IGNORED

'hahaha' Moments At Matches

dezgimed

Right, this is Andy082005 by the way....just on my dads PC

Um singing "your just a small town in asia" is hardly abusive or racist though is it??? its not as if its a chant about the colour of their skin? etc

Ive heard a lot worse chanted at football then "your just a small town in Asia".....

Welcome to politcally correct Britain in the 21st century :disapointed2se:

Erm, yes, it is racist - albeit slightly more refined than 'You're just a town full of p****" which thankfully has died a death. Just as the 'hilarious' comments we get every time Mr Singh comes to referee are racist. Top tip - if you wouldn't sing it if you were sat next to a massive Asian bloke, it's probably best not on to sing it at all (not that you said you did, to be fair).

the small town in <insert relevent/ or in most cases completely irrellevent comment> is usually a responce to small town in wales... does anybody see that as racist??? it is exactly the same though... sort of

nd i never hear much racism when singh comes.... i did here one guy think better of what ever he was going to say once... he stood up and screamed "referee you Fu****g ........." and the sat down, after a decent silence the guy behind pipep up with "Tw**" to complete the sentence... made i larf i must say

and some mug spelt C-I-T-Y, C-Y-T-Y at stoke once :innocent06:

Erm, yes, it is racist - albeit slightly more refined than 'You're just a town full of p****" which thankfully has died a death. Just as the 'hilarious' comments we get every time Mr Singh comes to referee are racist. Top tip - if you wouldn't sing it if you were sat next to a massive Asian bloke, it's probably best not on to sing it at all (not that you said you did, to be fair).

I wasnt at that game, so couldnt have sung it....but no your right, I wouldnt have sung it anyway if I was next to a big Asian bloke.....

I would class it as offensive and rude....but wouldnt say its racist, thats all. So is it racist when teams have sung in the past that we are Welsh?? chants like "your welsh....and you know you are" :dunno:

Anyway, more to the topic.....I can remember a few years ago, maybe about 8/9 years ago, a little mascot, all decked out in City kit...couldnt have been no older then 5.....during the pre-match warm up, very slowly running the length of the pitch with the ball....the crowd getting more and more excited as he got to the goal by the EE.....before literally walking it into the net and everyone cheering and singing "1-0...to the City boys....1-0"

My personal favouirite came away at Torquay in the league cup (first round) about 10 years ago now. The away end is a dump and for some reason the home side were warming up in front of our support in the away end (which was full btw). The Torquay goalie whose name escapes me was lets just say nearing the end of his career and had the physique of a Professional Darts player than professional football player. Watching him bouncing around the penalty area was amusing enough and cue the chants of "You Fat B*****D" in which he turns around and starts conducting us as if an orchestra. As the chants and abuse then steps up a notch a half eaten pasty is thrown at him (nearly missing his head) and lands by the penalty spot. His response rather than alerting the nearby local plod was to go over to it, pick it up turn around and start eating it with a big thumbs up !

He finished it as well. Top bloke. The city fans gave him a great cheer and he had won them over. Not many characters like that left in the game any more alas.

Erm, no, it isn't racist!

It is an intended amusing way of pointing out that Leicester has a large Asian population - which is a statement of fact. Also given that the comment was not directed at that said Asian community, there is absolutely no way that it could be construed as being racist.

Some people need to get a life.

I do not remenber which match, but last season a cat ran across the pitch and started going mental because of everyone was in full voice...

... fortunatly it was caught by a steward ( well done that man )

:clapping:

Wasn't it Sheffield United? Or maybe Man City?

A couple of seasons back the groundsmen struggled to get the temporary goalpost out infront of the Wedlock, anyone remember this??

I remember. Took them bloody ages to get it out aswell.

Why the hell is that racist??? :noexpression:

I didn't think it was racist if I'm honest. It was to show them watch a stupid and uneducated thing it is to sing, "Your a small town in Asia". In over words, telling them to catch up on their geography skills.

Why the hell is that racist??? :noexpression:

haha, race cracks me up, Britain is so crap these days, you can't fart without being racist.

So its ok to chant about someone being a pikey, people being w******, gay's (ie Brighton), sheep sha**** (which nobody bats an eye at), kiddy fiddlers (ie Norwich for about 30 non stop), but when you mention colour... oh, thats it.........

