

I'm all for being surportive and optomistic but just pinning your hopes and what has gone on before is a little thin..in my view.

Sure we need a striker...no prizes..but it is the continual lack of chances being created for strikers (whoever they may be are to miss)..is the real problem. It is what cost us until the last four games...it cost us after the midfield re-hash at Wembley and it thus far is proving to be a problem. At the risk of sounding like a cracked record a creative central midfield partnership with Elliott is a big piece of the jigsaw that is missing.

Sigh.......... My point being that pre-season is not an indicator of how well or badly you'll do during the season. Why don't people "get" that point?

Sigh.......... My point being that pre-season is not an indicator of how well or badly you'll do during the season. Why don't people "get" that point?

Agreed that is why my posts have focused on reports of how City have played in general and not just results. If we all knew that we would all be down Corals loading up.

My only issue is that...last season was a fantastic achievement...no question...but it highlighted a number of weaknesses or arears for improvement. Not just my view but from the man at the top. I don't doubt all concerned are trying very hard to sort out the necessary...but I am concerned that whilst focus appears ( I say appears) that all the energy has been wasted on a couple of deals with suspect characters. I agree totally with GJs stance by the way...just think that the plug on the Egypt deal should have been pulled much sooner.

But one issue will not go away is that a very capable midfielder has gone but is yet to be replaced...I say yet becuase there is obviously still time. Fingers crossed.

How is williams doing any shots on target etc?

"Barely touched it to be fair so cant judge." He's been substituted.

Number 12 - Ribero (?) and Weale have been the most impressive.

2nd half has been much better.

"Barely touched it to be fair so cant judge." He's been substituted.

Number 12 - Ribero (?) and Weale have been the most impressive.

2nd half has been much better.

Looks like will have to wait and see with williams i have a good feeling about him :fingerscrossed:

By all accounts the City defence were terrible in the first half getting beat time and time again and only Weale saved them from a 3-0 or 4-0 half time deficit.

Ribeiro was probably the best of a poor bunch of defenders in the first half, Williams was steady but nothing spectacular, the other midfielders were just not at the races. Brooker tried hard (as he always does), Trundle was completely and absolutely useless.

2nd half was much better, especially up front with Adebola and Myrie-Williams (could have been Plummer, my source couldn't tell from afar).

So all in all ANOTHER average workout at best, desperately lacking a cutting edge and some midfield players to CREATE, I don't think the striker situation is the only problem we have.

Last thing, could anyone confirm that GJ was at the game as my mate couldn't see him.

A VERY disallusioned BCAGFC

Archived