IGNORED

The Bountyhunter

SecretSam

Before this goes down all the old fanzines magazines road

I think we should all say a big thank you to rob and his back room staff for still

keeping the OTIB fanzine going

I remember the cidered, I have a few copies and of

and course the bounty hunter which I have still have a few copies of

I still have the first five copies(there may have been more issues) of red lines

Akinbiyi thorpe shaun tayor era

I have them to hand at the present time

I manged to get hold of the red lines by going up to wick road in Brislington

and asking for them from the printers

Just wonder if any one could do a cut copy and paste and reprint them

any of the old fanzines?

there was another one out that was very glossy and more like a programme in terms of flashiness, very italian in style - cannot remember its name though or was I totally cidered and all wrong... help I am going to have to start digging around in old boxes!!

big up for Rob and team - great that they are still going!!

there was another one out that was very glossy and more like a programme in terms of flashiness, very italian in style - cannot remember its name though or was I totally cidered and all wrong... help I am going to have to start digging around in old boxes!!

big up for Rob and team - great that they are still going!!

Ultra?

I think it was produced by Steve H back in the day..

When my brother ran the bars at Ashton Gate i was in the sponsers bar one night for an early round of the cup when Andy Cole (injured) asked if he could have a look at the copy of Bountyhunter i was reading which featured him on the cover 'Goal King Cole' i think the issue was called. Anyway i got him and a certain Mr Dziekanowski to both sign the cover. To the life of me i don't know where it is, hopefully it will turn up one day when i look through the boxes and boxes of City programmes i have.

Ultra?

I think it was produced by Steve H back in the day..

Co-founded by Massive Attack's 3D. Quote from him on Red Lines:

"We started the Ultra magazine as a labour of love. It was a very expensive process, though, because we tried to make it a glossy magazine-the first fanzine of its kind in England. We made great images of Andy Cole, Jacky Dziekanowski and Russell Osman and tried to make it look more like a straight magazine than a fanzine. It collapsed after one season, 1992/93, with half of the money being drunk down the pub."

Co-founded by Massive Attack's 3D. Quote from him on Red Lines:

"We started the Ultra magazine as a labour of love. It was a very expensive process, though, because we tried to make it a glossy magazine-the first fanzine of its kind in England. We made great images of Andy Cole, Jacky Dziekanowski and Russell Osman and tried to make it look more like a straight magazine than a fanzine. It collapsed after one season, 1992/93, with half of the money being drunk down the pub."

hmmm, my memories are of dealing with a drunken scally called Malcolm Bennet on that first edition of ULTRA. I agreed to write for it, did one piece before it disappeared into it's own ego. Plenty of people claim they were 'part' of it.

Anyone know what happend to Bennet? I heard wild stories of Heroin and AK47's!!!

Remember both The Bountyhunter and Ultra. Ended up drinking with friends of friends after the Rotherham game last year, and fairly sure they were involved in writing the Bountyhunter. Cannot for the life of me recall their names.

If memory serves, pretty sure that Ultra sponsored the Bristol School of Samba to do some pre-match, or half-time, entertainment at AG. Is that just early onset of senility or can someone else confirm?

hmmm, my memories are of dealing with a drunken scally called Malcolm Bennet on that first edition of ULTRA. I agreed to write for it, did one piece before it disappeared into it's own ego. Plenty of people claim they were 'part' of it.

Anyone know what happend to Bennet? I heard wild stories of Heroin and AK47's!!!

I heard wild stories about the former too, but not the latter.

Remember both The Bountyhunter and Ultra. Ended up drinking with friends of friends after the Rotherham game last year, and fairly sure they were involved in writing the Bountyhunter. Cannot for the life of me recall their names.

The Bountyhunter originated from the 3 Herniman brothers, one of whom is an East End regular these days, if you were drinking with them after the Rotherham game, then you must have been drinking with me as well......

The Bountyhunter originated from the 3 Herniman brothers, one of whom is an East End regular these days, if you were drinking with them after the Rotherham game, then you must have been drinking with me as well......

small world.

'...My partner in BRUTE! at the time, Malcolm Bennett, was arrested on firearm charges.'

I found this after trawling around. It's from an interview with Aiden Hughes (with whom Bennett worked on 'BRUTE!') so maybe the former AND the latter was true!!

When my brother ran the bars at Ashton Gate i was in the sponsers bar one night for an early round of the cup when Andy Cole (injured) asked if he could have a look at the copy of Bountyhunter i was reading which featured him on the cover 'Goal King Cole' i think the issue was called. Anyway i got him and a certain Mr Dziekanowski to both sign the cover. To the life of me i don't know where it is, hopefully it will turn up one day when i look through the boxes and boxes of City programmes i have.

Maybe the one with a picture of Cole on the front, with the line: Cole - Not Gas

Absolutely superb, they made a t-shirt of it as well, total class

Did meet the Bountyhunter eds once, on a coach back from Southend, I think, just before Cooper got the sack. They had a trial edition, were showing people to see what they thought. Everyone was in stitches, absolute top notch.

Maybe the one with a picture of Cole on the front, with the line: Cole - Not Gas

Absolutely superb, they made a t-shirt of it as well, total class

Yes thats the one Thanks..

I remember it also had a pull out double sided poster, one side was Andy Cole the other side Jacki Dziekanowski. A quality magazine , ahead of its time

The Bountyhunter was put togrther by 3 lads , possibly brothers, from Portishead. I'm sure one was called Nick, and another Anthony. There was also someone else called Graham , who did some seriously funny articles . Gus from Pill was also involved with it . I remember helping to flog copies at Forest away semi-final in 89 . Also played for a Bountyhunter team against a Orient Fanzine team on Hackney Marshes in 1990 .

Guest MaloneFM

There was a run of fanzines at one time and if the dusty old attic on top of my shoulders serves me well amongst them were:

Ultra

The Bountyhunter

One Team In Bristol

Over The Gate

Come in Number Nine Your Time Is Up

Anyone remember any more?

There was a run of fanzines at one time and if the dusty old attic on top of my shoulders serves me well amongst them were:

Ultra

The Bountyhunter

One Team In Bristol

Over The Gate

Anyone remember any more?

CiderReds was running around the same time as "Come in No. 7 ?" - it had a distinctive yellow cover. This would be around John Ward time 97/98.

One Team in Bristol was previously called "Take Your Seats" in honour of the East End and Williams stands new seating arrangements around 92/93. Anyone know what it was called before that (not that I can remember)?

Uncle....your normally impeccible memory may be failing you, sir.... I'm sure it was "Come in Number Seven, Your Time is Up" and was aimed at Matty "Fluffy Slippers" Hewlett if I'm not mistaken....

Can't remember any more... I may pick up a copy of OTIB next week....haven't read it in ages.

I've got a couple of copies that i'd be happy to scan in and post if someone tells me how. Can i attach a file to a post?

Ive got:

no. 3 March 89 with cloughie on the cover

no.6 May 1990 Joe Jordan cover.

Re-reading them makes me very nostalgic and makes it so obvious how football and life in general has changed.

If memory serves, pretty sure that Ultra sponsored the Bristol School of Samba to do some pre-match, or half-time, entertainment at AG. Is that just early onset of senility or can someone else confirm?

99.9% agree your right mate think it was in those anglo italian matches half time entertainment type thing

Archived