IGNORED

Best City Goal

kelbcfc

To change the subject from all this doom and gloom i would like to hear your opinion on the best city goal you have seen.

Ive seen hundreds in my time from great former city stars including walshy,john galley,jimmy mann,andy cole,bob taylor etc,rtc,etc.

my favourite though has to be louie donahue(spelling) against the rabble from across town when he kissed the ball over the line to end years of heartache.

just remembered another one,when chris garland got on his hands and knees and headed the ball into the net at the tote end.(for most of the forum readers who don't know,that was the rovers end at eastville)

over to you.

:city::city::city:

I'd have to say either Soren Andersons goal against sunderland or Lita's overhead kick in front of the Atyeo.

Although Matt Hills goal where he brought it out of defence and ran almost the length of the pitch was quality too. - no idea who that was against though.

I'd have to say either Soren Andersons goal against sunderland

I agree with you. That was the most outrageous game Ive ever seen. Sunderland should have won the game by about 5 goals. Keith Welch was immense, tipping everything on to the bar or the post...they hit the woodwork about 6 times.

Sweetly taken finish as well.

1. Bob Taylor, overhead kick vs Birmingham, c.1990

2. Rob Newman, thunderous volley vs Newport, c. 1986 (especially as my Economics teacher was in the Newport end)

3. Ralph Milne vs Bury, late 80s, ran onto a long cross from Alan Walsh and lobbed it over the keeper from the edge of the box

4. Gary Neville's injury time winner vs Hereford, FRT semi, 1986

5. The goal I score at Wembley to win the FA cup for the lads with a 35 yard screamer in the last minute against ManUre :winner_third_h4h:

So many excellent goals I have too say I think the goal I laughed most about was boom boom's overhead against Hull this season...I laughed because I couldn't believe who scored it plus it was also an excellent finish!

Not the 'best' goal - but Donowa, last minute against the Gash can't be beaten for sheer drama.

Must have been around March 1991? Leaning had saved a pen from Hollowhead with about 15 mins to go too to make it even sweeter. Can still remember the view from the East End as Louie slotted it home and ran off to celebrate in front of a packed open end with Super Bob. Three sides of the ground erupting, one silent. Getting a bit emotional just thinking about it!

Happy days!

Brian Tinnion's volly against Cambridge on new years day about 6/7 years ago.

Ah yes. Free kick on the edge of the area, Beadle flicks it up and Tinnion smashes the volley in to the back of the net. I believe we scored six that game and didn't their 'keeper (forget his name, he was a bit on the mental side and had long hair...) got sent off. Unless my memory deceives me.

Just a couple of that I remember for being absolute belters:

1 - David Seal vs Colchester (some cup competition) Hit it from miles out and it flew in to the top corner.

2 - Matt Bryant vs cant remember - possibly the hardest shot ive ever seen from midway inside the half, top corner and keeper absolutely no chance - anyone remember who that was against??

CTID

Ah yes. Free kick on the edge of the area, Beadle flicks it up and Tinnion smashes the volley in to the back of the net. I believe we scored six that game and didn't their 'keeper (forget his name, he was a bit on the mental side and had long hair...) got sent off. Unless my memory deceives me.

Was it Lionel Perez? French keeper that used to play for Sunderland?

Ago's goal against the sags in that match when they invaded our pitch when Jeremy Beadle scored last minute

Dave Seals brace against the sags at Trumpton welcome to hell my a*se

Junior Bent against St Albans in the fa cup the only time i saw him score in memory

Christian Roberts against the monkey hangers was so lucky to even be at the match hunted high and low for a ticket mate in work at the time had a spare sold it me at face value Atyeo was rocking

P.S my mum always harps on about Ray Cashley and the night she saw him score from his own box

One that always sticks in my mind was Tony Rougier away at Barnsley a few years ago. He wasnt the quickest player by any imagination but remember him getting the ball on half way line and literally taking on the entire team to score.

Other memorable moments include Lita's hattrick (which no-one could see!!) against Torquay and probably for those lucky enough to be there........Roberts 5th City goal against Hereford when we won 5-4 and scored 3 times in last 10 mins if I'm not mistaken.

Junior Bent against St Albans in the fa cup the only time i saw him score in memory

Anyone remember the goal Junior scored at Swindle one year?

Early on in the season, ran from the half way line and tucked it away beautifully? Won 1-0, good times!