Worlds gone bonkers. You give it, you take it, man up.

Oldies but goodies. Some not on the pitch, but still funny:

1. Rob Newman, way back in the 80s (for those who don't rememer Rob, he was MASSIVE), running at full tilt collided with the sub from the other team (?? Brentford ??) who was about 5'2". Sub staggers around dazed, no idea where he is, like he's p1ssed. Absolutely forkin' hilarious...except for the sub.

2. nothing funny about a rumble at the Gate, Millwall I think, except some kn0b running down the steps from the Dolman to join in falls over and goes ar5e over tip down the steps and has to be helped by the geriatrics from St John's ambulance...there's a certain irony there...

3. (early 90s) Me yelling at Super Gas Alexander after 80 mins of a derby "Oi, Alexander, you ugly c$nt, isn't it about time you got sent off?!?!". 2 mins later he handballs on the line, walks off in front of City fans who all think I'm Mystic Meg. Then Tinman scores the pen and comes and dances round the corner flag in front of me...I WON THAT GAME! :winner_third_h4h:

4. Someone in the old Enclosure yelling something that was a) rude and b) p1ss funny just as Rob Newman (yes, him again) was about to take a throw...and Newman's laughing so much he drops the ball

5. Swindon away, p1ssing it down, bloke next to me in the away end complaining about how wet he's getting, says he had the chance to get a seat in the (covered) main stand but turned it down to save £3. Bloke says "£3?? It's going to cost me more than that in pneumonia tablets". About 100+ City fans totally double up. Whoever you are, mate, that was forking superb...Pneumonia tablets... :worship2:

My personal favouirite came away at Torquay in the league cup (first round) about 10 years ago now. The away end is a dump and for some reason the home side were warming up in front of our support in the away end (which was full btw). The Torquay goalie whose name escapes me was lets just say nearing the end of his career and had the physique of a Professional Darts player than professional football player. Watching him bouncing around the penalty area was amusing enough and cue the chants of "You Fat B*****D" in which he turns around and starts conducting us as if an orchestra. As the chants and abuse then steps up a notch a half eaten pasty is thrown at him (nearly missing his head) and lands by the penalty spot. His response rather than alerting the nearby local plod was to go over to it, pick it up turn around and start eating it with a big thumbs up !

He finished it as well. Top bloke. The city fans gave him a great cheer and he had won them over. Not many characters like that left in the game any more alas.

Haha, that sounds quality.

Guest MaloneFM

The collossus that was Sir Shaun Taylor against Oldham.

Ball comes over from a corner, big Shaun launches himself at it, swings a meat cleaver arm and bats it out of play with a perfect left hook. 'Oh blimey' thinks the collective behind the goal Sir Shaun has given away a stone cold bolted on penalty' and the Oldham players took the same view until Sir Shaun turned to the Atyeo put his fingers to his lips and went 'Ssshhhh'.

Another corner.

At cheltenham about 4 years ago.

Scott Murray kicked a football into the walkway alongside the pitch. A supporter carrying his chips got hit in the hands and the chips went flying up into the air!

Scott came over to apologise to the supporter who was red faced with embarrassment and covered in Ketchup.

Target Boy & Associated friends at Swindon maybe 4-5 years ago

Haha, damn, I was going to mention both of these. Couldn't stop laughing on both occasions, particularly at Cheltenham, though I thought it was a burger that went clean out of his hand. What goes around comes around as five minutes later we scored and the old bloke in front of us launched his tea over me.

There was a similar occurrence at Walsall away (same season the WMP were being heavy handed) although it was outside the ground on the main road after the game. This really fat bloke came running past us in the pouring rain carrying two arm-fulls of McDonalds meals looking really pleased with himself. Just after he got past us he slipped, skidded and dropped it all over the kerb then started crying. You had to be there but it was hilarious.

When Benny was manager we had away trips to Oxford and Portsmouth when both clubs were in financial trouble. The away terrace on both occasions to a man sung "You're not getting paid" to anyone who came anywhere near our end, particularly the groundsmen doing the penalty area at half time. At Oxford I think even he laughed.

