IGNORED

Atmosphere

ki-bcfc

anyone think for 17 thousand fans the atmosphere today at the gate was dia?

east end was amazin as usual

QPR were quite good at the end

apart from that annoying song

what the hell were they singing anyway and were did they get sheep shagers from?

did they think they were playing cardiff in red or sumthing?:S

williams, we were crap as ever didnt hear much of ateyo apart from the sending off :travolta:

dolman?!

i never knew there was that many fans that leave early.. u pay for the game.. stay and use get your moneys worth u

moany farts.

:ranting:

roll on cardiff:P

My first time in the Williams today. Used to be in the East End, but obviously that's all changed now, as I'm not a season-ticket holder.

I respect everyones right to support football in their own way, but I was shocked at just how quiet the Williams actually is. Polite ripples of applause, cheering for the goal and for the sending off, and that really was it. Shocking.

My missus really enjoyed her first away league game at Cov, so I was a little embarrassed that the atmos was so flat at our own ground (except for the distant but continuous roar of the East End).

And before anyone says it's because there's a lot of older folk, families and women in there, that's not the reason. It's this so-called 'English Reservation' that prevents people from expressing themselves (at least, without alcohol). People don't want to draw attention to themselves unnecessarily, so no-one takes the risk of singing aloud. It's like that old joke about the English couple in the restaurant moaning about the meal, and then forcing a smile to the waiter and reassuring him 'Yes, thankyou, it's absolutely delicious'.

I'm not Mr. Confidence, but I tried a few lines and people seemed reasonably receptive, although the middle-aged gentleman in front of me gave me a whithering look when I bellowed 'Come On You Reds' in the second half.

If only some of these people could get over their insecurities and just sing a little bit, they'd be suprised how it might catch on. They might even enjoy it.

It makes such a difference to the players, and I would love our ground to be a fortress of noise. I support any initiative Dave Lloyd tried to raise the roof a little more.

I doubt it will change much though. People are who they are. I'll be trying a different stand next time, and I long to be back in the East End. Terrible view and all.

I was in the EAST END and was a little dissapointed with the amount of people that didn't sing all the time, especially when we went behind.

The whole point of getting the EAST END open to home fans was to get everyone that want to sing and get behind the team together and make a constant noise. If people don't want that then why did they get tickets in there??? The team need support more when things aren't going right on the pitch!!!!

Oh and if anyone knows the speed freaks that get by the netting, tell them to slow the songs down. They sing so fast that half the time they finish before everyone else have got half way. It's ruining the unity of the songs and reducing the volume that could be produced!!!

If they carry on at the speed they're going, the season will be finished by december!!!!!!!

The EAST END is good, and a great laugh, but could be much better. A bit more effort please!!!!!!!

I was in the EAST END and was a little dissapointed with the amount of people that didn't sing all the time, especially when we went behind.

The whole point of getting the EAST END open to home fans was to get everyone that want to sing and get behind the team together and make a constant noise. If people don't want that then why did they get tickets in there??? The team need support more when things aren't going right on the pitch!!!!

Oh and if anyone knows the speed freaks that get by the netting, tell them to slow the songs down. They sing so fast that half the time they finish before everyone else have got half way. It's ruining the unity of the songs and reducing the volume that could be produced!!!

If they carry on at the speed they're going, the season will be finished by december!!!!!!!

The EAST END is good, and a great laugh, but could be much better. A bit more effort please!!!!!!!

I was going to post something similar, but you beat me to it.

If anyone reads this who is normally by the netting in F Block - Slow the bloody songs down!!!!! :bruce_h4h:

The whole point of getting the EAST END open to home fans was to get everyone that want to sing and get behind the team together and make a constant noise.

The cheap season tickets put a stop to that other people from other stands have came into the east end just because it has saved them money witch is fair enough but i wish they would make an effort.

I think some of us are going to have to brave it and wade in there sometime and have a word with the kids. It is ridiculous the speed at which they sing, which kind of breaks up those who are singing at the right pace.

The rendition of "Johnson says slow down the songs" was pretty funny yesterday, as was "Give us our pillar back"

:D

Doman Stand ST here,

The problem is that everyone is split up........you have singers in 3 stands, but they all sing at different times and different songs... :yes:

Yesterday was pretty poor from all round with the singing, we need the new ground with the whole area designed for the singers, like the cop at liverpool or like we had at wembley, everyone wearing red (like holland) it looks amazing when everyone in the same colour. :yahoo:

Dolman stand is a great view, put I must admit the people who turn up late and leave early is a joke.........Yesterday me and my wife sat there and looked around the ground and in the dolman people were streaming out with 5 mins to go (which was 9 mins with added on time) bloody rediculous if you ask me and I don't want to here that old chesnut that theres only 2 entrances, footbal finishes when the whistle goes, if you need to get home early either sit where there is more gates (williams) or don't come and spoil it for us people who have to keep getting up out of our seats to let people out....to me its bloody rude, you would leave a film or a show without seeing how it ends. :grr:

As a ST holder in the Dolman, I agree its bloody annoying when tons of people leave early, and considering I am at the front of the upper Dolman, it obstructs my view aswell :ranting:

As for the Williams, that place is like a library!

