IGNORED

Trundle

rockin-robin

19yr old non-league striker in. Experienced striker at championship level out! :disapointed2se:

Experienced, one stuttering season. your having a giraffe. good wind up son, but keep trying. Next you'll be saying Flapper is a good keeper.

In my opinion for what it's worth, I think Trundle should have played today alongside Brooker. The goalscorer and the creator. Tuesday by all accounts was poor so why not? City performed much better when LT and SB came on that night. I don't think either player can be pleased with or fearful of what they saw today from Dele and Maynard. Why?

Well that didn't play as a unit and link up

Maynard contributed very little, but also got offered nothing. In my opinion for him to score alot of goals he will need alot of support from the wings and to be playing far up the field. On a number of occasions today, Dele was further forward than him!

Dele had a couple of good efforts, but Brooker does everything that Dele does and is a little more nimble.

Brooker links up play very well as does Trundle so I could see them doing this together in close proximity.

4 top strikers need to rotate and all need to be scoring. Premier League clubs do this and if we aspire we need too as well.

When we change the front two we need to play to their strengths. So Maynard and Dele need support from the wings in the air and on the ground. On the other hand, Brooker and Trundle are more build up play and both can turn a player and create something. Dele is too big and slow generally to go past players. Maynard looks to be a receiver rather than a go past type of player.

Marcus Stewart was very creative, had no pace, but mentally was way quicker than the rest of the team. He had a proper footballing brain. Trundle is the same. I really hope we do not sacrifice him because we didn't play to his strengths when we bought him for his strengths that delivered 20 plus goals a season. That would not be good management!

In my opinion for what it's worth, I think Trundle should have played today alongside Brooker. The goalscorer and the creator. Tuesday by all accounts was poor so why not? City performed much better when LT and SB came on that night. I don't think either player can be pleased with or fearful of what they saw today from Dele and Maynard. Why?

Well that didn't play as a unit and link up

Maynard contributed very little, but also got offered nothing. In my opinion for him to score alot of goals he will need alot of support from the wings and to be playing far up the field. On a number of occasions today, Dele was further forward than him!

Dele had a couple of good efforts, but Brooker does everything that Dele does and is a little more nimble.

Brooker links up play very well as does Trundle so I could see them doing this together in close proximity.

4 top strikers need to rotate and all need to be scoring. Premier League clubs do this and if we aspire we need too as well.

When we change the front two we need to play to their strengths. So Maynard and Dele need support from the wings in the air and on the ground. On the other hand, Brooker and Trundle are more build up play and both can turn a player and create something. Dele is too big and slow generally to go past players. Maynard looks to be a receiver rather than a go past type of player.

Marcus Stewart was very creative, had no pace, but mentally was way quicker than the rest of the team. He had a proper footballing brain. Trundle is the same. I really hope we do not sacrifice him because we didn't play to his strengths when we bought him for his strengths that delivered 20 plus goals a season. That would not be good management!

we did try trundle in the style we play, look at the swans they had a few years trundle top scorer get near the play offs and then suddenly loose him and then get automatic next season cocidence I'm not sure I think I'd rather see the team playing the way they do than just around one player thanks.

Guest ashtonyate

I don't know if this thread is true or not but if it is it will be interesting to see if he can score there or if he was not up too the championship standards.If he does go out and start scoring then we must look at the way City play because this season we still find it hard to get goals.

I personally think it would be a crying shame to see him go - he has the potential to be one of City's greats - Dziekanowski was labelled lazy, but we loved him.

Each time yesterday afternoon when Mcindoe or Johnson were sat in front of QPR's back 4, wondering what to do, I wondered whether anyone else missed the creativity of Trundle or Noble? I'm no analyst, but felt we missed the creativity that those two provide.

What ever is going on after yesterdays performance we need something extra up front or a creative mid-fielder. Its just because we aint finishing of teams i know its only 4 games in and were still unbeaten etc.... but imo we have lost 4 points in our two home games. We were all over Derby in the first half and only got the 1 goal and 2nd half of Qpr game we were all over them and they had only 10 men but same result only 1 goal not good enough.

It's all down to value for money. He cost a huge fee (by our standards), presumably is on big wages, and however rose-tinted your glasses, he has just not delivered. At best, he is just a useful squad member, but we should expect more than that for what he is costing, and from the players point of view, at this stage of his career he needs to be playing most weeks. I doubt that he will move on loan to a Championship team, more likely drop into League One. Nothing against him, it's just a move that has not worked out for either the player or the Club, it possibly came a couple of years too late for him.

