IGNORED

Your Personal Fav Players

Pickle Rick

Who are your favorite three players currently in our team and why, would be interesting to see whos got the majority and who is least mentioned.

Mine:

Carey no 1: The best player in the squad and most consistant IMO, Mr Bristol City and a role model for the club.

McIndoe no 2: Can make things happen, one of the hardest working players in the Championship, never gives up!

Brooker no 3: Although he's been injured a lot recently still for me one of the best players, a handful for defenders, high work rate also and has yet to show his very best yet for me. More to come from him regarding he stays fit!

No.1 Scott Murray - Very nice person and a good footballer when he gets the chance.

No.2 Michael McIndoe - My favourite player at the moment due to the fact I love how he brings the game to life and how he plays.

No.3 Adriano Basso - Amazing keeper, really dramatic but that's what makes him so good! Also I have a cracking picture with him (both pointing to the heavens!)

Personally . . .

in no particular order . . .

drum roll please . . .

1) Basso. Sums up our team spirit. We always believe . . .

2) Bradley. His turnaround from disgrace after Northampton game and jail spell, to making team of the year for the Championship sums up our turn around in fortunes. Interesting metaphor! Could have found himself out of the team but knuckled down. Always gives 100 %. All together now . . . "he's an Orr ..."

3) Can I have Gary Johnson? Er, no. Okay, close run thing between Elliot and Carey. Have to say Carey as he's been the driving force for the last 2 -3 years. Wants to win more than anything (or anyone) else. True inspiration.

Also, I have to add that this team has been a team in the true sense of the word and that I enjoy watching us perform as a unit (most of the time), so we're never going to have 3 or 4 good players and some hangers on. Long live GJ!

Lee Johnson - Gets a fair amount of abuse, but lets it go and gets on with his football. Not many pro's can work themselves up the football pyramid division by division. Good pro.

Lee Trundle - Similar to above. Can tell when he is playing he has the determination to succeed and do well for the team, don't see that in every player. Came good at the end of last season and unfortunately it came at the wrong time for him.

Carey - Solid player and a quality centre half. What more could you want than a passionate captain who loves the club?

For me its.....

1) Louis Carey: IMO best all round footballer we've got. Excellent captain and of course, a Bristolian. Superb servant to the club and genuine nice guy.

2) Michael Mcindoe: Hard working, aggressive but technically sound footballer. Like Carey, he works hard for the team and gives 100%. Also, I like how he speaks his mind when interviewed and wont hide from the truth. He is sorely missed when not playing.

3) Bradley Orr/Jamie Mcalister: Not easy to choose between the two, but I like both because although not the most technically gifted of footballers they always give their best for the club. They also sometimes take some unfair criticism on here when they make a mistake and when they do something good it more than often gets overlooked.

Not forgetting, Bradleys emoticional interview on SKY when he got sent off against Northampton for fighting with Carey. He cares a lot about the club.

1) Michael Mcindoe - scores, creates, tackles and runs his socks off. Pure class, always gives 100% and wears his heart on his sleeve. Why is this guy not in the Scotland team?

2) Louis Carey - a leader and a class defender. Team is far less organised without him in it.

3) Basso - talismanic figure and a great goalkeeper. He is most responsible for the 'Always Believe' mentality that has given the club such a feeling of togetherness.

More important than any of the above though - Gary Johnson - we are very lucky to have him.

1) Marvin Elliott - Hard working midfielder, bosses the midfield and will grab a few goals to!

2) Adriano Basso - Quality keeper, solid and commands the area. We wouldn't of finished last season in 4th without him, he made so many crucial saves.

3) Lee Trundle - On his day he's class, brilliant touch and has the ability to score a lot of goals. I really think Trunds this year could be our player of the season.

Murray - Always has time for the fans, loves Bristol City and given some good years to the club.

Carey - He's our ROCk and a great captain, takes the game by the scruff of the neck. Peterborough is a great example of this.

Trundle - I just like the guy, a good team player even when not on the pitch. At half time at Peterborough he spoke to many of the players and patted them on head and wished em luck. When he comes on he works hard.

Noble - I think he's a class act and is very comfortable on the ball, seems to get out of impossible situations and links play well.

Carey - A leader and a great defender, without him we look much weaker.

Orr - Never gives anything less than 100% and puts everything on the line to win the ball, not the best player with the ball at his feet but his passion for the game makes up for it.

Stevie Brooker, but only because he scored the winner the last two games, being a fickle fan it could change tomorrow.

Hard one for me. I would have to say (in no particuar order)

Carey - Mr reliable

McIndoe - Classy, consistent

Marv - don't have to explain do I?

Lee Johnson - Although he has been slow to start this season I think he will pick up gets a massive amount of stick and whatever way you try to look at it most of it is because he is the boss's son. Not all of it I would hasten to add and some of it is valid stick.

Lee Trundle - On his day he is such good fun to watch I am sure he can get things right.

Carey - Has been at the club since I have been following I hated him when he came back and wanted him far away from the time I am pleased to admit I was wrong and he has really come on leaps and bounds under Johnson some thought that he could not compete last year but he proved those wrong and I am sure he will continue to do so.

Mentions to Orr, Basso and Murray - three of the reasons the club is in such good spirit in my opinion.

my favourites are:

Bradley- simply for his effort and love of the team, should be vice captain! love him. not bad player either

Trunds- brilliant bloke, fascinating to watch, has a laugh and doesnt take things toooo seriously. he is the reason i turn up early, to watch his tricks!!!

Nobbler- great player, and even better fella. under-rated by many, but he has been here since GJ first came and been a standout performer since, great goals, great vision, and brilliant little dribbles that never fail to get my heart racing

i like the look of williams already, he seems to have that something about him.

For me its:

1 - Murray. Great bloke, been a great player for us over the years and can still do a job for us if called upon. Always got time for the fans and is brilliant when he is around the fans.

2 - Carey. The rock upon which our team is built. If you want a Captain / CB that will spill his blood and fight to the death for the team, he is your man. Ever reliable.

3 - Trundle. Had a poor season last year goal scoring wise, but he has got something about him as a footballer that makes you want to watch him every week. Also a nice bloke with time for the fans.

Basso would be 4th, followed closely by Orr / Noble / Brooks and Marv ... :tumbleweed:

For me its:

1 - Murray. Great bloke, been a great player for us over the years and can still do a job for us if called upon. Always got time for the fans and is brilliant when he is around the fans.

2 - Carey. The rock upon which our team is built. If you want a Captain / CB that will spill his blood and fight to the death for the team, he is your man. Ever reliable.

3 - Trundle. Had a poor season last year goal scoring wise, but he has got something about him as a footballer that makes you want to watch him every week. Also a nice bloke with time for the fans.

Basso would be 4th, followed closely by Orr / Noble / Brooks and Marv ... :tumbleweed:

ready for tomorrow mate!!!? :chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez:

Archived