IGNORED

Basso On His Way

Thornstar

Like i said earlier this is NOTHING to do with Ollie Barnes! Him and most of his mates who were at the club have all moved on now - admitidley not exactly on to better things.

I have been told this by soemone else inside the club and have no reason not to 100% belive this is true.

I am simply sharing this news with other forum users and whether you choose to believe it or not is up you - after some of the rubbish that has been posted on here i can understand the scepticism!

Come on then. Name and shame. I'll start the guessing as who it could be.

Ummmmmmmmmm......the Atyeo Stand Chief cleaning lady?

I am sorry to announce this but i found out today that Basso will not play for City again.

He is upsaet at the way he has been treated by the club and is now seeking a move away from ashton gate.

He claims his injury has been over exaggerated to media to allow Weale to be moved in as his replacement.

Basso himself is upset that he has lost his place to Weale and feels following his performance last season his position should have been assured.

At 33 he is not happy to sit on the bench.

Believe me or not its up to you but just remember where you heard this first when his departure is announced within the next few weeks

:fastasleep: >>>>>> :gasmask:

I'm amused at how many people have replyed in this thread tbh. why credit the fellow with a reply(I'm doing it arent i? :laugh: )

there is no way adriano will be leaving. a) GJ wouldnt allow it. b) why would he throw a phillips? c) he is settled here, and has already told of how he owes us, we gave him his chance!!

i honestly believe he will start against cov, because weale will probably be made scapegoat for LJ's mistake but there we go

Whether this is b***ocks or not, no one player has the right to think he's bigger than the club so if he goes, he goes.

He's been a good servant to us and if this does turn out to be true then we thank him and wish him well but Weale's a good keeper in his own right and will get better at this level with experience.

Good post.

If he does leave( i don't for one minute think he will) it's not the end of the world. Weale could easily do a job in this league.

I will be deavstated if this happens. Basso is very talismanic for the fans and sums up we BELIEVE.Such personailties do not happen along every day.

SMS anyone.

Adriano Basso is a commited Christian, he would not "Throw in the Towel", most of all, he would have the strengths of his convictions.

Yet again, time will tell.

alas, the untold story is that Basso has been secretly training to become the first Brazilian astronaut, in fact he hasn't even been at City for over 6 months now as he spends his time training at a top secret location. His place at BCFC was secretly taken by the top international Basso impersonator and xylophone player Enrique De la Cruzconttrolle who whilst working during the day at HSBC in Broadmead still finds time to both play for BCFC and play extensive tours with his world reknown xylophone combo 'the ding dings'

Upon finding this out City boss Johnson (5'3") was outraged 'yeah I know' he exclaimed to an Evening Post reporter, The reporter who had infiltrated the club dressed as a giant robin was later eaten by a 30 foot tabby cat named tibbles.

Basso meanwhile responded 'All this time you thought I was pointing to the lord, I was actually pointing at the bleedin' moon, eeez uppa there, the moon!'

Antman, you have WAYYYY too much time on your hands!

VERY funny though :)

Basso is a great keeper, has been fantastic for us and this is probably all just the usual rumours but ... if he goes, he goes thank you very much and move on. No player is ever bigger than the club blah blah blah. All of this squad will move on at some stage the important thing is the ethos of the club. I really like Basso as a player, and Carey and McIndoe and others, same as I've loved Gow, Hunter, Merrick, B/Taylor, Riley, Newman, Curle, Walsh, Doherty etc etc etc etc at various times. City have a much greater team ethic and unity and that's what we need to keep cos players will always go at some time or other

I have been told it is 100% true. Apparantly Basso returned after the summer not fully focused.

This came from a family member of the board who plays cricket in a little village near the M4 Jct 18 !

I'll be shot if I name names, well he would be but I think his Dad is the top man or as near as damit. (CS).

ha ha.........that's your source!!! priceless....less said about that man the better. (his son, not sexstone that is)

That has 100% confirmed for me that this is complete and utter rubbish

Guest churchill gaffer

I will be gutted if this is the case!

I would find this hipocritital if this is the case.

I said before on this site, I personally was told by Basso himself whilst sat in a sauna. That Phillips was not happy about being dropped to Basso, and Phillips ingnored him for weeks! Like a big child.

This is not a lie, I would not make this up.

This is why I personally think this is a load of rubbish.

Basso knows himself two games ago he was picked but could only last 45 mins.

I can't see him getting upset after just a couple of games. I'm sure he is above all that!

If he is fit now, I would put him back in the side against Coventry. He is class, and i'm sure he will only not be picked if he is not fit.

ALWAYS BELIEVE! BASSO IS A LEGEND!!!!

This is the most unbelievable, sensationalist piece of crap I have ever heard, and I cannot believe this story is still rumbling on, and on, an on....

