IGNORED

Andy Murray

Ian M

Did any of you cheer on Scotland in there game with Macedonia yesterday?

I very doubt you didnt so why would you wanna cheer on Andy Murray?

I for one hope Rafael Nadal wakes up and comes out and beats him in 5 sets

Andy Murray is representing Britain. Not Scotland. I presume you wanted Chris Hoy to crash at the Olympics then?

Andy Murray is representing Britain. Not Scotland. I presume you wanted Chris Hoy to crash at the Olympics then?

I dint really follow the Olympics just because of all this Britain stuff why are we untied at things like the Olympics but not the world cup?

Also when it was mentioned we should have a British football team at London 2012 the amount of Scottish people who said no way they should go alone is quite high so why should we follow one of the tennis stars

This isn't the Davis Cup, Andy Murray is representing himself, not Britain.

The Professional Tennis circuit is an individual sport, the money and glory going to that individual only.

This is nothing to do with being anti-Scottish, just whether someone so openly anti-English deserves our support as he harvests in his millions.

This is nothing to do with being anti-Scottish, just whether someone so openly anti-English deserves our support as he harvests in his millions.

I support him because I'm British. As is he. Simple as that really.

As for the anti-English rubbish, that's patently untrue for the reasons stated by somebody earlier in this thread.

I support him because I'm British. As is he. Simple as that really.

Up to you, but I reckon Murray considers himself Scottish rather than British.

As for the anti-English rubbish, that's patently untrue for the reasons stated by somebody earlier in this thread.

I've challenged that above. It is not patently untrue at all, it was quoted in the papers and it was on the radio. There isn't the slightest doubt about it.

• Admin

I've challenged that above. It is not patently untrue at all, it was quoted in the papers and it was on the radio. There isn't the slightest doubt about it.

You challenged that it wasn't said which clearly it was but in response to a leading question as I outlined in a different reply above.

• Admin
I dint really follow the Olympics just because of all this Britain stuff why are we untied at things like the Olympics but not the world cup?

Also when it was mentioned we should have a British football team at London 2012 the amount of Scottish people who said no way they should go alone is quite high so why should we follow one of the tennis stars

It's quite simple, in some sports (such as football and rugby) all of the home nations have their own association and compete individually. In other sports (such as tennis & athletics) there is just a British association so we compete as Britain. I choose to support England in sports where I can, and Britain in sports where I can't.

Why would you wanna cheer on the Spanish?

• Admin
I don't care if he is more Scottish than British etc- he is great to watch and what a match tonight. Well done to the lad and has proved lots wrong.

Too true, some of the tennis he produced tonight was truly world class stuff and towards the end of the match Nadal was being completely bossed and had no answer.

The other favourite line of those who don't like him is to criticise his dour personality, but as you put it, "he is great to watch" playing tennis, it's not like I want to spend a night down the pub with him, who cares about his personality?

Hey, we know we suck, we're not even trying. It's all about getting 4-5 seasons of 1st choice draft picks then dominating for a decade :P

Ah, we've got a Dolfan on here have we? Tut tut, you should know better. ;) Hey, you had your uses last season. Primarily giving us the occasional win! But seriously, I hate you more than the Patsies... and that's saying something!! :laugh:

Ah, we've got a Dolfan on here have we? Tut tut, you should know better. ;) Hey, you had your uses last season. Primarily giving us the occasional win! But seriously, I hate you more than the Patsies... and that's saying something!! :laugh:

Well we've had the perfect season, we thought we might try to readdress the balance. I was going to post something regarding the decrepit old man you have starting as QB, but a has been is better than the bunch on never will be's that we've had...

he was bloody fantastic tonight/ last night

go on andy do britain proud :winner_third_h4h:

Watched a special match over the last two nights where both players gave their all . Murray finally broken the Nadal grip , at present and has reached his first Grand Slam Final . Well done to him for both events :winner_third_h4h:

As for the final , it should be as good as his semi - final against in my eyes still the best ( as Nadal's only just become No. 1 and has to win a few more tournaments / Grand Slams to win to be as good as Federer ) .

Forget the Scottish / British crap , stay up and be entertained in a fantastic sporting event and marvel at the way they ply their exceptional trade .

Mind games with Murray , possibly lots of ranting and raving .

Well we've had the perfect season, we thought we might try to readdress the balance. I was going to post something regarding the decrepit old man you have starting as QB, but a has been is better than the bunch on never will be's that we've had...

Ah yes, the perfect season. I think that was mentioned every 30 seconds at Wembley... :noexpression:

Old man he may be, but he'll do the job for the next couple of days whilse we bring through Ratliff, Clemens. Certainly better than Penny, who couldn't throw his way out of a wet paper bag. My nan could throw the ball further. ;)

• Admin
Does anyone not remember Murray stating he wanted England to LOSE when we were in Euro 2006?

Good luck to him, but I'm sorry I will not, and will never support someone so openly anti English.

Does somebody not read the previous replies to understand the context it was said in?

Federer 6-2 first set, 26 mins, ripping Murray a new one.

How smooth is the Fed Express . Experience showing at the moment . Lets not look for excuses but Murray already looks tired after the last two days and short of ideas . Fed's even on song with the big serve of Murrays .

Come on Murray still early days . :fingerscrossed:

Archived