IGNORED

The Supporters Club

Gerry Gows' Tash

to be honest, I think most fans don't see the point in the supporters club.....it's very much a closed doors club.....your last comment sums up your lack of knowledge about the supporters club.......many a member (let alone non-member) has tried to enquire on here about when meetings actually take place in order to actually attend, but they refuse to advise people where and when they take place, which is one of many reason why people dislike them.

There are a group FOR SUPPORTERS......but only actually for the "elite" few

Personally I'm delighted they have moved out the dolman hall, because the membership prices they charged to get into their bar last season were simply a fund raising scheme to "subsidy for their discounted drinks" in their own special part of the bar.....

I'm sorry, but you're very wide of the mark. I'm a founder member of the Supporters Trust, not a the Supporters Club and had similar views to you until I bothered to actually check some facts, visitied the SC 'Gold' bar and talked to members.

For around 40 of its 50 year existence the Supporters Club were a cornerstone of BCFC, generating hundreds of thousands of pounds through their bar takings and commercial activities. Not to mention being at the forefront of saving BCFC in 1982 and ensuring the smooth transition of the new company.

Since the mid-nineties their position has been eroded by successive administrations who seized many of their successful commercial ventures, including the running of the bars.

Two years ago they were kicked out of their home below the Williams Stand and relocated to the Dolman Exhibition Hall and it was the club's decision to use the main area of the DEH as a bronze membership bar in order to generate additional £5 in revenue from fans, not the SC. The SC had no control over this income - instead it went straight to the club and was used as a caveat to swell its ranks, when the SC hadn't the structure, or want to administer the hundreds of extra members.

You would think that the SC memmbers would have suffered enough asfter their fantastic thankless support over the years, but this season they've had the misfortune to be relocated once more due to the club's expediency - and to a bar half the size!

In summary the Supporters Club are now a social club with hardworking members who are far more deserving than anyone is prepared to give them credit. They've been dumped on from a very great height, but you'll never hear Robbored criticise them, because he has more integrity than me and better manners.

Furthermore, for standing up for himself he's frequently treated like a pariah by certain posters, when he and his colleagues have done wonders for BCFC over the years. We should be proud of our SC, though they may be small in number these days, we're bloody lucky to have them.

Just one question, as there is a limit of 120 admitted, how many gold memberships will the SC sell before a cut-off level is reached?

That hasn't been decided yet - but obviously if membership applications escalate then its something we'll have to look at.

I'm sorry, but you're very wide of the mark. I'm a founder member of the Supporters Trust, not a the Supporters Club and had similar views to you until I bothered to actually check some facts, visitied the SC 'Gold' bar and talked to members.

For around 40 of its 50 year existence the Supporters Club were a cornerstone of BCFC, generating hundreds of thousands of pounds through their bar takings and commercial activities. Not to mention being at the forefront of saving BCFC in 1982 and ensuring the smooth transition of the new company.

Since the mid-nineties their position has been eroded by successive administrations who seized many of their successful commercial ventures, including the running of the bars.

Two years ago they were kicked out of their home below the Williams Stand and relocated to the Dolman Exhibition Hall and it was the club's decision to use the main area of the DEH as a bronze membership bar in order to generate additional £5 in revenue from fans, not the SC. The SC had no control over this income - instead it went straight to the club and was used as a caveat to swell its ranks, when the SC hadn't the structure, or want to administer the hundreds of extra members.

You would think that the SC memmbers would have suffered enough asfter their fantastic thankless support over the years, but this season they've had the misfortune to be relocated once more due to the club's expediency - and to a bar half the size!

In summary the Supporters Club are now a social club with hardworking members who are far more deserving than anyone is prepared to give them credit. They've been dumped on from a very great height, but you'll never hear Robbored criticise them, because he has more integrity than me and better manners.

Furthermore, for standing up for himself he's frequently treated like a pariah by certain posters, when he and his colleagues have done wonders for BCFC over the years. We should be proud of our SC, though they may be small in number these days, we're bloody lucky to have them.

History is history.

Nobody would deny the work the SC did over many years, but that was then.

Things are a little different more recently.

For example. Both the SC and the ST were given a voice at club board level.

As you know, one chose to actively support and represent the views of the fan majority. The other appeared to be openly obstructive, most notably in response to the sterling work by a handful of City fans to get the East End re-opened.

Fortunately, that is also now history, because despite the best efforts of the former SC chairman to undermine the East End lobby, the determined effort of the EE activists has proved successful.

So far as having an SC designated area is concerned, it's not a big deal, considering the DEH is available to everyone, so maybe the SC should just be left alone now.

Blimey! Questions asked and clear answers recieved.

I'm impressed, I can see this gold membership thing catching on.

Just one question, as there is a limit of 120 admitted, how many gold memberships will the SC sell before a cut-off level is reached?

At the present time it is intended to have a cut-off level of 300-membership currently stands at around 260 with a few past members having not yet renewed-but if the capacity of the room is increased at a forth coming stadium review this may be increased.

That hasn't been decided yet - but obviously if membership applications escalate then its something we'll have to look at.

At the present time it is intended to have a cut-off level of 300-membership currently stands at around 260 with a few past members having not yet renewed-but if the capacity of the room is increased at a forth coming stadium review this may be increased.

Thank you very much for the replies. I might well partake.

to be honest, I think most fans don't see the point in the supporters club.....it's very much a closed doors club.....your last comment sums up your lack of knowledge about the supporters club.......many a member (let alone non-member) has tried to enquire on here about when meetings actually take place in order to actually attend, but they refuse to advise people where and when they take place, which is one of many reason why people dislike them.

There are a group FOR SUPPORTERS......but only actually for the "elite" few

Personally I'm delighted they have moved out the dolman hall, because the membership prices they charged to get into their bar last season were simply a fund raising scheme to "subsidy for their discounted drinks" in their own special part of the bar.....

How on earth is it elite when anyone can join?

So my complete lack of knowledge, How long have you been a member in there for then?

The supporters club never wanted to be thrown out the of the Williams stand, they never asked to be moved into the dolman stand. Its just the club wanting to make as much money out of the "rich people".

The supporters club again got turfed out for the "rich people", but then i suppose that shows how much we mean to bristol city.

being a member of the supporters club for the last 15 years i would like to say well done to everyone who put the effort in to make our new clubroom the wonderfull place it is.

lets hope we can stay there until we move to our new ground.

i think it is much better than the previous place and we don't have to draw the curtains to stop seeing the chavs and riff raff drinking over priced beer out of plastic glasses.

:city::city::city::city:

Archived