IGNORED

Thank You Steve

Big Stan Hibbert

I enjoy our club being in the Championship, last season going lovely grounds instead of Brentford, Oldham, Cheltenham etc but not just going to them but winning at them!!! :winner_third_h4h:

However getting into the Prem would mean everything to this club and I see no reason why we should think otherwise.

I have reason to be thankful to SL. I've been fortunate enough through work to have run into him at two separate work conferences in London now. I had a couple of good chats with him, particularly when I told him I was from Downend and had been going down the ground for over 20 years now.

He's a terrific bloke, really down to earth and he is running our football club in a sound, responsible manner.

We've got a top manager, a good chairman but importantly the two have a mutual respect and a very strong working relationship.

That is something many clubs don't have and can't be underestimated in the reasons of how far we've come.

Just think only 2 seasons back we were going to the same sort of grounds that the little club of Bristol are visiting this season.

Now we're again riding high up near the top of the CCC and still aiming high.

Good times at this club, let's enjoy them and aim as high as we can under SL and GJ.

Two of us.

I put on a thread running up to the playoff final saying that if we lost it didn't really matter. Remember this was before the game.

It's the emperors new clothes. Anyone watching how Hull are doing by the way? So far sneered at and written off, millions spent and millions more asked to even survive. If Windass would have missed, if we would have won we would be struggling badly and the moaners would have a field day. The club would be bleeding money like it was no tomorrow and Sir Steve is a businessman so more than likely he would not be around. And just after Christmas neither would GJ.

Crystal ball uncle? No, Derby last season. The manager that took them up to the beating of a lifetime got the boot as soon as the rot set in. And you saw how they have improved under Jewell.

The Championship. Nail biting end of the season, real football supporters not glory hunters from Wales with new shirts on, reasonably priced tickets that you can actually buy on the day, players that actually give a toss that you can meet after games. A title that can actually be won by more than 2 sides. And we are supposed to care about that are we? Wether its tweedle dum or tweedle dee this year. Its a laughing stock the way it is in Scotland.

It's not lack of ambition if ambition means ruining the club for a season struggling against the Blackburns of this world and being destroyed by the Man Uniteds all the time some snot nosed little sod with a replica shirt with ROONEY on the back laughs.

The Premier League is a very dangerous place to be. Full of take overs by people with pockets of cash and no idea. Players with big bank balances and small hearts.

Stuff it. Give me a decent cup run any day.

I agreed with you at the time Sir Rog and still do. You could add that 90% of Prem games are of crap quality. It is the richest league in the world not the best. For quality of football top to bottom La Liga beats it for me.

The 39th game was just a stalking horse for an eventual world league which only a handful of Prem clubs will be allowed to join. The arrival of Arab billions merely hastens its arrival (notice by the way Scudamore's silence on the Man City takeover). I would welcome it. They can play in stadiums in the middle and far east to orchestrated crowds for the benefit of television and the remaining clubs here can get back to a proper unified league.

Archived