IGNORED

Right For The Team But Not The Dressing Room?

headhunter

Bringing on Vasko against a front line of Campbell and Windass would have seen us lose by several. He was very shakey as a defender and leaving him up against massive pace and huge experience would have been idiotic.

I don't agree, Vasko is good enough to play for his country so why not Bristol City? I see no reason why he couldn't of come on and done job for us when Orr was injured, what was the point of putting him in the squad if Johnson didn't trust him up against Windass and Campbell?

If you think that GJ is playing his son just because he's his son and not because he honestly believes the team functions better with him in the side then frankly you're showing a complete lack of understanding of the game and doing a great disservice to the best manager we've had in my lifetime.

Nonsense. My issue is the fact that people like Noble can't even get on the bench whilst Johnson starts regardless of form. I've already conceeded Johnson is a good manager I just feel he's blinkered when comes to his son, sorry but that's how I feel.

Firstly his set pieces are excellent and create goals,

Another Johnson myth, his set peices are average at best, how many of his corners harmlessly float into the keepers arms or hit the first defender! When was the last time he scored from a free kick?

Secondly LJ makes himself available to the defenders ALL THE TIME. None of our other midfielders do this and when LJ isn't in the side the number of long balls they hit under pressure losing us possession far more often is noticeable even to the least observant - or so I thought

LJ is obviously instructed to do this, but let's not pretend its that difficult and couldn't be done by anyone else!

LJ isn't a perfect player by any stretch but he is a good one and the suggestion he's picked due to nepotism is absolutely ludicrous.

I've never said he shouldn't never play- period, I just don't get why he plays week in week out as he not that good compared to other cental players at the club.

to be honest if we were to have a New Manager at The City Ground At Some Point In The Future then I would ask for Sir Bobby Charlton he's done a lot for Man United and England FC in the past and has got both Teams to where they are now and to be honest at the moment I would trust Sir Bobby's Managerial Expert Advice.

I don't agree, Vasko is good enough to play for his country so why not Bristol City? I see no reason why he couldn't of come on and done job for us when Orr was injured, what was the point of putting him in the squad if Johnson didn't trust him up against Windass and Campbell?

Just because he plays a few games for Hungary, doesn't make him good enough for Championship Football, I think the fact that we didn't sign him on perm for the 100k he would have cost, sums up perfectly that he wasn't good enough for Bristol City and was only on the bench for Wembley because of the last min problems with McCombe.

As for being trusted against Windass and Campbell.......Christ No, he would have got ripped to pieces, simple fact is, Vasko was poor on too many occasions and was a desperate sub due to no decent alternatives.

As others have the defensive side had already been weakened due to the absence of McCombe and Orr, the last thing we would should have done is weaker the defence by moving our best defender into a unfamilar position that he played years ago.

Your very much clutching at any straws you can......and your doing it BADLY

He was the only other fit defender and whether he plays for his country or not isn't really relevant, Windass and Campbell would have eaten him for breakfast.

Nonsense. My issue is the fact that people like Noble can't even get on the bench whilst Johnson starts regardless of form. I've already conceeded Johnson is a good manager I just feel he's blinkered when comes to his son, sorry but that's how I feel.

Noble is a good player who fights a seemingly endless battle with fitness and was best buds with Richard "likes a drink" Keogh. Together they formed the fat club at the start of last season. I'd suggest that there are plenty of reasons Noble might not be in the side that don't support your assinine nepotism idea.

Another Johnson myth, his set peices are average at best, how many of his corners harmlessly float into the keepers arms or hit the first defender! When was the last time he scored from a free kick?

Not a myth at all, we are much more dangerous from set pieces with LJ taking them then we ever were with Tinnion or Bell behind the ball. It's his organisation of them as much as his ability to strike a dead ball.

LJ is obviously instructed to do this, but let's not pretend its that difficult and couldn't be done by anyone else!

Then why isn't it? Why whenever LJ is not on the pitch is there NO midfielder available to the centre halves short or supporting the wingers inside? Why do we hit far more long aimless punts without him on the pitch? Is it perhaps because someone like Carle or Noble doesn't have the legs to make it up and down the pitch?

I've never said he shouldn't never play- period, I just don't get why he plays week in week out as he not that good compared to other cental players at the club.

You have a different opinion of his ability. Fine. Why does that mean he's only in the side because he's the manager's son? Why isn't it just the same as any other selection you feel is wrong?

Then why isn't it? Why whenever LJ is not on the pitch is there NO midfielder available to the centre halves short or supporting the wingers inside? Why do we hit far more long aimless punts without him on the pitch? Is it perhaps because someone like Carle or Noble doesn't have the legs to make it up and down the pitch?

Absolutely. A common complaint at the end of last season was that the defenders were often going long. At the time I seem to remember Dele was getting the blame cos having a big man up front gave the defence the easy option to go long. No-one seemed to notice that LJ was missing at the time. At the start of this season we still have Dele up front but I've not seen anyone complaining about us going long ball. Is that because LJ picks it up from the defence.?

Nibor makes a very good point - When he was injured last season, the defenders hit it long, time after time after time, and 9 times out of ten it cleared everyone and went to either the keeper or bounced out harmlessly for a goal kick. very frustrating to watch!!

I suppose it depends on how you view having to carry out your chosen profession with braindead halfwits shouting abuse at you at every possible opportunity, doesn't it?

