IGNORED

We Should Sign Georgie Boyd

terjon

I thought Peterboroughs No: 10 last night Goerfie Boyd was outstanding, great touch and vision,

Would be agreat signing.

What do you think guys... :icecream:

Yeah, pure quality. Best player on the pitch last night. Got a very good future ahead of him.

Boyd definitely stood out last night. I was expecting more from Maclean but he did nothing of note over than blazing one shot over the bar. Boyd and the other winger really seemed to push forward and interchange so it was hard to see who were the wingers and who the strikers at times. In the first half they looked a really good footballing team. I thought their number 22 Sergio Torres looked half decent as well. Saying that once we stepped it up a bit in the second half they looked a bit more ordinary but on that showing they should do really well in League one this year.

Alright..

Peterborough fan here, please do not take Boyd away from us! You don't actually realise how much of a key player he is! Last night he really showed what he can do, and i'm proud to see him wearing our shirt. Amazing player.

I don't think us fans have any affect on who we sign and GJ would'nt sign anyone based on one game... What position does he play?? I don't think we need that type of player either - so don't worry, i cant see him coming to us...

Quality player though

You didnt go last night then mate..........or you are blind :disapointed2se:

ok....not good enough is maybe a bit harsh, just don't think he is significantly better than what we have (compared to McIndoe or any of our 1st 4 forwards) and if signed would be more "for cover" than a instant first team player, wouldn't represent good value for money at the moment either with a likely high price tag, just don't see the need to sign someone for possibly upto £1m "as cover"

Alright..

Peterborough fan here, please do not take Boyd away from us! You don't actually realise how much of a key player he is! Last night he really showed what he can do, and i'm proud to see him wearing our shirt. Amazing player.

don't worry about it mate, Georgie will be mad to join the inbred lot down ashton. If I was you I would be looking forward to the years ahead, Exiting times for you lot me thinks, with your new chairman, good young manager and some good young players. I have heard a lot about Boyd ,Maclean and Mckail-smith, How good are they?...Hows Josh Low been doing?

I don't think us fans have any affect on who we sign and GJ would'nt sign anyone based on one game... What position does he play?? I don't think we need that type of player either - so don't worry, i cant see him coming to us...

Quality player though

Haha, yeah i know. He's that much of a key player though, any rumours we hear or any fans we know who want their side to sign him, it makes us worry!

Normally a left winger, he seems to play really well there, although when we're loosing you'll sometimes see us go into a diamond midfield and he'll play behind the front two.

don't worry about it mate, Georgie will be mad to join the inbred lot down ashton. If I was you I would be looking forward to the years ahead, Exiting times for you lot me thinks, with your new chairman, good young manager and some good young players. I have heard a lot about Boyd ,Maclean and Mckail-smith, How good are they?...Hows Josh Low been doing?

Its all looking good for us yeah, hopefully we can build on a good performance last night. Boyd, McLean & Mackail-Smith are our main players, but McLean obviously is getting all the rave reviews because of his 33 goals last year. All good in what they bring to the team..

Josh Low is pants. He's on the transfer list and sitting with the reserves. He's not good enough for League One but he's happy sitting here and picking up a pay check it would seem!

Taxi!

Its all looking good for us yeah, hopefully we can build on a good performance last night. Boyd, McLean & Mackail-Smith are our main players, but McLean obviously is getting all the rave reviews because of his 33 goals last year. All good in what they bring to the team..

Josh Low is pants. He's on the transfer list and sitting with the reserves. He's not good enough for League One but he's happy sitting here and picking up a pay check it would seem!

JOSH LOW.......how the hell is that bloke still a professional footballer.....

yeah Josh Low was absolutely shite for us a decade ago, but he has made a career for himself which is not what I expected.

Any plans for a new stadium?....cause London Road is almost as bad as the mem!!!!!

Where do you reckon you will finish this season?....I was adamant we would finish in the top six this year but after our last 2 performances theres no chance of that happening.

