IGNORED

Thank You Steve

Big Stan Hibbert

Just saw the news about Keegan... Well with all the nonsense going on in the Premier League regarding managers not being able to manage their clubs due to investors getting too big for their boots, I just wanted to say thanks to Steve Lansdown. In a way, I'm glad we're not part of the shambles they call the Premier League. I'd be happy if they shut the doors on it right now.

Much prefer our way of doing things with local people, supporting their local club, run by a local businessman and a down to earth manager. That's what football is about. All this fantasy football might be great for a couple of years for those supporters of these franchises, but it will end in tears.

Cheers Steve.

• Admin

. . . you should listen to the Newcastle fans they believe they are the "local club" and connect with the club, mainly as they are the only top side in that city.

Don't kid yourself we would not be too down if someone came to our club and turned us into a top European team . . .

Just think thanking Steve for not getting us in the Prem is odd. . .

I just don't think the Prem is the be all and end all anymore...

The Championship is the place to be!!!

How can you say the Prem is not the be all and end all???

Getting in the prem would mean evrything to our club, i thought the same after hull but then i sat down and actually thought about what going up would really mean considering a few years back we were an average lower league side.

Yeppers, would not trade SL CS GJ KM PJ for ANYTHING... :worship2:

I don't really like foreign people with their stolen money being aloud to come into our Country, buy a football club and expect that utterly disgusting and obscene amounts of money will guarantee them success, because it wont ever happen.

Mega money is not a guaranteed 'Win Button' in football. It proves they don't have a clue, when Man City finish 7th outside the Euro spot I'll laugh my ruddy head off!

Newcastle fans are the most delusional fans in the entire world, they need to be told that obsessive compulsiveness doesn't mean they deserve success, they need to all get a frickin life!!

I wound hate to be a Newcastle player with 30'000 illiterate stalkers watching my every single move! Weirdo freaks. Newcastle....what a cesspit shithole.

How can you say the Prem is not the be all and end all???

Getting in the prem would mean evrything to our club, i thought the same after hull but then i sat down and actually thought about what going up would really mean considering a few years back we were an average lower league side.

It's quite simple really... ask the fans of Leeds, Bradford, Oldham, Leicester etc what the Prem did for them.

I just don't think the Prem is the be all and end all anymore...

The Championship is the place to be!!!

You must of been the only person who left Wembley in May with a smile then.

Totally agree about SL being a top bloke but the CCC the place to be? I don't believe you.

I wouldn't mind seeing my side up against the like's of West Ham and Newcastle!

Totally agree about SL being a top bloke but the CCC the place to be? I don't believe you.

Perhaps I'm just trying to make myself feel better and thinking hindsight is a wonderful thing :innocent06:

I just don't want any part of this fantasy football thanks. For me success can only be enjoyed when it is earnt. Not bought, with ridiculous sums of money. That is where the Premier League is nowadays and I don't want any part of it.

Damn, why was I so chuffed with the Maynard signing...?!?!? Now I'm arguing with myself. :tumbleweed:

Just saw the news about Keegan... Well with all the nonsense going on in the Premier League regarding managers not being able to manage their clubs due to investors getting too big for their boots, I just wanted to say thanks to Steve Lansdown. In a way, I'm glad we're not part of the shambles they call the Premier League. I'd be happy if they shut the doors on it right now.

Much prefer our way of doing things with local people, supporting their local club, run by a local businessman and a down to earth manager. That's what football is about. All this fantasy football might be great for a couple of years for those supporters of these franchises, but it will end in tears.

Cheers Steve.

I can't believe it i was just about to post the same thing!

Steve is a great chairman who clearly respects the club, gary and the fans and has shown his ambitions which has pleased everyone.

Thank you Steve and the board

Everyone wants promotion, and would like to try the Prem, but the point is that if we become one of these clubs with a rich owner, who buys a new squad of overpaid imports every year, with a manager sacked every six months, and ticket prices only available to the wealthy out of towners - what kind of football experience is that?!

And sod the Uefa cup, it's pointless and soulless!!

