IGNORED

The Supporters Club

Gerry Gows' Tash

I have a ST for Block B of the Dolman. Last week I was unable to get into the lounge at the side of the Dolman as it has been re-named "The Supporters Club Bar", no admittance unless you are a member or are happy to pay on the spot to join.

Last season was bad enough - an ST holder having to pay to get into the Dolman bar, but this is ridiculous, as a ST holder the only place I can get a drink at HT without paying extra is either by going to the van in the car park or the hatch under the stand. Meaning that having paid the best part of £500 on a ST, the club expect me to stand in the rain to get a cup of tea. My questions are;

Why didn't the club make it clear that buying a ST does not entitle you to use any of the facilities in the stand ?

My small amount of legal knowldge would suggest that buying a ST contains an implied right to use, at no additional cost, the facilities in the stand where you have bought a seat, should I officially complain to the club on this basis ?

Why should people who doesn't have a season ticket, and might only attend a handful of games, have priority over me just because they've paid a tenner to join the SC ?

Anyone have any views on this - there were a lot of disgruntled people around me last week

I have a ST for Block B of the Dolman. Last week I was unable to get into the lounge at the side of the Dolman as it has been re-named "The Supporters Club Bar", no admittance unless you are a member or are happy to pay on the spot to join.

Last season was bad enough - an ST holder having to pay to get into the Dolman bar, but this is ridiculous, as a ST holder the only place I can get a drink at HT without paying extra is either by going to the van in the car park or the hatch under the stand. Meaning that having paid the best part of £500 on a ST, the club expect me to stand in the rain to get a cup of tea. My questions are;

Why didn't the club make it clear that buying a ST does not entitle you to use any of the facilities in the stand ?

My small amount of legal knowldge would suggest that buying a ST contains an implied right to use, at no additional cost, the facilities in the stand where you have bought a seat, should I officially complain to the club on this basis ?

Why should people who doesn't have a season ticket, and might only attend a handful of games, have priority over me just because they've paid a tenner to join the SC ?

Anyone have any views on this - there were a lot of disgruntled people around me last week

The Dolman Bar is now free for season ticket holders.

What was the supporters club Gold Section is now for the prawn sandwich mob, so the elite have relocated upstairs!

Your ST entitles you to use the main DEH. I can't see what your problem is. All your post is a yet another petty swipe at the SC.

The football club decided to move the SC out of the DEH as they want to use the former Gold Bar for corporate meals this season. Consequently the SC Gold bar was moved upstairs - the cost was met by the SC who paid for the complete refurbishment of the new room. Carpets,furniture as well painting the walls and putting up the memorabelia.

Your ST entitles you to use the main DEH. I can't see what your problem is. All your post is a yet another petty swipe at the SC.

The football club decided to move the SC out of the DEH as they want to use the former Gold Bar for corporate meals this season. Consequently the SC Gold bar was moved upstairs - the cost was met by the SC who paid for the complete refurbishment of the new room. Carpets,furniture as well painting the walls and putting up the memorabelia.

It's not a petty swipe at all, lt's a fair and legitimate complaint. I'm in block A ,was equally irritated to see this facility taken away, without to the best of my knowledge either the FC or the SC having the courtesy to inform us it was closing. Quite frankly just shrugged it off, but after your crass remark think I'll complain as loudly as possible in the vain hope that it inconveniences the elite supporters a little too.

It's not a petty swipe at all, lt's a fair and legitimate complaint. I'm in block A ,was equally irritated to see this facility taken away, without to the best of my knowledge either the FC or the SC having the courtesy to inform us it was closing. Quite frankly just shrugged it off, but after your crass remark think I'll complain as loudly as possible in the vain hope that it inconveniences the elite supporters a little too.

Theres nothing 'elite' about the SC - anyone can join. All you need to do is apply.

Its hardly the fault of the SC that club didn't announce that the food outlet had been closed.

For those of you with longish memories you'll know that the food oulet was in fact a the Legends bar in a previous life. So using that facility as a bar is not a new phenominon.

As the Supporters club has been moved out of the Williams stand into the DEH and now into the old legends bar do the club legally have to provide the Supporters club with a faciltity to use?

As the Supporters club has been moved out of the Williams stand into the DEH and now into the old legends bar do the club legally have to provide the Supporters club with a faciltity to use?

Not any longer. The SC is entirely reliant on the goodwill of the FC when is comes to having a clubroom.

Theres nothing 'elite' about the SC - anyone can join. All you need to do is apply.

Yep and pay for the privelidge ! They were raking it on on Saturday by effectively forcing people to join to get any refreshments - Why should I have to pay again to use the facilities in the stand I sit in ? I've got no problem with the SC but I don't want to join it - to me having a ST makes me a supporter I don't need to prove it in any other way. The queues in the Dolman bar are a mile long and as I don't generally drink at HT I would have to give up the whole interval just to get a cup of tea.

Yep and pay for the privelidge ! They were raking it on on Saturday by effectively forcing people to join to get any refreshments - Why should I have to pay again to use the facilities in the stand I sit in ? I've got no problem with the SC but I don't want to join it - to me having a ST makes me a supporter I don't need to prove it in any other way. The queues in the Dolman bar are a mile long and as I don't generally drink at HT I would have to give up the whole interval just to get a cup of tea.

The change of use From Kiosk 13[as it was called] to the SC was announced several weeks ago on the OS. Because the area is a bar and not a kiosk tea/coffee/burgers are no longer served in it. As previously stated by Robbored the Dolman bar is now free to ST holders so you are very welcome to go in there.

