IGNORED

Too Much Censorship?!

NailseaRed

Is it just me or is this censorship thing going a bit far ?

I can understand the Ron Atkinson stuff and things like that being removed as the club could get in trouble but to censor players names and close posts about players drinking in town is a bit OTT. If the club dont like posts like that may I suggest they speak to the players involved? At this stage of the season with everything resting on the next three games you would have to be a bit daft to get spotted drinking.

Come on mods lets not go OTT on the censorship! :D

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

Sorry I started the Ron Atkinson thread but all I asked was what he said. It was a fact he said it (he resigned over it) so what the problem.

I have to agree...not good to close this topic....

Especilally as all posts were careful not to reveal the names involved.

One can only assume that if the club feel that strongly they will talk to the players.

On the censorship issue, if a subject is CLOSED, should the mods not explain why?

OH no, my mistake, it is "closed" but not removed from the forum! Thats a new one on me, I mean, if you're going to remove it (which I don't agree with) then remove it. As it is, we can all still read what was said anyway. I'd love to know the thinking behind this - TOMF? Anyone?

Especilally as all posts were careful not to reveal the names involved.

Not true. I've only just stumbled across the post this morning (now afternoon) and I've seen seven names of first team players. You won't find them there anymore, but they were there.

On the censorship issue, if a subject is CLOSED, should the mods not explain why?

Try clicking here.

Cheers,

Adam

id personally like to ###### up front allowing ###### to come up in the wing back role??

Yeah, I see what you mean but you know Wilson is always going to pick #######.

but hey they are all ######

That's a bit strong. ## maybe but not ######.

Edit reason: got ##### confused with #######. Apologies to #####.

I can live with censorship when posts are obviously of a sexist or racist nature or where obscene language is used but I get really peeved when like me recently, you can get banned for five days for holding an alternative view to the majority and the thought police who run the forum - ah yes, forum, where one can air an exchange of views, except when you don't agree with the majority :D

I can live with censorship when posts are obviously of a sexist or racist nature or where obscene language is used but I get really peeved when like me recently, you can get banned for five days for holding an alternative view to the majority and the thought police who run the forum - ah yes, forum, where one can air an exchange of views, except when you don't agree with the majority :D
What were you banned for? Presumably you were given an explanation.

As I said, for disagreeing with the majority but that is done and dusted, I've served my term so life goes on - now I know how Red Goblin feels.
And that was the reason you were given? I find that very hard to believe.

I'm not sure I wanted to know that you spent your time off getting to know Red Goblin more intimately, though.

I really don't care if you cannot believe the truth edson but I do resent your homophobic suggestions and I think the thought police should ban you for the rest of the season :@
Where have I been homophobic?

If it's the truth that you were given an explanation by the moderators, that your ban was for "disagreeing with the majority", then I think you were very harshly treated. Forgive me if my gut instinct is to suspect that is bullmanure, though.

You will just have to accept the premise that for once in your life, in regard to my ban,you are wrong - I will not join you in the gutter to explain your accusation in respect of your vile suggestion.
Ok, you won't expand, so I'll ask the moderators directly. Fair enough, but it might be less embarrassing if you just stopped the bluff now.

And you used the word 'homophobic' incorrectly, but again, you're trying to bluff your way through it by not answering the question (I sense a theme developing). If you want to join me in the gutter some time, I'll explain the correct usage to you.

Guest Bootylicious

Crikey moses!!

What a load of tosh! All the guys were saying was that they saw a certain player (s) down town, drinking! Why all the fuss? Its not libellious or anything!

My post got removed and i didnt even mention names.

Christ, next we wont even be able to discuss which players should start a forthcoming match, in fear that it may influence DW's final decision.

Freedom of speech and all that!

:@

:D

• Admin
An interesting dilemma edson - if I repeat my contention then I may be banned again but if the forum organisers tell you what I said that was removed from public appraisal they may be questioned regarding Data Protection :D
why would confirming why someone was banned contravene the Data Protection act? :dunno:

An interesting dilemma edson - if I repeat my contention then I may be banned again but if the forum organisers tell you what I said that was removed from public appraisal they may be questioned regarding Data Protection :D
What a convenient out.

Not only do you not know the correct usage of the word 'homophobe', you also seem a bit confused about Data Protection.

Giving a reason as to why someone is banned from a forum is not a Data Protection issue. Clutching at straws because you have something to hide, by any chance?

All you have to do is copy and paste the reason given to you for your ban, not repeat your contention. If it says "for disagreeing with the majority", then I'll believe you, once admin. have verified it. Couldn't be easier, could it?

As I said, for disagreeing with the majority but that is done and dusted, I've served my term so life goes on - now I know how Red Goblin feels.

Fair comment England, try writing C r o m w e l l or s u b j u g a t e d or I love you, you do know that, don't you? without the spaces and see what happens :@ The BCFC forum Gestapo are having a laugh at our expense. Off with their heads :D:D:dunno:

Up the City and may the BCFC forum Gestapo be laid low with a dose of the plague :P

Archived