Lansdown hit the jackpot by letting Johnson have a free reign on this club from top to bottom, and now we fans believe. Life could be a lot worse, either up a league, or down.

Everyone wants promotion, and would like to try the Prem, but the point is that if we become one of these clubs with a rich owner, who buys a new squad of overpaid imports every year, with a manager sacked every six months, and ticket prices only available to the wealthy out of towners - what kind of football experience is that?!

Sounds like Derby. :disapointed2se:

Perhaps I'm just trying to make myself feel better and thinking hindsight is a wonderful thing :innocent06:

I just don't want any part of this fantasy football thanks. For me success can only be enjoyed when it is earnt. Not bought, with ridiculous sums of money. That is where the Premier League is nowadays and I don't want any part of it.

Damn, why was I so chuffed with the Maynard signing...?!?!? Now I'm arguing with myself. :tumbleweed:

I know the point your making but you shouldn't not want to see your team compete in the biggest league in the world just because the of a few merciless rich individuals who treat it as their playground.

I think it would be amazing to go to Eastlands and beat them on their own patch despite the Millions ploughed into them by the investment group from the U.A.E. !

If we're just going to be happy festering in the CCC we may as well pack up now!

I would like us to have a shot at the prem because I want us to be an established prem club

Depends what you want. Most established prem clubs have not a hope of winning anything and can never hope to be in the title race etc whereas at least the Championship is fairly open. You only have to look at a club like Wigan or Fulham- they are never going anywhere except trying to stay up and maybe finishing in an amazing 14th. That to them is a good season.

Unless you get in some billionaire with endless money who won't allow us to have someone like GJ in charge but their own 'yes' man, then we are unlikely to ever reach the top.

I think the origainal point of this thread is how grateful we should be to have SL in charge than some of the bunch that currently run prem clubs.

I'd rather be in the Prem with Steve Lansdown as chairman than pretty much any other chairman/owner in the prem, majority of them are completely and utter power/success hungry megalomanics who care for nothing but the glory of winning in Europe/the division.

I can think of 4/5 decent chairman/owners in the Prem, Gibson at Middlesboro, The Irish Gang at Sunderland, The Board at Blackburn and also Randy Lernar at Villa, these guys let the managers MANAGE, the rest interfere with the managers and are more interested in getting themselves in the public eye and the glory of being a premier league chairman than how there behaviour actually affects their club.

Guest MaloneFM

Two of us.

I put on a thread running up to the playoff final saying that if we lost it didn't really matter. Remember this was before the game.

It's the emperors new clothes. Anyone watching how Hull are doing by the way? So far sneered at and written off, millions spent and millions more asked to even survive. If Windass would have missed, if we would have won we would be struggling badly and the moaners would have a field day. The club would be bleeding money like it was no tomorrow and Sir Steve is a businessman so more than likely he would not be around. And just after Christmas neither would GJ.

Crystal ball uncle? No, Derby last season. The manager that took them up to the beating of a lifetime got the boot as soon as the rot set in. And you saw how they have improved under Jewell.

The Championship. Nail biting end of the season, real football supporters not glory hunters from Wales with new shirts on, reasonably priced tickets that you can actually buy on the day, players that actually give a toss that you can meet after games. A title that can actually be won by more than 2 sides. And we are supposed to care about that are we? Wether its tweedle dum or tweedle dee this year. Its a laughing stock the way it is in Scotland.

It's not lack of ambition if ambition means ruining the club for a season struggling against the Blackburns of this world and being destroyed by the Man Uniteds all the time some snot nosed little sod with a replica shirt with ROONEY on the back laughs.

The Premier League is a very dangerous place to be. Full of take overs by people with pockets of cash and no idea. Players with big bank balances and small hearts.

Stuff it. Give me a decent cup run any day.

Cheers Steve.

All the credit to Kevin for standing up against the billionaires (don't now how to spell it and maybe forgot a few 000).

The bottom line is that you have to forgive those guys for destroying the game.

If you are impotent and tired of sportscars - what else can you do??

Finishing 14th in the Premier league! Sounds bloody fantastic to me :dance:

Two of us.

