IGNORED

Atmosphere

ki-bcfc

Care to explain how my previous post was an anti eastend? or for that matter the last time I posted anything anti EE? I just don't appreciate a complete stranger telling others how to behave and act on a match day.

Don't pannick I don't expect a reasoned and sensible reply any time soon ..... :fastasleep:

don't act the innocent, in your usual sub-robbored style you never miss a chance to attempt a pop at the eastend or the eastend campaign

trawl the archives if you want evidence

The East End never sounds amazing to anyone who had the chance to stand in there in the pre-Carling Atyeo Stand days.

I was in the old East End for 20 years plus and it's a myth that it was a constant cacophany of support.

The atmosphere could indeed be great but it was mostly due to a few hundred "boys in the middle" and there was a fairly small repertoire of songs, mostly short chants. The heightened expectation of infiltration from mobs of away fans also lent a "special" atmosphere.

Always had it's fair share of moaners and there were often disagreements in the packed area behind the goal because of the pushing and shoving that led to fights between fellow City fans.

The older chanters moved out to the Park End to challenge the away fans and one rainy day even returned en masse to the back corner of the East End to chant AT the Eastenders.

It's great to see City fans in there rather than rows of empty seats but trying to recreate something that never, or at least rarely ever was is a non starter.

It's not choir practice so to go in there and "sing songs" is a bit baffling, just chant and chant loudly as one and the 21st Century East End will evolve it's own mythology from the new generation and those who have chosen to go back.

don't act the innocent, in your usual sub-robbored style you never miss a chance to attempt a pop at the eastend or the eastend campaign

trawl the archives if you want evidence

Paranoia.

I will not be pulled into another petty argument about your beloved EE when my original post was absolutely nothing to do with it!

Loons like you really don't do the people who sit in there any favours.

Your obsessed and need to talk about something other than the EE...It isn't heathly I tell you! :w00t:

Paranoia.

I will not be pulled into another petty argument about your beloved EE when my original post was absolutely nothing to do with it!

Loons like you really don't do the people who sit in there any favours.

Your obsessed and need to talk about something other than the EE...It isn't heathly I tell you! :w00t:

obssessed and paranoid?

of course your initial post was about the eastend and people in the eastend

who else are the "sheep" singing at the early leavers in the Dolman?

Too hot!!

Like the pace of the game - affected by the heat!!

i do belive he has a point

plus people become a lot more passionate when they no what affect the result of the game will have on prospects ie promotion, relagation. This is something which will not occur for a while yet

even wen we had johnson say bounce around the gorund with the beat of the drum (that me and deej was playing)

the people by the nettin was still finishing before us and we'd start the song

i think forza EE as a group have to take g/f block

we took g yesterday and i thought it was alright but moved back to the pillar second half

:protest: First time I have ever been called a sheep! :baa: Thats made my mind up, I am not going to Cardiff just in case those Welsh fella's take a shine to me.. :sad26:

I may be wrong, but I am sure that Gary Johnson said last season that it upsets the team when people leave early, that is where that particular chant came from, but that subject has been done to death on here and I don't want to start that off again because it has got boring and it will never change...

Going back to the original chat about atmosphere, with regard to the EE, I really think Forza and the other people who sing at normal speed really need to get into F block in large numbers and 'try' to get the young-uns singing at the same speed as the rest of us.. Or shall we just send Dolly and Vicky in there with their handbags to sort the buggers out? :fear::handbags:

:protest: First time I have ever been called a sheep! :baa: Thats made my mind up, I am not going to Cardiff just in case those Welsh fella's take a shine to me.. :sad26:

I may be wrong, but I am sure that Gary Johnson said last season that it upsets the team when people leave early, that is where that particular chant came from, but that subject has been done to death on here and I don't want to start that off again because it has got boring and it will never change...

Going back to the original chat about atmosphere, with regard to the EE, I really think Forza and the other people who sing at normal speed really need to get into F block in large numbers and 'try' to get the young-uns singing at the same speed as the rest of us.. Or shall we just send Dolly and Vicky in there with their handbags to sort the buggers out? :fear::handbags:

the young uns near the netting are part of forza and do a great job, just maybe a bit fast, maybe we need to buy em a giant metronome

the young uns near the netting are part of forza and do a great job, just maybe a bit fast, maybe we need to buy em a giant metronome

A 'bit' fast?? Thats an undersatement Flaxy if ever I heard one. The do a very good job and sing / chant most of the game, but need to slow down abit.

