IGNORED

Sproule

Guest Eamer

Once Sproule came on tonight, things really livened up. McIndoe back over the the left, two in the centre and Sproule gave us SO much more width. Without Sproule we basically had no left wing at all and Birmingham kept going down that side because they saw we were lacking something there.

Sproule needs to start on the right with McIndoe on the left.

NOT

Mcindoe on the right and Maynard on the left.

Once Sproule came on tonight, things really livened up. McIndoe back over the the left, two in the centre and Sproule gave us SO much more width. Without Sproule we basically had no left wing at all and Birmingham kept going down that side because they saw we were lacking something there.

NOT

it would help if ivan could send in some more decent crosses though. all he has is pace. he can never seem to beat the first defender with his crossing, and... he has pace.

If Sproule had started Johnson would probably had him off just after half time. Sproule has become an impact player and tonight he did just that.For the time he was on he was a constant threat but that type of impact isn't something he can maintain for 90mins.

No way imo should he start on Saturday.

Agree with that. He may not have much of an end product but does pose a threat and worries defenders with his pace. Missed a one on one in the second half after a great ball from Lee Johnson and this was because he was playing off the shoulder of his marker, just wish he would do it more often!

In fairness the 1 on 1 was very unlucky...he got it under the keeper but it caught the underside of his leg and then bounced up over the bar.

He did put a wicked ball in just after he'd COME on...along the floor across the face of goal and how no one tapped it in i'll never know!

I would rather we signed Dwayne Chambers and gave him some intensive football coaching - (he might be ready in a few weeks?)

Sproule just hasn't contributed enough since he joined the club. His crossing is woeful. I would be interested to see how many assists he has made since he joined us, remeber he made 30+ starts last season i think.

Agree he is affective as an impact player.

I would rather we signed Dwayne Chambers and gave him some intensive football coaching - (he might be ready in a few weeks?)

Sproule just hasn't contributed enough since he joined the club. His crossing is woeful. I would be interested to see how many assists he has made since he joined us, remeber he made 30+ starts last season i think.

Agree he is affective as an impact player.

I think its because we don't use him in the right way and don't exploit his pace!

In my opinion Sproule has had plenty of chence to impress since he came to City , but he is a modern day Junior Bent ,

Pace means nothing if you cant provide a cross at the end of it and Sproule does not provide any decent crosses. If we are looking for an impact player from the bench then surely Scott Murray would be a better bet , at least he has goals and sensible runs in him . Sproule comes towards the ball too often instead of making a run and forcing the issue

Last night was the first time Sproule has actually run at a defender and he has them worried, but still no end product means strikers are wasting their time

Never been one of Ivans biggest fans, but he gives us width which we badly lack at times and his pace is unbelievable. He must scare the sh4te out of defenders, I just wish he would run at them more because he could win us a few penalties if he did that.. Would prefer Scotty coming off the bench though, he can still cross the ball and knows where the goal is.

Never been one of Ivans biggest fans, but he gives us width which we badly lack at times and his pace is unbelievable. He must scare the sh4te out of defenders, I just wish he would run at them more because he could win us a few penalties if he did that.. Would prefer Scotty coming off the bench though, he can still cross the ball and knows where the goal is.

I'm with you on the first bit as I'm not usually a fan of the boy but he did look good last night and made things happen - couple of decent crosses on the floor and a one on one but if nothing else he dragged the full back and another man out with him thus creating space which has got to be better for the team, but as for Murray - not the answer IMO, he's served this club well but he's history. Brain of wilson, pace of sproule should do it!

NOT

No he shouldn't, he is a headless chicken, no composure and cant cross

reckonn we should go back to noble, narrow on the right and mcindoe wide on the left

Great to see Mr Sproule bag a cool finish today.

But did i imagine it, or did he give the old forearm salute/forearm jerk on celebrating it?

If so then fortunately that 'up-yours' seemed to be directed somewhere between the Dolman and the Atyeo, so flew out into yonder car park !

Nout wrong with blowin off a lil steam though eh !

:laugh:

Thought he was very impressive today, worked very hard for the 90 minutes and put in a full shift defensively as well. Made the team look a lot more balanced and scored a good goal (even though Sullivan should have done better IMO)!

He was subbed off but yea...

Like I said he would, gave alot more width and balance, good goal and needs a good run in the team now.

He had a good game today and against Brum so should definitely start against Wolves.....but he did miss a couple of one-on-ones then score the most difficult chance he had all game!

I fear against a team like Wolves he won't have a 3rd bite at the cherry

BTW - happy birthday Eamer, heard your name over the tannoy!

Has earned his place against Wolves, now needs to show what he hasn`t shown so far and that`s the ability to maintain this level of performance. We`re screaming out for someone to fill that right side and if he can finally maintain something of the form he`s shown over the last two games then it`s his for the asking. If he can`t, then that position has to be priority come January and the transfer window.

PDG

BTW - happy birthday Eamer, heard your name over the tannoy!

Really? I didn't hear it haha. If it did come up guessing my Dad emailed DL about it and then my Dad didn't hear it either.

Damn. HAHA

Archived