IGNORED

Poor Attendances

westy

the reason I am surprised is that I believe in the 4 year plan and that SL wants us to be a big club therefore looking back at figures we are doing well but that is not the point looking forward and the potential of BCFC I suppose I had expected more of the potential market of BC fans to attend maybe I'm wrong to be surprised but surely these figures are important discussions in the board room and will dictate future growth & investment plans.

But Steve isn't stupid......he knows that Cup games aren't well attended in general, they could have dropped to the price to £5 each for all and it wouldn't have broke 10k and it's unlikey that those figures will even be taken into consideration, the overall league attendances are what actually matters.

League Cup games nearly always make a loss in attendances until the later rounds, it's a near on pointless tournement unless your in the prem and it's your only really route into europe

It was 2000 higher than the game v Barnet a couple of seasons ago and for older fans who remember 82-83 higher than the average attendance for league games.

I am going to stay happy!! - I know all the figures are good only have to look at ST's but just feel after the big rise in profile there would have been more interest.

Come on GJ get them to do another lap of the field and try a bit harder cos we want more for our cash.

Planning and budgeting - SL already knows not to make any allowance for revenue from League and FA cups - lessons learned? don't question people's loyalty or motivation to the club after lower league opposition are visiting or friendlies - you may live just around the corner but for others it is a trip to another country with no ###### trains back.

Got kids and a family yourself have you ? What about us who don't live in Bristol and have to travel as well , makes us no less of a fan .... may i ask did you bother with Palace away and all those other pain in the backside journeys last season ?

No kids, but that doesn't mean I have to watch the cash situation any less than anyone else. And it's not a question of being less of a fan. I never said that. Although the cynics among us might possibly argue that a true fan would make the effort to attend lesser games such as the game last night, as well as the "glory" games such as the play off semi final....

Yes, I did go to Palace away, and Blackpool last week by the way.

I also thought it was a fairly poor attendance last night as was hoping there would be a few more, but as usual it did look like there were more there than announced(in my opinion). By comparison though, Watford had a slightly smaller attendance 5574 with 291 Gas fans, so maybe just indicative of the lack of appeal the early rounds of the carling cup carry these days.

Its pretty obvious why the crowd was 5K last night, we were playing league 1 posh, it was first round of mickey mouse cup, it was a wet Tuesday night and theres a home game on Saturday, its still the summer holidays so people on holiday. How many more reasons do you need?

Last seasons success had made a big difference in terms of season ticket sales for the league games but you cant assume more people will turn up for the 1st round of the mickey mouse cup purely based on last seasons success. We are not suddenly a bigger club with more support.

I was disapointed with the attendence. After all it was the first chance to see the lads at AG this season which is why I went.

I know that the game was against lower league opposition which partly explains the low gate but if City draw a PL side in the next round at AG then you can expect a 15000+ gate.

Those who claim financial reasons for not going last night will suddenly have the cash availble to watch better quality opposition.

Expect "poor" attendances in the next round unless we get leeds utd as City are a seeded club its NOT possible for us to draw a premier league club until round 3.

Expect "poor" attendances in the next round unless we get leeds utd as City are a seeded club its NOT possible for us to draw a premier league club until round 3.

I didn't know that City would be seeded when I posted that earlier, but the same principle applies. The more attractive the opposition the higher the attendence.

Hmmm, Blackpool away and seeing Brooker score a 89th min winner or watching the Antwerp game Peterbororough games. No brainer for me really.

I do agree with you about League games but at the Antwerp game we (all bristol fans) were shown up by their support - it was amazing to see at AG.

In terms of interest the Antwerp game was first opportunity to see club record signing - and what a show he put on! But both games were a good opportunity to see the squad in action and just thought general interest would be higher.

Obviously friendlies and lower league opposition does not make for a marketable product.

The funny thing is Arsenal managed to fill up the emirates on almost consecutive days with a mickey mouse competition which I was amazed at - I know it's a different level of product but the principle is the same!

Come off it, it was £12 to get in.

If people are so skint they can't feed their kids, they should have thought about that before presumably forking out the best part of £500 for the season ticket...

Who mentioned ST holders not being able to feed there kids? Random :noexpression: Any how......

£12 to get in, people have to get there and back which also costs, I don't know if you have noticed but the price of Deisel/petrol isn't exactly cheap at the moment, then you have a few beers prior to the game etc etc.

More like £40 when all things considered. Which to a family with a mortgage and the other financial responsibilitys would be a lot of money for a 1st rnd tie against League 1 opposition.