It's all down to value for money. He cost a huge fee (by our standards), presumably is on big wages, and however rose-tinted your glasses, he has just not delivered. At best, he is just a useful squad member, but we should expect more than that for what he is costing, and from the players point of view, at this stage of his career he needs to be playing most weeks. I doubt that he will move on loan to a Championship team, more likely drop into League One. Nothing against him, it's just a move that has not worked out for either the player or the Club, it possibly came a couple of years too late for him.

Thats exactly right.

With hindsight Johnson took a gamble on shelling out a million on Trundle. He obviously thought that Trundle would be able to step up and perform in the CCC but he was wrong. Apart from the odd show here and there Trundle has disapointed.Its not as if Johnson didn't give him a chance either.He had had plenty of time to adjust but simply couldn't make the step up.

If he goes back to Swansea and it suits all three parties then I have no problem with him leaving AG.I just wonder whether Swansea actually need him back.

Thats exactly right.

With hindsight Johnson took a gamble on shelling out a million on Trundle. He obviously thought that Trundle would be able to step up and perform in the CCC but he was wrong. Apart from the odd show here and there Trundle has disapointed.Its not as if Johnson didn't give him a chance either.He had had plenty of time to adjust but simply couldn't make the step up.

If he goes back to Swansea and it suits all three parties then I have no problem with him leaving AG.I just wonder whether Swansea actually need him back.

I haven't seen anything anywhere that Swansea are looking at LT?

His continued non-inclusion baffles me.

Baffles you maybe but not many other City fans who are able to be objective about Trundle.

Bottom line - 6 goals all season for a million quid. Not enough despite Johnson sticking with him for probably too long.

Baffles you maybe but not many other City fans who are able to be objective about Trundle.

Bottom line - 6 goals all season for a million quid. Not enough despite Johnson sticking with him for probably too long.

Trundle will come good, of that i'm sure. He failed to live up to expectations last season but showed against Preston on the final day that when he gets that buzz about him what a quality footballer he is.

Johnson saw something in him to spend a million on him and that was justification alone for sticking by him last season. I think the next time we see him play we will see a man that is mentally and physically prepared for the Championship and i've no doubt that it will be soon.

It's too easy to write someone off without giving them the full benefit of the doubt. Lets give LT that benefit shall we

I personally think it would be a crying shame to see him go - he has the potential to be one of City's greats - Dziekanowski was labelled lazy, but we loved him.

Each time yesterday afternoon when Mcindoe or Johnson were sat in front of QPR's back 4, wondering what to do, I wondered whether anyone else missed the creativity of Trundle or Noble? I'm no analyst, but felt we missed the creativity that those two provide.

At the end of last season City were playing a fast, creative, chance producing passing game and Trundle and Noble were at the heart of it.

We're not playing with that style now.

Trundle and Noble offer something different and I'll be really disappointed if Trundle in particular is not given a sustained opportunity.

For one thing I want entertainment, and secondly we miss the superb goals these two are capable of.

As for those who say Trundle has had sufficient chances to impress, I disagree. He had very few prolonged spells in the team and when given a chance when fully fit at the end of the season was outstanding.

I see no reason why he didn't start this season in the first team after his displays in May.

At City we have a great team of whole hearted triers who will get a good amount of hard fought points but they need the extra spark, skill and unpredictability of a player like Trundle to break teams down and turn draws into victories.

was in Clifton last night and bumped into Kieth Millen he said when i asked about trundle "he is not going anywhere we just need to get him fit"

Good. Give him a fine for whatever it was and let's see magic daps back in the side bamboozling championship defenders with his superb close-control play.

How on earth can Trundle not be fit, what else is there for a professional footballer to think about other than to keep themselves fit and practise skills.

It's not as if he's young and doesn't understand the routines of a footballer, it's basic stuff, if he isn't taking his career seriously enough perhaps we should let him go find another club that will accept this behaviour.

I'm flabbergasted if that is true.

How on earth can Trundle not be fit, what else is there for a professional footballer to think about other than to keep themselves fit and practise skills.

It's not as if he's young and doesn't understand the routines of a footballer, it's basic stuff, if he isn't taking his career seriously enough perhaps we should let him go find another club that will accept this behaviour.

I'm flabbergasted if that is true.

I was flabbergasted towards the end of last season when Trundle announced that he had lost some weight and was fit.....

Guest ashtonyate

If you are going to buy older players they need to be tried and tested in the league you are playing in, you cannot take a gamble with a 31 year old just in case he comes good.

I was a daft buy now we seem to be looking at younger player I think that's the right road to take but they need to be given the service and time to come good,and I still am amazed by the way some fans stick by Trundle he comes across as a nice man but that's not what we paid all that money.

Archived