IGNORED

Next 4 Games

Guest Garfunkle

Guest Garfunkle

coventry

QPR

cardiff

BRUM

i think after these 4 games we will have a very good idea as to where we will be heading this season. this is arguably the hardest group of fixtures we have all season (although this may change when we see how the table pans out)

anyway, how many points would you be happy with?

myself id take 6 were it to be 1 win and 3 draws, wouldnt be as happy with 2 wins and 2 losses though (yes i know it is the same amount of points but 2 losses would worry me). anything above 7 and i think that would be a great return and give everyone belief that we can push on into the playoffs again.

thoughts?

we are better than crapdiff and coventry, and QPR havent bought anyone really so thats a potential 7-9 points from 3 games, brum could be difficult but we are at home so they may be looking to get a point, as a fan i want 12 points, but its obvious we cant expect that! whatever we do get I'm happy with

Guest Garfunkle
we are better than crapdiff and coventry, and QPR havent bought anyone really so thats a potential 7-9 points from 3 games, brum could be difficult but we are at home so they may be looking to get a point, as a fan i want 12 points, but its obvious we cant expect that! whatever we do get I'm happy with

so youd be happy with 0?

coventry

QPR

cardiff

BRUM

i think after these 4 games we will have a very good idea as to where we will be heading this season. this is arguably the hardest group of fixtures we have all season (although this may change when we see how the table pans out)

myself id take 6 were it to be 1 win and 3 draws, wouldnt be as happy with 2 wins and 2 losses though (yes i know it is the same amount of points but 2 losses would worry me). anything above 7 and i think that would be a great return and give everyone belief that we can push on into the playoffs again.

thoughts?

Yes I can see where you are coming from. A win at Baaaaadiff :clapping: and 3 draws would be good, but I think we could sneek a win at Coventry and 2 draws at home.

That would mean not having lost in the first 6 games which in my oppinion would be a decent start to the season.

coventry

QPR

cardiff

BRUM

thoughts?

the thing that bugs me is if we win the first 3 of those but have a bad game and lose against BRUM then there will be loads of ideots on here saying that the teams not good enough. basing there opinion on one game isnt fair on anyone and I believe makes them look very stuipid.

anyway rant over.

I think its quite sensible to expect nothing and hope for everything but as a pure prediction I think we will get 7 points - losing to coventry win against QPR Draw at Cardiff and win against BRUM.

Guest Garfunkle
the thing that bugs me is if we win the first 3 of those but have a bad game and lose against BRUM then there will be loads of ideots on here saying that the teams not good enough. basing there opinion on one game isnt fair on anyone and I believe makes them look very stuipid.

with success brings expectation, with expectation usually follows criticism. on the other hand, no success in the first place brings criticism.

either way the team, at some point, will be criticised, thats just football I'm afraid (look at utd sunday, their last two games were to seal the league and champions league, they draw the next game and its bordering on crisis according to some)

Guest bigboydolman

I think 5 points would be a decent return. That would make 9 from 6 which after a tough start wouldn't be to bad and give plenty to build on.

coventry

QPR

cardiff

BRUM

thoughts?

I think we will do well if we can take 6 points from these 4 games:

Away to Cov - Draw

Home to QPR - Win

Away to Cardiff - Draw

Home to Brum - Draw

We should be looking at a minimum of 6 or 7 from that.

Cov are beatable and started this well last season before we stuck it to them. They are flying but we ain't doing too bad either. Tough one to call but a think a minimum of a point.

QPR are a new side with a lot of foreign talent that hasn't adapted or gelled yet so that's a possible win on home soil.

Cardiff's Cardiff. We didn't deserve to lose last time out and should be out for revenge and to spoil their party with it being the last Severnside derby at Ninian. I think we can win there but it would help if we had 2,000 cidereds backing the boys to the hilt than a half empty away end.

Birmingham at home represents the biggest test given their squad and start so I expect a defeat there but would take a point right now.

Archived