Why do some many fans on here claim that this is happening, surely these people must realise that we can see through the web of deceit and lies!

This is a fan's forum, not a link into the inner sanctum of the club....

Speaking as someone who is just a fan, surely people inside the club would be more responsible with their little nuggets of information. And if Basso upset GJ, I expect he would be gone already and an announcement on the official site.

Oh the shame if Basso ever reads this thread!

I have been told it is 100% true. Apparantly Basso returned after the summer not fully focused.

This came from a family member of the board who plays cricket in a little village near the M4 Jct 18 !

I'll be shot if I name names, well he would be but I think his Dad is the top man or as near as damit. (CS).

Cast the fly, reel 'em in.

Nice one! :worship2:

Guest churchill gaffer
Cast the fly, reel 'em in.

Nice one! :worship2:

I THINK WE SHOULD ALL CLOSE THIS SUBJECT!

I THINK IT IS A JOKE AND DISRESPECTFUL TO OUR LEGEND SIR BASSO!

THE END!!!!!

THIS IS DEFINATELY GASH!

AND I SMELL GASH!

COME ON LADS.

THE END.

Basso plays 45 minutes at Blackpool, thereby proving he is first choice before getting injured. Basso still injured. Basso therefore staying at club whether he regains his place after recovering from injury or not as he has in noi way whatsoever been treated badly by the club.

What a load of b0llocks this non story is.

To reiterate the words of Churchill Gaffer ''THE END''.

Guest DR DICKNOSE
You were in the sauna with Basso?? :noexpression:

yes apparenty some slapper i know is claiming to have romped with basso in a sauna!!!

don't know whether this is any thing to do with what is being said!!!

######* hope not. :fingerscrossed:

i honestly believe he will start against cov, because weale will probably be made scapegoat for LJ's mistake but there we go

That is called "hitting the nail on the head" absolutely bang 100% right in my book...

basso is a better keeper then Weale (just) in my view, the player who should be dropped is LJ, but that not likely to happen as we all know!

That is called "hitting the nail on the head" absolutely bang 100% right in my book...

basso is a better keeper then Weale (just) in my view, the player who should be dropped is LJ, but that not likely to happen as we all know!

Absolutely bang off in my book. No-one should be dropped. There is a case for bringing back Basso because I think you should always play your best keeper - but Weale has done no wrong.

And your last few words nicely capture why LJ provokes such a hot debate - you imply that the only reason he plays is because of who he is - that in turn calls into question the professionalism and integrity of a man who has transformed the fortunes of the club since that dark day in Swansea.

So you'd drop every player that makes a mistake? That's going to do wonders for morale and team spirit isn't it. Hey play the safe ball because I won't get dropped.

LJ was obviously trying to pass the ball out of the penalty area to a colleague, he cocked it up admittedly not for the first time. Dropping the player isn't the solution.

that in turn calls into question the professionalism and integrity of a man who has transformed the fortunes of the club since that dark day in Swansea.

Does it?

Johnson is undoubtedly a good manager but he's also a father, with the best will in the world can GJ really be unbiased towards his own flesh and blood? I'm not suggesting for a second Johnson plays junior knowing full well that he shouldn't be but I do question if Johnson can be 100% objectional towards his own son. I feel something in his subconscious would play a role.

Surely at best it's conflict of interests!

Interesting thread this. Only because at the Blackpool game my friend was sat with a very established player's (I won't say which player for obvious reasons!) mother and the player's girlfriend, where during half time they had a chat about how Basso was starting to get a bit too big for his boots and his attitude was changing somewhat. When my friend told me this at the time I didn't think anything of it and put it down to idle gossip, however, after reading this thread perhaps there's something in it?!?

I for one hope that all this isn't true, because I easily rate Basso as our best player from last season who kept up in the chase for promotion when certain players were buckling under the pressure. :dunno:

Does it?

Johnson is undoubtedly a good manager but he's also a father, with the best will in the world can GJ really be unbiased towards his own flesh and blood? I'm not suggesting for a second Johnson plays junior knowing full well that he shouldn't be but I do question if Johnson can be 100% objectional towards his own son. I feel something in his subconscious would play a role.

Surely at best it's conflict of interests!

I agree with that.

Gary Johnson is without rival the best manager I have seen down there in 20 years.

My old man still thinks Dicks is overall shading it as the better manager but Johnson has even got him thinking he may be, and he's been down there since the 1950s.

However it is physically impossible for him not to be biased to his son.

It isn't just Johnson, the most successful managers in the British game have suffered from this too.

I ask you - would Darren Ferguson have played in that quality Manchester United team if another man was in charge?

Would Paul Dalgleish have played for Newcastle United if Kenny wasn't at the helm?

Why have neither of those players gone on to play in Premier League sides for anyone else?

Archived