Not having a go here just wondering do you or anyone think that he has any idea about the amount of debate/abuse that he gets on here? I imagine he must hear the odd shout from the stand but he wont be the only one who gets abuse from the fans.

For the record I think he does a decent job and like others would be a much bigger fan if he stopped giving the ball away around our penalty area!

There was someone else on another thread complaining that his assists only came from set pieces...

You honestly think that our manager who has a player that has been the creative force of every single promotion winning team he's had and our successful season last year of picking that player based on his blood relationship to him?

He's picking that player because that player has constantly delivered for him over a 6-7 year period.

He was the only other fit defender and whether he plays for his country or not isn't really relevant, Windass and Campbell would have eaten him for breakfast.

Thats purely subjective and your opinion. I don't agree and on the plus side Vasko would also given us more threat from Corners/set pieces which we sorely missed that day with the illness to McCombe.

Noble is a good player who fights a seemingly endless battle with fitness and was best buds with Richard "likes a drink" Keogh. Together they formed the fat club at the start of last season. I'd suggest that there are plenty of reasons Noble might not be in the side that don't support your assinine nepotism idea.

Again it's all rumour and myth with you, how do you know Noble isn't fit enough to play because he drinks to much? I can I possibly reply to that as I don't know the first thing that happens behind the closed door at Ashton Gate, if you do please share. I'd if Noble is a 'drinker' as you suggested why hasn't Johnson kicked his arse out the door along time ago.

Not a myth at all, we are much more dangerous from set pieces with LJ taking them then we ever were with Tinnion or Bell behind the ball. It's his organisation of them as much as his ability to strike a dead ball.

I don't think you can credit Lee J with the organisation of set pieces Nibor! surely thats organised and arranged by the Gary and his team in training.

why isn't it? Why whenever LJ is not on the pitch is there NO midfielder available to the centre halves short or supporting the wingers inside? Why do we hit far more long aimless punts without him on the pitch? Is it perhaps because someone like Carle or Noble doesn't have the legs to make it up and down the pitch?Then why isn't it? Why whenever LJ is not on the pitch is there NO midfielder available to the centre halves short or supporting the wingers inside? Why do we hit far more long aimless punts without him on the pitch? Is it perhaps because someone like Carle or Noble doesn't have the legs to make it up and down the pitch?

I don't know you'd have to talk to Gary to why this doesn't happen with Lee out the side, lets be honest though, dropping deep and taking the ball under no pressure is hardly a difficult task. May be you have a point with fitness but that would suggest that only LJ out of every midfield player is 100% fit. And we already know that isn't true

a different opinion of his ability. Fine. Why does that mean he's only in the side because he's the manager's son? Why isn't it just the same as any other selection you feel is wrong?

In fairness I've never used the word nepotism, others have on my behalf!

What I have said is as a father it's only natural Gary J will automatically in his subconscious as a human will favour his own son, that's just a fact of life- surely someone can understand the point I'm making?

Lee Johnson is a okay footballer and as a role to play in the squad, I have no problem with that, but I do have problem with the fact he seems to be one of the first names on the team sheet every week regardless of form or mistakes he may make .

Nevertheless Nibor thanks for replying with something of substance rather than the other ****less fools who rather just tell me I'm can't support Bristol City because you don't have your nose wedge 6 inches up Gary Johnson arse :noexpression:

There maybe a chance that I am wrong and LJ is this amazing play maker in our side that we just can't live without, I will watch more carefully in future matches and will be big enough to admit I'm wrong if I see anything that changes my mind.

Thats purely subjective and your opinion. I don't agree and on the plus side Vasko would also given us more threat from Corners/set pieces which we sorely missed that day with the illness to McCombe.

Again it's all rumour and myth with you, how do you know Noble isn't fit enough to play because he drinks to much? I can I possibly reply to that as I don't know the first thing that happens behind the closed door at Ashton Gate, if you do please share. I'd if Noble is a 'drinker' as you suggested why hasn't Johnson kicked his arse out the door along time ago.

I don't think you can credit Lee J with the organisation of set pieces Nibor! surely thats organised and arranged by the Gary and his team in training.

I don't know you'd have to talk to Gary to why this doesn't happen with Lee out the side, lets be honest though, dropping deep and taking the ball under no pressure is hardly a difficult task. May be you have a point with fitness but that would suggest that only LJ out of every midfield player is 100% fit. And we already know that isn't true

In fairness I've never used the word nepotism, others have on my behalf!

What I have said is as a father it's only natural Gary J will automatically in his subconscious as a human will favour his own son, that's just a fact of life- surely someone can understand the point I'm making?

Lee Johnson is a okay footballer and as a role to play in the squad, I have no problem with that, but I do have problem with the fact he seems to be one of the first names on the team sheet every week regardless of form or mistakes he may make .

Nevertheless Nibor thanks for replying with something of substance rather than the other ****less fools who rather just tell me I'm can't support Bristol City because you don't have your nose wedge 6 inches up Gary Johnson arse :noexpression:

There maybe a chance that I am wrong and LJ is this amazing play maker in our side that we just can't live without, I will watch more carefully in future matches and will be big enough to admit I'm wrong if I see anything that changes my mind.

An excellent exchange in my view.

It's usually fun disagreeing with you Seend - I've criticised LJ on occasion too and I had hoped to see us sign someone to at least give him a real run for his money in the centre. I just don't think he's in the side due to any family relationships. I'll be interested to see how he does this season.

Archived