IGNORED

Basso On His Way

Thornstar

I am sorry to announce this but i found out today that Basso will not play for City again.

He is upsaet at the way he has been treated by the club and is now seeking a move away from ashton gate.

He claims his injury has been over exaggerated to media to allow Weale to be moved in as his replacement.

Basso himself is upset that he has lost his place to Weale and feels following his performance last season his position should have been assured.

At 33 he is not happy to sit on the bench.

Believe me or not its up to you but just remember where you heard this first when his departure is announced within the next few weeks

Unfortunately i cannot reveal how i know this but let me assure you i am not lying about this as i am gutted about it myself.

Like i said its up to you whether you believe me or not but i can say he met with GJ today and is meeting with SL tomorrow to discuss leaving,

Are you sure you are not confusing him with Steve Phillips several years back?

Would be very surprised if Basso was the type to sulk over being kept out. Weale is in the side on merit - got his chance and has seized it.

On a slightly different point, but still related, I have to say how impressed I was with Weale's kicking / distribution on Saturday - one area Basso can sometimes struggle with.

Unfortunately i cannot reveal how i know this but let me assure you i am not lying about this as i am gutted about it myself.

Like i said its up to you whether you believe me or not but i can say he met with GJ today and is meeting with SL tomorrow to discuss leaving,

Fee?

Club?

Either you tell us more mate, otherwise you will get labelled for being a shit stirrer.

Are you sure you are not confusing him with Steve Phillips several years back?

Would be very surprised if Basso was the type to sulk over being kept out. Weale is in the side on merit - got his chance and has seized it.

On a slightly different point, but still related, I have to say how impressed I was with Weale's kicking / distribution on Saturday - one area Basso can sometimes struggle with.

Basso is 33 now and still has lots of ambitions to fulfill.

He doesnt have time to sit on the bench and is very disappointed that he has lost his place to a relatively unproven at championship level keeper after proving his ability in 46 games last season.

alas, the untold story is that Basso has been secretly training to become the first Brazilian astronaut, in fact he hasn't even been at City for over 6 months now as he spends his time training at a top secret location. His place at BCFC was secretly taken by the top international Basso impersonator and xylophone player Enrique De la Cruzconttrolle who whilst working during the day at HSBC in Broadmead still finds time to both play for BCFC and play extensive tours with his world reknown xylophone combo 'the ding dings'

Upon finding this out City boss Johnson (5'3") was outraged 'yeah I know' he exclaimed to an Evening Post reporter, The reporter who had infiltrated the club dressed as a giant robin was later eaten by a 30 foot tabby cat named tibbles.

Basso meanwhile responded 'All this time you thought I was pointing to the lord, I was actually pointing at the bleedin' moon, eeez uppa there, the moon!'

Previously all your posts seem to be about youth players.

I for one don't think you're a wind up Thornstar, although I do question the validaty of your statement.

Correct i havnt posted on here since my cousin was released by City (Oli Barnes)

I am honestly not on the wind up and am disappointed that we are likely to be losing one of the best keepers we have had

alas, the untold story is that Basso has been secretly training to become the first Brazilian astronaut, in fact he hasn't even been at City for over 6 months now as he spends his time training at a top secret location. His place at BCFC was secretly taken by the top international Basso impersonator and xylophone player Enrique De la Cruzconttrolle who whilst working during the day at HSBC in Broadmead still finds time to both play for BCFC and play extensive tours with his world reknown xylophone combo 'the ding dings'

Upon finding this out City boss Johnson (5'3") was outraged 'yeah I know' he exclaimed to an Evening Post reporter, The reporter who had infiltrated the club dressed as a giant robin was later eaten by a 30 foot tabby cat named tibbles.

Basso meanwhile responded 'All this time you thought I was pointing to the lord, I was actually pointing at the bleedin' moon, eeez uppa there, the moon!'

