IGNORED

Cheltenham Town Fc Vs Bcfc

LocoPal

Thought we looked really threatening when all the substitutes were made! Bit strange that our youngsters and reserves looked alot better than the starting team! Jenison took his penalty well and looked a real handfull with dele! Ribiero looked quality and hope he plays alot this season! Weale was immense and was unlucky to concede! Plummer played alright for the 20 minutes he was on. Didnt look weak like some people on here say! His pace could be a real asset this season!!

:englandsmile4wf:

Just to clarify if anybody is reading through this thread late. JMW came on at half time, not Plummer as was announced.

Mad moment with 20 mins to go when, i think 5, substitutions were made resulting in a very youthful team on the pitch, and it showed with their approach. It was refreshing to watch !!!!

As previously stated Weale was outstanding. Ribiero had a very good 35 mins in 1st half at CB.

PDG

Not a bad game last night-we struggled in the first half though and if it wasn't for Weale pulling off a few cracking saves then it wouldn't have been unjust to be a few goals down at half time. Brooker tried hard to get involved, Trundle struggled and the midfield didn't really boss the game. Was impressed with Ribeiro though he seemed more like a full back then a wing back with good ability on the ball and able to take it around opposing players. After the mazy run he was caught out at the back and their lad Vincent I think had a free run on goal....I was surprised they didn't try Fontaine in the middle and Ribeiro at left back.

Adebola looked really threatening as did the team as a whole in the second half when a few changes were made. Myrie-Williams looked lively but wouldn't quite say he looks likely to solve our 'striker crisis' on the basis of that performance alone. Noble tried to get involved when he came on and Betsy, other than almost decapiting Alex Russell when he came on, did nothing of note. Williams did the basics ok and other than one fancy piece of footwork did nothing more than just go through the motions(but I'd expect that with his lack of match fitness). The defending was pretty awful from us in the first half with Louis not at his best and Vincent and co giving them a bit of a run around at times. I'm sure on Friday with places up for grabs, the last chance to impress, and with us playing at Ashton Gate, we'll see a much improved performance. Saying that I'm just glad to be able to watch football again after a long summer without football!!!

Good god man, it's only a friendly; go and watch last season's dvd review at once - just to refresh your memory!

Whhoooo, and watch the 50 goals in 90 odd games.....we need a MINIMUM of 1 striker and at least 1 CREATIVE midfielder asap.

As for 'it's just a friendly', we are only 10 days away from the start of what is going to be an even more competitive Championship season, players should be 100% fit by now and we should be starting to play CLOSE to our potential...WE ARE NOT unless the recent couple of performances are close to our full potential.

Later friendlies should be treated the same as a league game, players don't go training and then say 'I won't train properley as it isn't a game'.

BCAGFC

I'd hate to be a City player in the dressing room at half time.

Johnson will be in a foul mood re Mifsud and given the fact Cheltenham seem good value for their 1-0 lead, those players are going to get both barrels rammed up their jacksies and the trigger pulled.

When I was playing , all we got at half time was a up of tea and half an orange!

Archived