It's going back a long time but unquestionably the best goal of the last 40 years was scored by Jimmy Mann against Nottingham Forest (Shilton in goal) in ?September 1979. Beat two or three players and then hit it from 35 yards into the top corner. I can still remember the feeling of astonishment and disbelief at the time. I doubt anyone who was there will ever see a better goal.

Anyone remember Gerry Sweeneys lob/volley over Shilton down at the open end 79? 80? Always sticks in my mind probably more so because Shilton always got a lot of stick from us.

Milnes volley looked so special from the middle of the EE but not so on the tv replays later and what can i say about Garlands 'crowd pleaser' never could stay on his feet!!

Just a couple of that I remember for being absolute belters:

1 - David Seal vs Colchester (some cup competition) Hit it from miles out and it flew in to the top corner.

2 - Matt Bryant vs cant remember - possibly the hardest shot ive ever seen from midway inside the half, top corner and keeper absolutely no chance - anyone remember who that was against??

CTID

The Matt Bryant one was against Stoke, around Xmas in around 1996. F :noexpression: k me did he hit it hard. We played them again in the cup about 3 days later and their keeper got huge abuse along the lines of "Where were you when Bryant scored?".

Absolute class. Remember seeing it on the telly again, and thinking "F :disapointed2se: k me, if it weren't for the net that one would still be going." Get in.

Anyone remember the goal Junior scored at Swindle one year?

Early on in the season, ran from the half way line and tucked it away beautifully? Won 1-0, good times!

Dunno about 1-0, I recall him getting one in a crucial relegation battle against them, and we won 3-0? We had that Scottish fella on loan from Chelsea, Fleck, he'd been at Norwich before and scored 300, went to chelsea for about £5M and did sweet FA. Anyway, he scored his first goal in 18 months in front of the City fans and nearly burst into tears he was so emotional.

And it p1ssed it down all game.

I was in shock when Junior actually tucked it away.

Was that a crucial relegation battle, and we won 3-0? We had that Scottish fella on loan from Chelsea, Fleck, he'd been at Norwich before and scored 300, went to chelsea for about £5M and did sweet FA. Anyway, he scored his first goal in 18 months in front of the City fans and nearly burst into tears he was so emotional.

No, the Junior goal was at Swindon, def early season as I couldn't go because I was playing cricket.

Remember the game you're on about though. Rumours going round work on the Friday that we had signed McCoist on loan, turned out to be Fleck. Wasn't a bad signing in the scheme of things! P1ssed down all game, and sat next to a Swindon mate who I'd never seen so quiet before - or since! Wasn't it on a Sunday, live on HTV?

Dunno about 1-0, I recall him getting one in a crucial relegation battle against them, and we won 3-0? We had that Scottish fella on loan from Chelsea, Fleck, he'd been at Norwich before and scored 300, went to chelsea for about £5M and did sweet FA. Anyway, he scored his first goal in 18 months in front of the City fans and nearly burst into tears he was so emotional.

I think the Junior goal that is being talked about is the one he scored in the 1-0 victory at Swindon on 2 September 1990, our first season back in the then 2nd Division after promotion. The ball was hoofed clear from our penalty area late in the game by, of all people, Bob Taylor, and Junior ran on to it and ran the rest of the length of the field with only the goalkeeper to beat and slotted it home.

Not the best goal of 'modern times' though. If you ask me, that honour goes to Tony Thorpe's headed goal after Aaron Brown's 80 year run and cross, against the Gas at Christmas 2000, live on Sky TV!

I think the Junior goal that is being talked about is the one he scored in the 1-0 victory at Swindon on 2 September 1990, our first season back in the then 2nd Division after promotion. The ball was hoofed clear from our penalty area late in the game by, of all people, Bob Taylor, and Junior ran on to it and ran the rest of the length of the field with only the goalkeeper to beat and slotted it home.

That's the one I'm on about!

No, the Junior goal was at Swindon, def early season as I couldn't go because I was playing cricket.

Remember the game you're on about though. Rumours going round work on the Friday that we had signed McCoist on loan, turned out to be Fleck. Wasn't a bad signing in the scheme of things! P1ssed down all game, and sat next to a Swindon mate who I'd never seen so quiet before - or since! Wasn't it on a Sunday, live on HTV?

Hmmm...think it was an evening game, it was dark, dunno about live on HTV, I was living in Oxford at the time

But rain it did...Fleck did OK, looked class but short on confidence. I think Bryant got the other with a header from a FK. Fairly sure we sent Swindle down.

You know what this means though - confirmed sightings of at least 3 Junior goals!!!!!!!

Archived