Quality! :rofl2br:

Correct i havnt posted on here since my cousin was released by City (Oli Barnes)

I am honestly not on the wind up and am disappointed that we are likely to be losing one of the best keepers we have had

In fairness Basso has never made a secret about his aim to play in the Prem, but just can't see him having a Phillips over this.

FFS this never ending.

Basso was injured he pulled himself off at B'Pool and if he has to fight for his place he will.

If you read anything on him he has always had to fight to get to where he is now. So its doubtful he will now say enough fighting I'm off to sunny Southend or the like.

OH BASSO OH BASSO

I like the guy and think he's a great keeper, but if he's going to resort to self-abuse in front of the fans then it's best if he does move on.

I can accept that players may make the occasional mistake or drop form but there is a limit to what is acceptable.

Oh Tissue Oh Tissue.

Oh dear, how do you still have any links with the club then? There's no way you could get such information as this. And if you did, then you are crazy for posting it on here, GJ is going to tear you to shreds!!!

Why would Basso want to leave just because he has lost his place for 2 games! Hardly end of the world is it!?!

Unfortunatly, i have heard from a reasonable source that " a first team squad member" is very likely to be moving on before the transfer window shuts.

I have no idea who, where, how much, why or anything, so havent bothered to post about it.

I'm usually very sceptical about rumour, But with this statement coming out, i wonder....?

Hopefully not, but it sort of adds up

Oh dear, how do you still have any links with the club then? There's no way you could get such information as this. And if you did, then you are crazy for posting it on here, GJ is going to tear you to shreds!!!

Why would Basso want to leave just because he has lost his place for 2 games! Hardly end of the world is it!?!

Not saying i have any links to the club just that this is what i have been told

and sorry but how is GJ going to tear me to shreds???

Thanks.....you will find out why soon enough

oh and do you know where he is playing now?

He is currently at Worcester but this nothing to do with him.

i heard this form someone i 100% trust and thought i would share it - didnt realise i would have to provide a family tree!!!

Why would he tear you to shreds? Because's he a crazed psycho thats why! No, really, for disrupting the harmony of the squad, if this is just a load of old balls.

But still, if you don't have any links to the club, then how do you really know this is true?

maybe not you.......but your so called "source" after the "Riordan Incident" I don't think there is anyone else in the club stupid enough to open their mouth anymore, unless they don't mind losing their job

I just saw this on the City 606 page.

Basso Quitting??????

Championship Bristol City

by hartcliffred (In GJ we trust) (U6917506) 18 August 2008

comment on the article

After the game last saturday,I took my daughters around to the players entrance waiting for a few autographs, we got a couple and we were waiting for Bass to appear to get his. When he finally came out we went to him and asked him if he was fit etc when all of a sudden he stopped signing autographs and started go on about the club treating him like cr@p and he will never play for the club again! I am interested to see if anyone else witnessed this as I have just seen that he is not even in the reserve game tonight at Forest Green

I just saw this on the City 606 page.

Basso Quitting??????

Championship Bristol City

by hartcliffred (In GJ we trust) (U6917506) 18 August 2008

comment on the article

After the game last saturday,I took my daughters around to the players entrance waiting for a few autographs, we got a couple and we were waiting for Bass to appear to get his. When he finally came out we went to him and asked him if he was fit etc when all of a sudden he stopped signing autographs and started go on about the club treating him like cr@p and he will never play for the club again! I am interested to see if anyone else witnessed this as I have just seen that he is not even in the reserve game tonight at Forest Green

Sounds like Basso is having a nervous breakdown! One minute he is happy signing autographs, then he just snaps, frothing at the mouth like a wild man. He begins punches some city fans in the face, starts ripping the autograph books up, tears his shirt off, throws a brick through a car windscreen, and says that all the players keep making fun of him.....

Then he was seen running off into night, roaring like a wild animal. Basso must be stopped, at all costs.

Ok, I made the above up for comedy impact, but surely this actual story cannot be true?

Archived