IGNORED

Joey Barton - Bristol City Player?

Tim S

Ok Joey Barton today banned for 6 - possibly 12 matches......

Forget his off the field antics, is he actually any good as a player? Becuase I was wondering, now that Keegan has gone from Newcastle his chances of staying there under another manager are very slim - could we take advantage of this and pick up a premier league player for nothing?

Do you think Gary Johnson could get hold of him and sort him out? Possibly make a shrewd move for him becuase no doubt Newcastle will want shot off him. I know the transfer window is closed but if Newcastle were to terminate his contract (which seems on the cards) then we could easily pick him up.

Or am I crazy for even considering this? I know his is a little turd but he must be a half decent player to have played for Man City and Newcastle and for Kevin Keegan to have stuck by him and surely after so many inccidents Barton will have no choice to pull himself together, and under Johnson perhaps he is a man who can sort him out????

Forget his off the field antics, is he actually any good as a player? Becuase I was wondering, now that Keegan has gone from Newcastle his chances of staying there under another manager are very slim.

Do you think Gary Johnson could get hold of him and sort him out? Possibly make a shrewd move for him becuase no doubt Newcastle will want shot off him. I know the transfer window is closed but if Newcastle were to terminate his contract (which seems on the cards) then we could easily pick him up.

Or am I crazy for even considering this? I know his is a little turd but he must be a half decent player to have played for Man City and Newcastle and for Kevin Keegan to have stuck by him and surely after so many inccidents Barton will have no choice to pull himself together, and under Johnson perhaps he is a man who can sort him out????

I think you're a decent person but crazy! - no morality in the game so there would be a queue of Prem sides willing to take him, and Newcastle would sell him to recoup some of its investment which is why they welcomed him back to get him some game time - puts him in the shop window.

He is too good for the CCC despite being a psycotic scarse git

Ego too big

EGO?

This is the same lad, who always took his top off after the game and handed it to a lad in the away or home disabled area.

What makes you think he has a big ego?

Hes a frickin disgrace to the game and should be perma banned from Football.

Horrid little pikey thug.

disgrace to the game? so then, does that make brooker, brown, orr and partirdge a disgrace?!?!

no.. thought not mate.

He's scum, like his banged up brother.

Another harsh comment, his brother has done far worse than joey has.

EGO?

This is the same lad, who always took his top off after the game and handed it to a lad in the away or home disabled area.

What makes you think he has a big ego?

disgrace to the game? so then, does that make brooker, brown, orr and partirdge a disgrace?!?!

no.. thought not mate.

Another harsh comment, his brother has done far worse than joey has.

Agreed on all points - he's an arsehole but simply far too good a player to even consider any CCC club let alone BCFC, and in the context of the real world, what he's done over a period of time whilst a catalogue of 'badness' hardly makes him a Kray twin does it.

He stubbed a lit cigar in the eye/face of a Man City youth player at an Xmas party.

Make up your own mind.

I'd rather have a lit cigar in my eye than a axe embedded in my head.

two majorly different things..

both morally wrong the same but its not as bad as what his brother did.

THANKYOU.

Forget his off the field antics, is he actually any good as a player? Becuase I was wondering, now that Keegan has gone from Newcastle his chances of staying there under another manager are very slim - could we take advantage of this and pick up a premier league player for nothing?

It's not a bad idea but Barton would never come to us. For one he's too big a character for the dressing room and would not be the sort of player who would serve under gary - Barton has such a bit personality that he wouldnt get on with gary. He would get the club into the news for all the wrong reasons - that would surely put Lansdown off of him. He is a good player but is clearly a bad apple wherever he goes.

He'll be poached by a premier side where the individuals are more important than the team and where morality, personality and being a bad apple don't matter

Bloody Good player who City would have no chance of signing, even if we wanted him.

Off the field, there is no doubt the bloke is a prat, but considering his upbringing and where he grew up it's hardly surprising, the most important thing is though is that the lad stops drinking as thats' when most of his problems occur, then hopefully he can get on with his career and show everyone again what a good player he actually is and maybe even recreate the form that got him into the England squad (though considering his past he's unlikely to play again for England)

As for all the media hoo-ha recently about him, he's done his time, let him move on with his life and learn from his mistakes, It's amazing though considering some of the comments on here calling him scum etc, but have no issues with Orr or Brooker playing for City, double standards of the highest order.

As for all the media hoo-ha recently about him, he's done his time, let him move on with his life and learn from his mistakes, It's amazing though considering some of the comments on here calling him scum etc, but have no issues with Orr or Brooker playing for City, double standards of the highest order.

echos what i said earlier, no issue with brooker, brown orr etc, but slate barton.

what he did was a long time ago, he's still a great footballer, with bags of potential.

I'd rather have a lit cigar in my eye than a axe embedded in my head.

two majorly different things..

both morally wrong the same but its not as bad as what his brother did.

THANKYOU.

Are you a pleb?

I made no reference to what his brother did, I said they are both scum.

So thank you.

The difference between Brooker and Orr and Barton, is the fact that Brooks and Bradley have learned their lesson, made one mistake and got on with their careers. Barton just keeps on messing up. No thanks.

Incorrect.......Brooker and Orr both had previous convictions prior to going to jail.

Double Standards.

The only differences between the 3 players, is that ONE of them is a Premier League player and has played for England, whereas the other 2 were lower league players at time of offences.

He hasn't learnt his lesson.

Anyone see the look he gave Nasri just the other day? That look and ridiculously unnecessary tackle hardly make me think he's learnt his lesson.

To escape with just a 6 match ban with a further suspended 6 matches is unbelievable after all he's done.

To even consider signing him when we have King Marvin is a joke, I hope he never plays again.

Archived