When you grow up and get some responibilitys you'll understand. It so easy when you live at home with mummy and the money you earn is yours.

Do you or your side kick who started this thread have a Mortgage,Wife or Children? I have all three and trust me at the moment you have to watch the pennys very carefully.

I live in Gloucester. Yesterday i finished work at 7pm having started at 7am. Having negotiated the roadworks it would have taken me 20m to reach the M5, 35-40 minutes on the motorway (depending on driving conditions, which weren`t great ), onto the A4 and another 5 minutes to hotwells, 5-10 minutes walk to the ground ( in the rain ). I guess i could have been in my seat about 30 minutes after kick off. If it had been a CCC match i`d have knocked off work a little earlier, made my way to the ground as (legally) quickly as i could and been sat in my seat by 7.30 at the latest. BUT. It wasn`t was it ? Carling Cup 1st round against Peterborough, sorry, not for me thanks.

A pointless thread.

PDG

the reason I am surprised is that I believe in the 4 year plan and that SL wants us to be a big club therefore looking back at figures we are doing well but that is not the point looking forward and the potential of BCFC I suppose I had expected more of the potential market of BC fans to attend maybe I'm wrong to be surprised but surely these figures are important discussions in the board room and will dictate future growth & investment plans.

Are you lansdowne in diguise..........

You have some valid points westy but i think that alot people are put off by the weather last night hardly Summers night more like winter. I went to get a first look at the squad and the game was a poor one but we did win and that is the main thing. Keeping the winning habit.

As far as long term plans go to filling a 30k stadium or even 25k cos IMO it wont be 40k, because we would need 100 percent more fans i don't think it likely to happen.

In today's financial climate choices to have to made by everyone football is still regarded as a luxury. Everything has gone up in price recently by huge margins thats likely to affect evryone not just families but single people too. So 5.5K is a good crowd think it may have been nearer 7-8k had the weather been better. Once we have established ourselves as a championship team & possibly in the very near furture prem then the crowds will come. Most league games willl be close to sell out from the middle of the season onwards if not before.

Alot of people don't have bottomless pockets to be honest. After forking out however much on a season ticket, maybe a shirt and petrol to games you don't really want to add too much more to those massive costs.

Who mentioned ST holders not being able to feed there kids? Random :noexpression: Any how......

£12 to get in, people have to get there and back which also costs, I don't know if you have noticed but the price of Deisel/petrol isn't exactly cheap at the moment, then you have a few beers prior to the game etc etc.

More like £40 when all things considered. Which to a family with a mortgage and the other financial responsibilitys would be a lot of money for a 1st rnd tie against League 1 opposition.

When you grow up and get some responibilitys you'll understand. It so easy when you live at home with mummy and the money you earn is yours.

Do you or your side kick who started this thread have a Mortgage,Wife or Children? I have all three and trust me at the moment you have to watch the pennys very carefully.

For reference, I've no side kick here, just stating my opinion, which I thought was the point in this place. I have rent, petrol (for a car that does about 15mpg, sorry to any green people out there), a girlfriend with expensive taste and all of the financial commitments to go with all of those. I am also "grown up" and know how to spell responsibilities which maybe goes someway to explaining why I have a job that allows me to afford to do all of those things and still support my club.

That said, I take your point about it being more that just the cost of the ticket on the day, to be fair, I hadn't considered that...

In addition to that, I assume once we beat Crewe and are handed an away match at Liverpool etc. We'll struggle to sell our allocation on the basis it'll be £40 for the ticket, and with all of the associated costs surrounding a football match, you're looking at xxx amount??

Agree with you friend.

I have 3 kids and 2 of them like to attend the games with me, so fuel £££, my ticket £££ and x2 children ticket £££. It all mounts up and not all can afford this. I did go but not all can splash the cash. Think before you start a stupid thread, MR REAL FAN! :fastasleep:

For reference, I've no side kick here, just stating my opinion, which I thought was the point in this place. I have rent, petrol (for a car that does about 15mpg, sorry to any green people out there), a girlfriend with expensive taste and all of the financial commitments to go with all of those. I am also "grown up" and know how to spell responsibilities which maybe goes someway to explaining why I have a job that allows me to afford to do all of those things and still support my club.

That said, I take your point about it being more that just the cost of the ticket on the day, to be fair, I hadn't considered that...

You are a #### with that comment, can't believe you used the words "I am also GROWN UP" in the same sentence.

Oh and a Girlfriend does not cost more than 3 kids, you will soon learn this. Also I bet she works, most of our wives/girlfriends are at home looking after the kids.

Archived