Thought the EE was decent yesterday. Admittedly, not the best it has been but it certainly wasn't bad. The only thing we need to improve in there is to get all us singers together and slow the kids down. If the other stands don't want to join in then that's up to them.

if you don't like the critisism why don't you ask gary johnson to stop asking the crowd to lift the players?

or is he being holier than thou too?

I was there, home and away, during the dark days of the early 80's and don't need telling how to support my team.

I was in the old East End for 20 years plus and it's a myth that it was a constant cacophany of support.

The atmosphere could indeed be great but it was mostly due to a few hundred "boys in the middle" and there was a fairly small repertoire of songs, mostly short chants. The heightened expectation of infiltration from mobs of away fans also lent a "special" atmosphere.

Always had it's fair share of moaners and there were often disagreements in the packed area behind the goal because of the pushing and shoving that led to fights between fellow City fans.

The older chanters moved out to the Park End to challenge the away fans and one rainy day even returned en masse to the back corner of the East End to chant AT the Eastenders.

It's great to see City fans in there rather than rows of empty seats but trying to recreate something that never, or at least rarely ever was is a non starter.

It's not choir practice so to go in there and "sing songs" is a bit baffling, just chant and chant loudly as one and the 21st Century East End will evolve it's own mythology from the new generation and those who have chosen to go back.

:clapping: This must be close to being the definitive posting on this subject.

I didnt experience the EE back in the day - grew up in Torquay where we had our own bit of ground - the mini stand - ha ha - that we defended against away supporter infiltration etc etc and, being full of kids from the big council estates that existed back then, at times it felt like the place was rocking - but it wasnt always like that. Thing is - if i went back there now, i'd almost certainly scoff at what the current crop of supporters get up to, and start banging on about how it was back then..... :fastasleep: Who would care? people are, and should only be, interested in what it is now, and how good it can be in the future.

If we want the EE to sound louder something has to give between the pillar-huggers and the netting boys - simple as that. Is there any reason why the lot by the pillar cant move into a more central position in the interests of EE unity?

Anyway, I'm loving it in the EE again this season - if a song or chant comes along, just jump on it and its amazing how many people around you will spontaneously join in. 'F8ck off back to Shepherds Bush' being a prime example.

Only dissapointment on Sat was missing the 'surge' towards the QPR fans when we scored - always a highlight. Hope those panels get fixed soon!!

obssessed and paranoid?

of course your initial post was about the eastend and people in the eastend

who else are the "sheep" singing at the early leavers in the Dolman?

I did make reference to 'that' chant but only because I don't get it? Why do you chant at your own fans especially as many don't leave and just stand at the front! Not to mention the EE has it's own fair share of early leavers, but we won't mention that eh!

I actually think the EE is a good thing and as added atmosphere and improved the general experience for all on a match day, but it's not this mecca you try and force down everyone's throat. I think it this superiority complex you display is what gets peoples backs up.

Would I sit in there? Not in a million years as I actually like to see the match but each to there own I say.... And thats where we differ. I don't feel the need to berate and belittle fellow fans for doing things differently, as where you have this uncontrollable urge to tell anyone who isn't an 'eastender' they're anti EE and the scum of the earth.

You'd do your cause far more good if you leaned to relax and listen rather than firing off the same moronic anti EE claims everytime you fear your beloved stand is under attack.

I've always found chants aimed at early leavers annoying, and strangely some of the people that get so upset by it, are the same who make such a fuss about how they should be able to stand.

As ever, if people want to go early that's up to them. I really think this is such a pointless non-issue.

No its not a piontless issue. people leaving early is annoying, I got up 3 different times to let people out with 5mins + to go........QPR down to 10 men City all over them and people want to leave.........where r they going...its a saturday night for gods sake.....sit down and wait for the whistle. If people want to leave early don't bloody come....... :grr:

i was thinking over the seaons how much football they must missed leaving early like saturday it was 10mins because the overtime we got

so imagine how many minute over the seaons they missed i reckon it could be at least 2 games worht of minute but leaving early

I did make reference to 'that' chant but only because I don't get it? Why do you chant at your own fans especially as many don't leave and just stand at the front! Not to mention the EE has it's own fair share of early leavers, but we won't mention that eh!

