IGNORED

James Scowcroft

Dolman_Stand

I bloody hope not. We couldn't buy more of a has been.

This would be Colin's ultimate revenge on City wouldn't it..

If he'd like to drop Ben Watson into the deal though, I might forgive him..

Like everyone else, City will be linked with a fair few players over the next few days - i'll believe a signing when it happens!

Palace change their entire system to 4-5-1 and get rid of their top scorer as they don't guarentee him first team games. And then they try to sell the 1 who they base their entire system about... who starts all their league games... to possibly one of their promotion rivals... This is Colin magic. They're signing Alan Lee from Ipswich as a replacement. Wooooo go Colin.

As to Scowcroft on the surface it'd be a big fat "meh" were there any truth in it.

WTF!!....these Scowcroft rumours might have some credibility...500K fee mentioned in one article.

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=14983

Scowcroft mulling over City switch

Friday, 29 August 2008

By Richard Cawley

CRYSTAL Palace striker James Scowcroft has been told he can leave Selhurst Park - and is thinking over a move to Bristol City.

The 32-year-old only signed a new 12-month deal towards the end of last season - triggering an extension after playing 25 matches - but Eagles boss Neil Warnock has given him permission to speak to the Robins.

The South London Press understands that former Ipswich and Leicester forward Scowcroft is going to spend a couple of days deciding if he wants to move to Ashton Gate.

And there could be other teams that make a move before Monday's transfer window - with Watford and Huddersfield both thought to be interested in his services.

Scowcroft is 32, and with Dele at 33 and Trundle going on 32, surely we need build a younger strike force, not Dad's Army.

At this rate, our next signings will be Windass partnered up front by Sherringham!

No way No NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we do not want Scowcroft he came on in the P/O semis lasted a minute went off with a torn hammy no thanks Gary get the young lad from Ebbsfleet he looks the bargain and great foil for the likes of LT DA NM and SB and at 19 is what we really need pace power and ability like previously posted

NO DADS ARMY PLEASE

Surely age concern wouldnt do bad to open an office outside Ashton Gate if JS does sign up and maybe we want to boost the NHS in Bristol too

Aside from a bit of sympathy for Nick Carle, I think the current crisis at Palace is brilliant :D

Particularly because Derry is such a despicable ****!

Wonder if those two get on as Derry clearly called Carle an "Aussie ****" in the first leg of the playoff final - it's on camera!

Poor Jamie is getting lambasted and he hasn't even signed for us (yet??) I hope you all don't cheer if he scores :noexpression:

Whatever happened to trusting GJ judgement, if it's true, he must think he will be a valuable addition or why would he be signing him :tumbleweed:

Age for me doesn't come into......Kevin Phillips anyone (And I am not comparing their abilities before you all start)

Poor Jamie is getting lambasted and he hasn't even signed for us (yet??) I hope you all don't cheer if he scores :noexpression:

Whatever happened to trusting GJ judgement, if it's true, he must think he will be a valuable addition or why would he be signing him :tumbleweed:

Age for me doesn't come into......Kevin Phillips anyone (And I am not comparing their abilities before you all start)

I trust GJ's judgement not to sign a shit player like Scowcroft. As long as he doesn't I won't question it.

IF Scowcroft signs then you have to feel that it poses serious questions over Trundles role in the squad.

With Brooker being prolific from the bench and considering Scowcroft will clearly not come here to keep Trundle company on the side-lines, it can only be concluded that from starting in the play-off final little more than 4 months ago Trundle has free-fallen to 5th choice striker in the blink of an eye.

Regardless of how it is portrayed that is a rather spectacular fall from grace for last seasons million pound man, to the extent that a swift cut price deal seeing him leave the club is far from unthinkable.

Whilst I very much trust Johnsons judgement I have to say that if this were to go through it would be a rather un-inspiring signing and more importantly, seem to add very little to what the squad currently posses.

Archived