The Eastend is good but could be better firstly the singers are to spread out,I know you like the pillar but in the first half when you could not go there,and were further over more people started to sing and it was louder,and other fans starting to learn the Easatend songs,the section by the net I agree they only know a few songs and go far to fast,please slow down and try to sing and learn all the songs sang all together they sound great,love the new Torres song but can someone post the words as diferent versions being sang by everyone.

Second half was quiter mainly because the corner section who start the main songs were to far away in the corner.

As a Williams stand STH, can I ask if all those in the East End who don't use their seats can ask the club to reinstall them in the Williams?

We sit on a piece of wood 40cm wide - which is quite difficult when you're between two blokes who are 60cm at the shoulders - so it would be quite luxurious to sit my backside on a nice plastic seat that fits the contours of my bum.

:innocent06:

the trouble is that not every one can congregate by the pillar if the main boys want everyone to join in they are going to have to get a bit more central imo so that the speedheads can be slowed down as at the moment by the time the songs go through the EE they are getting finished by the netboys before the 2nd verse ,if we were more central i feel it the tempo could be helped by mabel(the drum) and we could all sing as one, as for the other stands live and let live as we all have 1 thing in common we are BCFC

the trouble is that not every one can congregate by the pillar if the main boys want everyone to join in they are going to have to get a bit more central imo so that the speedheads can be slowed down as at the moment by the time the songs go through the EE they are getting finished by the netboys before the 2nd verse ,if we were more central i feel it the tempo could be helped by mabel(the drum) and we could all sing as one, as for the other stands live and let live as we all have 1 thing in common we are BCFC

I thought the plan was for all singers (forza etc) to go in G block.. That hasnt happened and unless it does it wont improve very much mate..

Going to have to start my kum by yar song me thinks..

I thought the plan was for all singers (forza etc) to go in G block.. That hasnt happened and unless it does it wont improve very much mate..

Going to have to start my kum by yar song me thinks..

i reckon we will mate , you going to cardiff

YAWN!!!!! Just learn to accept that people enjoy football in different ways, and people who don't sing are not worse supporters than those who do.

That's fair enough. That's what everyone expects in the Williams. But the campaign with the EAST END has been about trying to get agreat atmosphere going that could hopefully spread around the ground!! I did notice few times that a few in the lower DOLMAN appeared to join in with some songs every now and then!!

We have tried to get it as a place for all the singers to congregate so it is annoying that people have been attracted in there by the cheaper tickets and then don't join in because 1200 people singing their heads off and encouraging the team could make a difference when things aren't going so well.

The players and manager often praise the away support and say it helps them. This may be p.r. but i think positive noises and songs from the stands is more likely to inspire a player than whinging and groaning!!!

Obviously because we were singing all the time we didn't hear much from qpr, but if they were loud as has been said, then maybe that helped their ten men to battle it out for a point on what was a hot, strength sapping afternoon. Their players certainly showed their appreciation at the end. Just imagine what a large percentage of 15000 home fans could have achieved if thay had got behind their team in the same way!!!!

anyone think for 17 thousand fans the atmosphere today at the gate was dia?

east end was amazin as usual

QPR were quite good at the end

apart from that annoying song

what the hell were they singing anyway and were did they get sheep shagers from?

did they think they were playing cardiff in red or sumthing?:S

williams, we were crap as ever didnt hear much of ateyo apart from the sending off :travolta:

dolman?!

i never knew there was that many fans that leave early.. u pay for the game.. stay and use get your moneys worth u

moany farts.

:ranting:

roll on cardiff:P

Aren't these sort of threads becoming a little tired and old?

If people want to sing then sing, if people don't want to sing then don't!

If people want to leave early then leave, if people want to stay to the end then stay!

Basically mind your own business! it's nothing to do with you or any other of the sheep who sing that annoying chant at the end of every match about stying to the end :disapointed2se:

Aren't these sort of threads becoming a little tired and old?

If people want to sing then sing, if people don't want to sing then don't!

If people want to leave early then leave, if people want to stay to the end then stay!

Basically mind your own business! it's nothing to do with you or any other of the sheep who sing that annoying chant at the end of every match about stying to the end :disapointed2se:

arnt your anti-eastend posts a little tired and old?

mind you, not that anybody cares about your typed tripe

Perhaps that is why a lot of us choose to sit in the Williams. Now will you please stop being holier than thou and respect our right to watch footballl as we wish.

not holier than thou

louder than thou

if you don't like the critisism why don't you ask gary johnson to stop asking the crowd to lift the players?

or is he being holier than thou too?

arnt your anti-eastend posts a little tired and old?

mind you, not that anybody cares about your typed tripe

Care to explain how my previous post was an anti eastend? or for that matter the last time I posted anything anti EE? I just don't appreciate a complete stranger telling others how to behave and act on a match day.

Don't pannick I don't expect a reasoned and sensible reply any time soon ..... :fastasleep:

Archived