I actually think the EE is a good thing and as added atmosphere and improved the general experience for all on a match day, but it's not this mecca you try and force down everyone's throat. I think it this superiority complex you display is what gets peoples backs up.

Would I sit in there? Not in a million years as I actually like to see the match but each to there own I say.... And thats where we differ. I don't feel the need to berate and belittle fellow fans for doing things differently, as where you have this uncontrollable urge to tell anyone who isn't an 'eastender' they're anti EE and the scum of the earth.

You'd do your cause far more good if you leaned to relax and listen rather than firing off the same moronic anti EE claims everytime you fear your beloved stand is under attack.

paranoid, obsessive now moronic, crumbs.

why don't take your own advice about relaxing and listening to others? or maybe even do something positive for the club?

anything other than making your usual sneering posts.

paranoid, obsessive now moronic, crumbs.

why don't take your own advice about relaxing and listening to others? or maybe even do something positive for the club?

I do that every season by buying a season ticket,buying merchandise ect, what else do you suggest I should be doing?

By the way I'm very relaxed thanks and I would love to listen to what you've got to say if you were actually capable of replying with something of substance and interest, all you seem to do is repeat what Ive said and dodge all the points Ive made in the previous post? pointless :bored:

Please humour me and tell what you've done positive for the club ?

No its not a piontless issue. people leaving early is annoying, I got up 3 different times to let people out with 5mins + to go........QPR down to 10 men City all over them and people want to leave.........where r they going...its a saturday night for gods sake.....sit down and wait for the whistle. If people want to leave early don't bloody come.......

That doesn't even warrant a serious reply :wacko:

i was thinking over the seaons how much football they must missed leaving early like saturday it was 10mins because the overtime we got

so imagine how many minute over the seaons they missed i reckon it could be at least 2 games worht of minute but leaving early

Well i watched the derby game on sky, and it was actually worse before half time. People started drifting towards the DOLMAN bar and to concourses in the ATYEO at 40 minutes, even when there had been a long stoppage for Mcombes injury, and the atmosphere really died a death.

dolman?!

i never knew there was that many fans that leave early.. u pay for the game.. stay and use get your moneys worth u

moany farts.

:ranting:

yes they pay for the game, so **** off and let people do what they want. have you sat in the dolman young child?

its got 2 exits! its the worst built stand i have ever sat in. if there was a fire 50% would die!!!

for a lot of people missing a couple of minutes of football isnt the end of the world. shock horror!!!!!!

i have never left early but i understand why people do it. and it really really really ***** me off that little people like you think you are so much better than those who leave early, quite a few leave early in the atyeo and the williams but as there are loads of exits you don't see them all queing to get out!

and a lot who leave early go to the bottom and wait in the corner ready to make a quick escape when the whistle goes

everyone prefers people who come on here to moan about there fellow supporters more than fans who pay there money like everyone else but leave a few minutes before the game finishes.... why is that?

No its not a piontless issue. people leaving early is annoying, I got up 3 different times to let people out with 5mins + to go........QPR down to 10 men City all over them and people want to leave.........where r they going...its a saturday night for gods sake.....sit down and wait for the whistle. If people want to leave early don't bloody come....... :grr:

To be honest, I get more annoyed at people strolling IN as the game has just started - 1st or 2nd half.

Whilst not everyone, there are sometimes good reasons why people have to leave early .

well judging by the manager's and chairmen's programme notes apparantly you do
Sorry, I must have missed that. Please tell me where they said that they don't want fans who hardly miss a home game in 30 years, having a season ticket for most of it, or buy shares when the Club is facing bankruptcy, or who raise money at that same time. Claiming to have followed City for 121 years, and singing a bit does not make you some sort of super fan, so please stop being so condescending to fellow fans, and respect ALL fans who pay their money and support the team.

I do that every season by buying a season ticket,buying merchandise ect, what else do you suggest I should be doing?

By the way I'm very relaxed thanks and I would love to listen to what you've got to say if you were actually capable of replying with something of substance and interest, all you seem to do is repeat what Ive said and dodge all the points Ive made in the previous post? pointless :bored:

Please humour me and tell what you've done positive for the club ?

what does etc include? sneering comments about the eastend and people who go in the eastend? dull negative comments about people not wanting their enjoyment of the game interrupted by early leavers or those that choose to ignore gary johnson's pleas for fans to stay until the end and get behind the team?

Archived