When Osman was manager we had a pre-season friendly against the Gas at Ashton Gate - sorry, the Gloucestershire Cup - and at one point trying to save a shot of ours their dopey looking keeper somehow managed to fall backwards into the goal arse over tit and get his boots caught in the side netting so he was hung upside down like a bear trap. A defender had to help him get untangled. All in front of the East End. Absolutely mint, he got so much stick.

No one else will have seen this one but when we lost away at Cambridge about six or seven years ago (what a treat) and we were in the B&Q carpark next to the Abbey ground after the game, I was on my mobile to Geoff Twentyman and was about to go live on air when my mate unloaded a fire extinguisher over me. Geoff said I got cut off but that's not the truth.

There was that derby game where Tony Robinson came out at half time in character as Baldrick and had a microphone and the crowd bated him with "Can you hear Baldrick sing, I can't hear a ###### thing" and he switched on the mic and broadcast across the stadium "Can you hear Baldrick sing, yes you ###### can". Absolutely quality.

Finally, I've only heard it at one game during the few years that I used to sit in the Atyeo but the first time I heard a bunch of lads in some boring deadly quiet game singing something like "running round the rovers with our willies hanging out singing... I've got a bigger one than you" I cracked up.

There was also a guy in the Atyeo who wore a black ski hat, Block D I guess, who used to wait for the quietest point in a game and then stand up and shout something to get an opposition players attention, like "Caskey you never made it" or "Hessenthaler you ugly smurf". I haven't sat in the Atyeo in about 5 or 6 years so don't know if he still does.

Oh and for the record I think the small town in Asia chant is offensive, but what are you going to do. People do like to justify their moronic behaviour by whining about everything becoming PC 'cause "it wasn't like this in the old days", which is a load of hot air because a) people showed more respect in the old days and b) all that's changed is the country has become more multi cultural. It's no more PC, respect is actually at an all time low, it's just less appropriate now because it offends more people. Either way, unless you don't get to many matches it's pretty sad for that to be the funniest thing seen following city.

haha, race cracks me up, Britain is so crap these days, you can't fart without being racist.

So its ok to chant about someone being a pikey, people being w******, gay's (ie Brighton), sheep sha**** (which nobody bats an eye at), kiddy fiddlers (ie Norwich for about 30 non stop), but when you mention colour... oh, thats it.........

Worlds gone bonkers. You give it, you take it, man up.

What ever happened to "wheres ure popadom" every time we went any where past redditch up north!!!!!!!!What does stick in my mind was going to blackburn years ago and david speedies grinnin in the box as i shout arnt you 1 of the railway children?HE SCORES A HATRICK and gives me the w?nker sign.few years later,Norwich away in the cup,-speedy you w?nker i shout only to have him gesture back again.Birmingham city on a tues at home.4.0 to us .Speedie you w?nker i shout from the touchline at half time.What did i get??!!!!!!!!!!!

There was also a guy in the Atyeo who wore a black ski hat, Block D I guess, who used to wait for the quietest point in a game and then stand up and shout something to get an opposition players attention, like "Caskey you never made it" or "Hessenthaler you ugly smurf". I haven't sat in the Atyeo in about 5 or 6 years so don't know if he still does.

that guy has hero status amongst me and my friends, my favourite of his quotes are

"lino you grey haired salmon"

"ref, youve only got a beard cos you mother had one"

and

"booth, you never made it you sex offender"

1. S****horpe away, maybe 5 years ago, when some gert big bird flew on to the pitch and the usual comedy commenced of players trying to catch it only for it to get away. Delayed the game for 5 minutes and made I larf.

2. The 'Ginger Surprise' song aimed at our very own steward Mick Hucknall a couple of seasons back.

that guy has hero status amongst me and my friends, my favourite of his quotes are

"lino you grey haired salmon"

"ref, youve only got a beard cos you mother had one"

and

"booth, you never made it you sex offender"

There's a guy similar near my friend in Dolman L block!

Shouts random crap!

''Stick um in the car park!''

''Not so cleverly Mr McEverly!''

''Robbie Savage you scottish wannabe gypo!''

''McEverly, you're turning into a Robbie Savage without any hair!''

Archived