I put on a thread running up to the playoff final saying that if we lost it didn't really matter. Remember this was before the game.

It's the emperors new clothes. Anyone watching how Hull are doing by the way? So far sneered at and written off, millions spent and millions more asked to even survive. If Windass would have missed, if we would have won we would be struggling badly and the moaners would have a field day. The club would be bleeding money like it was no tomorrow and Sir Steve is a businessman so more than likely he would not be around. And just after Christmas neither would GJ.

Crystal ball uncle? No, Derby last season. The manager that took them up to the beating of a lifetime got the boot as soon as the rot set in. And you saw how they have improved under Jewell.

The Championship. Nail biting end of the season, real football supporters not glory hunters from Wales with new shirts on, reasonably priced tickets that you can actually buy on the day, players that actually give a toss that you can meet after games. A title that can actually be won by more than 2 sides. And we are supposed to care about that are we? Wether its tweedle dum or tweedle dee this year. Its a laughing stock the way it is in Scotland.

It's not lack of ambition if ambition means ruining the club for a season struggling against the Blackburns of this world and being destroyed by the Man Uniteds all the time some snot nosed little sod with a replica shirt with ROONEY on the back laughs.

The Premier League is a very dangerous place to be. Full of take overs by people with pockets of cash and no idea. Players with big bank balances and small hearts.

Stuff it. Give me a decent cup run any day.

Three of us.

I didn't exactly leave Wembley happy but nor was I upset. I couldn't quite put my finger on it but I believe I was wistful. What could have been?!

But I really didn't mind. Why?

Well, Seend Red sums it up. Fourteenth place is no place. Where's the fun in that? I can't recall the last time that the last few games of a season were irrelevant.

I want us to play at the very highest level where we can compete. That means the Championship. I've said it before but if we get promotion I would love it, love it, if Lansdown said to the Premier League "Thanks. But no thanks. We'll stay here".

A city the size of ours deserves a Premier League club. Competing in the Premier League on not only a national stage but also a world stage would be a fantastic thing for our fair city. How many kids do we see in Bristol wearing a man u or Liverpool shirt? The only way to change that unfortunately is for us to be in the Premier League.

Three of us.

I didn't exactly leave Wembley happy but nor was I upset. I couldn't quite put my finger on it but I believe I was wistful. What could have been?!

But I really didn't mind. Why?

Well, Seend Red sums it up. Fourteenth place is no place. Where's the fun in that? I can't recall the last time that the last few games of a season were irrelevant.

I want us to play at the very highest level where we can compete. That means the Championship. I've said it before but if we get promotion I would love it, love it, if Lansdown said to the Premier League "Thanks. But no thanks. We'll stay here".

Thats 4 of us then. Just glad I wasn't the first to say it !!!. Left Wembley feeling totally non-plussed - neither happy or terribly upset - and you guys have summed it up perfectly why!

We are in a division that we can actually win, rather than be the whipping boys of the Prem with merecnary foreigners looking to sign for 35k a week and a release clause in case of relegation.

Bring on the Prem 2!!!

Thats 4 of us then. Just glad I wasn't the first to say it !!!. Left Wembley feeling totally non-plussed - neither happy or terribly upset - and you guys have summed it up perfectly why!

We are in a division that we can actually win, rather than be the whipping boys of the Prem with merecnary foreigners looking to sign for 35k a week and a release clause in case of relegation.

Bring on the Prem 2!!!

And there was me thinking I was signing my death warrant when I put up my original post! Thank you. At one point I thought I had finally lost the plot. :rolleyes:

I agree but wasn't too sure why I wasn't as upset as I thought I would be. Maybe cos it was such a great season that I'd be more than happy to experience it again - it was all new territory to us and we loved every minute of it. I think it'd be different if we had been in the Championship for 10 seasons and it was getting dull playing the same old teams each season and then to be that close only to lose in the final but lets not even think about that! We're on the up, the squad is looking stronger than ever and whilst we keep moving forward we have to accept that the Prem is our destiny IMO

Archived