You can join the SC on the spot? What level of membership does this get you? I'm still waiting for information on how to renew my bronze membership, I'm starting to think that the SC were happy to have me as a member last season but are now hoping I'll just go quietly away.

The Dolman Bar is now free for season ticket holders.

What was the supporters club Gold Section is now for the prawn sandwich mob, so the elite have relocated upstairs!

I would love to introduce you to some of the 'elite members' as you call them, perhaps you would then have a right to criticise them. IMO the SC members are good,hardworking,honest people who willingley pay their membership fee each year because the want to - not because they are forced to.

You can join the SC on the spot? What level of membership does this get you? I'm still waiting for information on how to renew my bronze membership, I'm starting to think that the SC were happy to have me as a member last season but are now hoping I'll just go quietly away.

Because the Dolman Bar is now free to ST holderss there is no longer a Bronze membership option - for further info please check the SC page on the main site.

Because the Dolman Bar is now free to ST holderss there is no longer a Bronze membership option - for further info please check the SC page on the main site.

That mentions a silver membership option but there are no benefits involved with that apart from the end of season awards thingy.

This would imply that the on the spot membership available at the bar on matchdays is gold membership, would that be correct?

Its hardly the fault of the SC that club didn't announce that the food outlet had been closed.

For those of you with longish memories you'll know that the food oulet was in fact a the Legends bar in a previous life. So using that facility as a bar is not a new phenominon.

How do I apply to join to join the SC, is there an email or address, do you need to be put forward by a member?

Or, it would seem, you can just turn up at the door of the bar on a matchday, pay your twenty quid and you're in!

As long as you accept the condition that access is not guaranteed. The clubroom has a capacity of 120 and when its full - before matches - its a 'one in,one out' policy. There has never been a capacity issue at half time or after matches as significantly less people use the clubroom at those times.

As long as you accept the condition that access is not guaranteed. The clubroom has a capacity of 120 and when its full - before matches - its a 'one in,one out' policy. There has never been a capacity issue at half time or after matches as significantly less people use the clubroom at those times.

But it's been confirmed earlier in this thread that the membership you pay for is full gold membership rather than silver, so you have equal rights to the bar as any other gold member? The 'entry not guaranteed' condition would surely apply as much to every single member as anyone signing up on the day, even the chairman for instance, should he turn up once the bar is full.

As an aside, how much is the beer subsidised by? It might be worth joining.

But it's been confirmed earlier in this thread that the membership you pay for is full gold membership rather than silver, so you have equal rights to the bar as any other gold member? The 'entry not guaranteed' condition would surely apply as much to every single member as anyone signing up on the day, even the chairman for instance, should he turn up once the bar is full.

As an aside, how much is the beer subsidised by? It might be worth joining.

Capacity is capacity - end of. The non guaranteed access applies to everyone and all those that have joined so far are aware of the situation. Many members arrived early to be sure of getting in against Derby. So I anticipate that will be the trend all season.

Unfortunately Lindleys no longer agreed to subsidise the beer but you do get a much wider selection and get use real glasses.

Thank You for the clear and precise answer. Only one more question, are tea and coffee available at half time or is it a bar only with no snackbar facilities?

Its a bar! Soft drinks are available but not hot drinks.

Hot pies are available along with crisps but thats about it.

Blimey! Questions asked and clear answers recieved.

I'm impressed, I can see this gold membership thing catching on.

Just one question, as there is a limit of 120 admitted, how many gold memberships will the SC sell before a cut-off level is reached?

Why are you moaning so much? The supporters club keeps getting knocked for hardly any reason, i feel just so people can have a moan and groan as they feel it is better to do that then actually do anything in the football club.

The supporters club keeps getting shifted around the ground and i personally feel the club would be happier if it didnt have a supporters club as they would only have to worry about the people with lots and lots of money.

These people with lots of money wouldnt be here if we were at the bottom of division four where the supporters club and the people inside it would be.

Why are you complaining about a room that last season you could only buy a pie, are you that desperate to eat some food?

The supporters club provides a decent service for a number of people who are happy and have many friendships in the supporters club.

Why don't you try join the supporters club, go to the meetings and try and change it if you are unhappy with it?

Why are you moaning so much? The supporters club keeps getting knocked for hardly any reason, i feel just so people can have a moan and groan as they feel it is better to do that then actually do anything in the football club.

The supporters club keeps getting shifted around the ground and i personally feel the club would be happier if it didnt have a supporters club as they would only have to worry about the people with lots and lots of money.

These people with lots of money wouldnt be here if we were at the bottom of division four where the supporters club and the people inside it would be.

Why are you complaining about a room that last season you could only buy a pie, are you that desperate to eat some food?

The supporters club provides a decent service for a number of people who are happy and have many friendships in the supporters club.

Why don't you try join the supporters club, go to the meetings and try and change it if you are unhappy with it?

to be honest, I think most fans don't see the point in the supporters club.....it's very much a closed doors club.....your last comment sums up your lack of knowledge about the supporters club.......many a member (let alone non-member) has tried to enquire on here about when meetings actually take place in order to actually attend, but they refuse to advise people where and when they take place, which is one of many reason why people dislike them.

There are a group FOR SUPPORTERS......but only actually for the "elite" few

Personally I'm delighted they have moved out the dolman hall, because the membership prices they charged to get into their bar last season were simply a fund raising scheme to "subsidy for their discounted drinks" in their own special part of the bar.....

Archived