JOSH LOW.......how the hell is that bloke still a professional footballer.....

I've been wondering that since the minute i saw him play! Liam Hatch is another player we have who should really take up another profession!

yeah Josh Low was absolutely shite for us a decade ago, but he has made a career for himself which is not what I expected.

Any plans for a new stadium?....cause London Road is almost as bad as the mem!!!!!

Where do you reckon you will finish this season?....I was adamant we would finish in the top six this year but after our last 2 performances theres no chance of that happening.

He's just sitting picking up his wages, cause hes on CCC wages (Barry Frys fault) so hes content. Wish he'd politely leave though.

We're in talks with the council about a location, Darragh wants to build a 20,000 all seater, obviously somewhere which can be extended as he has a dream of Premier League football!

What happened with your new one anyway?

This season, hmmm, Southend was a reality check, we played crap, but last night we were alright so i'll be ambitious and say 6th or 7th.

London rd is nowhere near as bad as the cabbage patch you call the mem.

Where do you reckon you will finish this season?....I was adamant we would finish in the top six this year but after our last 2 performances there's no chance of that happening.

You have absolutely zero chance of finishing anywhere near the top 6. You got more chance of finishing in the bottom 6. You couldn't even beat Watford Reserves. That sort of indicates how far you are behind us now. Enjoy league two wont you.

I also thought boyd was qaulity last night, he faded in the second half but was still class.

However he might be good but if aaron mcclean is anything to go by peterbrough will be asking silly money for him.

They would want at least 2.5 mill probably more, i mean there chairman wanted 5 mill for mclean!!

Boyd is a class act and would be a great addition for us. I recommended him on here when he was playing for Stevenage about two years ago as one to watch after seeing him play against FGR a few years back. Only cost £200k as well I think! :doh:

I thought boyd was excellent last nite along with the left full back (sorry don't know his name) and from what I saw wolves tried to sign the wrong striker, Mackail-Smith was certainly the more dangerous of the pair and didn't stop running all evening

Peterborough are a good side, but it takes more than the lionshare of possession to beat our side, even on an off-day.

I thought Boyd was class, and McCain-Oven-Chips or whatever his name is was pretty good too; strong, enthusiastic and tons of energy.

Peterborough are a good side, but it takes more than the lionshare of possession to beat our side, even on an off-day.

I thought Boyd was class, and McCain-Oven-Chips or whatever his name is was pretty good too; strong, enthusiastic and tons of energy.

I thought G.Boyd and torres their number 10 had good games but its hard to tell if they played well or it was because we were so woeful.

They did look lively.

I would have liked to see us not play so many chipped balls in the final third last night seemed to let us down if we had kept on the floor a bit more we would have dominated the game. Easier said than done i know. Williams looked good so LJ and Mcindoe, wilson looked out of his depth.

One good game does not make a good player.

Look at Ivan...we probably signed him after a few good games for Hibbs.

Get real people

He is well known as a good player, not judging him on 1 game, you obviously don't know much about other teams players mate.

:disapointed2se:

I thought G.Boyd and torres their number 10 had good games but its hard to tell if they played well or it was because we were so woeful.

They did look lively.

I would have liked to see us not play so many chipped balls in the final third last night seemed to let us down if we had kept on the floor a bit more we would have dominated the game. Easier said than done i know. Williams looked good so LJ and Mcindoe, wilson looked out of his depth.

They'd be worth a scout. I think you could see their class by their first touch and athleticism, but that doesn't mean that they are consistent enough all-round performers for us.

ok....not good enough is maybe a bit harsh, just don't think he is significantly better than what we have (compared to McIndoe or any of our 1st 4 forwards) and if signed would be more "for cover" than a instant first team player, wouldn't represent good value for money at the moment either with a likely high price tag, just don't see the need to sign someone for possibly upto £1m "as cover"

Ever heard of Lee Trundle??? :worship2:

Archived