IGNORED

Basso On His Way

Thornstar

Personally, it wouldn't really suprise me if he left, especially if he has had a run in with GJ about losing his place in the team. You know what happens if you throw your toys out the pram don't you Mr. Phillips?

I'm not sure whether he'd go to Premieship club, more likely warm the bench at another Championship/League 1 club anyways.

I believe GJ prefers Weale to Basso anyway so I don't think he'd mind letting him go. If Basso hadn't had played so well last season, I think GJ would have ceased whatever opportunity to have played Weale more often. We know Mr.Johnson has his favourites don't we? :ph34r:

Whether this is b***ocks or not, no one player has the right to think he's bigger than the club so if he goes, he goes.

He's been a good servant to us and if this does turn out to be true then we thank him and wish him well but Weale's a good keeper in his own right and will get better at this level with experience.

I think this is utter tosh from the OP, i'm sure he was upset if he's been "dropped" he's a passionate guy, but it's a positive passion. Jesus didn't quit! Nor will Basso. That's how he'd think probably.

but IMO Basso and Weale are very similar quality, and if we were to lose one, I'd personally rather lose the guy 7 years older especially if there's a good offer for Basso. If Weale doesn't get a run this year he'll leave no doubt so earn some cash for that young target man/central defender we need, keep hold of the younger and as good player in Weale.

I wouldn't be gutted to see Basso leave because we have a quality replacement already here.

Correct i havnt posted on here since my cousin was released by City (Oli Barnes)

I am honestly not on the wind up and am disappointed that we are likely to be losing one of the best keepers we have had

Thornstar you must be related to me, as Ollie is my 2nd cousin!

I am sorry to announce this but i found out today that Basso will not play for City again.

He is upsaet at the way he has been treated by the club and is now seeking a move away from ashton gate.

He claims his injury has been over exaggerated to media to allow Weale to be moved in as his replacement.

Basso himself is upset that he has lost his place to Weale and feels following his performance last season his position should have been assured.

At 33 he is not happy to sit on the bench.

Believe me or not its up to you but just remember where you heard this first when his departure is announced within the next few weeks

I have also heard something along these lines....apparently when returning to pre season Basso and Orr asked which clubs had been in for them, When told ' none' Basso got in a bit of a strop, as for Orr he seems to think he is going to Blackburn !just rumors folks but you never know.

I would be mighty suprised if there is any truth in this - Basso came into the side in similar circumstances, waiting for his chance for Phillips to lose his place and then coming in and taking it and cementing his place in the team. For him to then turn around and echo those symptoms of Phillips from a 33 year old God botherer would be highly unusual!

I have also heard something along these lines....apparently when returning to pre season Basso and Orr asked which clubs had been in for them, When told ' none' Basso got in a bit of a strop, as for Orr he seems to think he is going to Blackburn !just rumors folks but you never know.

It's hard to believe but every player has his price!! - so assuming the offers are right and we have replacements ready in Weale & B Wilson then can't see why these rumours can't be true.

I do think the sums will need to be significant for these moves to happen and Orr must be less liekly due to Ribs injury!!

I found something very cool about Downend recently....WG Grace was from there!

How cool is that!

I live just opposite the cricket ground in Downend. WG was born in a house just by the main roundabout in Downend. Its unconfirmed whether WG used to hang around outside Co Op drinking cheap Cider and wearing a hoody!

this geezer must be on the wind up, we had a few times last season and then season before when weale went through a stage of being number 1 and basso was infact fine about it and said he dosent mind abit of competition! we all know basso is not like flapper and is very unlikely to throw his toys out the pram!

The only reason I could see us getting rid of Basso is if Lansdown told GJ that the only way he would have money for new players is to sell those he has... and the GK position makes sense as we have two very able players there and a promising young understudy.

However, I also find it hard to believe that Basso is throwing his toys out of the pram.

I can believe that the club may want to cash in on him if a big Premier League club came i.n for him. I could also believe that Basso himself may want to move if he knew that a Premier League club was interested. The whole thing about him wanting to leave due to the competition with Chris Weale after 3 games is complete BS though in my opinion. Even Flapper handled the competition for more than 3 games!

Basso doesnt like signing lots of autographs, probably because he writes so much on each one - as well as the name and number, there is a 'Jesus loves you' and a verse from the bible! So when swamped by loads of kids wanting autographs, theres every chance he would be there for hours if he did them all!

I also have it on good authority that the Barnes family have not had many good words to say about City since Ollie was released, even though they were fans previously. don't forget he plays for the Gas now

I can believe that the club may want to cash in on him if a big Premier League club came i.n for him. I could also believe that Basso himself may want to move if he knew that a Premier League club was interested. The whole thing about him wanting to leave due to the competition with Chris Weale after 3 games is complete BS though in my opinion. Even Flapper handled the competition for more than 3 games!

Basso doesnt like signing lots of autographs, probably because he writes so much on each one - as well as the name and number, there is a 'Jesus loves you' and a verse from the bible! So when swamped by loads of kids wanting autographs, theres every chance he would be there for hours if he did them all!

I also have it on good authority that the Barnes family have not had many good words to say about City since Ollie was released, even though they were fans previously. don't forget he plays for the Gas now

Ollie doesnt play for Rovers either anymore, will find out the gossip a week Friday as Ollie's dad Dave will be at my wedding

Ollie now plays for Worcester, left Rovers over a year ago

If my memory serves me right, didn't he go there in a fanfare about how he'd been mistreated Phillips-style by the "big club", with interviews from Trollope saying what a fantastic talent he was with huge potential?

Bit of a climb down to Worcester for the lad.

Like i said earlier this is NOTHING to do with Ollie Barnes! Him and most of his mates who were at the club have all moved on now - admitidley not exactly on to better things.

I have been told this by soemone else inside the club and have no reason not to 100% belive this is true.

I am simply sharing this news with other forum users and whether you choose to believe it or not is up you - after some of the rubbish that has been posted on here i can understand the scepticism!

Archived