IGNORED

Always Believe

One Team

cheers simon cowell

:clapping: Well said!

It doesn't need to sound 'in tune' - it's a chant! And it doesn't matter if it doesn't sound anything like Sloop John B - it's a chant! We're football fans, not flippin' stage performers!

It's a passionate song and one of the few we have which seems to entice most of our fans into singing. That has to be a good thing. Besides, the sentiment, the message, is what it's all about. Just as the Kop will Never Walk Alone, we'll Always Believe in our team and in one another.

I think that's an awesome thing and it's one of the reasons why I'm more excited about coming to the football now than I ever have done in the last 15 years of watching City regularly.

No, I believe we'll have a good season. I was one of the few that said we will be looking at Top 4 again this time round but this 'Always Believe' stuff is getting a bit too much. The song is terrible, the bloody banner the ball boys walk around the pitch with and now this guy suggesting we get it printed onto the bottom of all shirts and onto the club badge? Is everyone going MAD?!

You're a bit of a miserable bvgger, really, aren't you?

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but I didn't hear a single resounding rendition of Always Believe until the 47th minute yesterday. Moments later we won a penalty and scored!

Also, what was going on with the boys carrying an Always Believe banner around the side of the pitch.

To be honest I can take or leave most songs - anything sounds good if the whole crowd sings it in unison.

For me, I like it that we have something which is uniquely Bristol and Bristol City.

Thats the Wurzels' Drink up thy cider or other songs from them.

Living in London, that is what we are known for and I like it.

The Welsh call us Wurzels, the Forest mate of mine said he thought it was fantastic in our game a couple of seasons ago that we ran out in the second half to "I am a cider drinker".

To me, that's unique to us rather than a similar tune to other clubs with words changed.

here here, i second that 200%... maybe more.

Always believe... i think it sounds a bit gay.

:clapping: Well said!

It doesn't need to sound 'in tune' - it's a chant! And it doesn't matter if it doesn't sound anything like Sloop John B - it's a chant! We're football fans, not flippin' stage performers!

It's a passionate song and one of the few we have which seems to entice most of our fans into singing. That has to be a good thing. Besides, the sentiment, the message, is what it's all about. Just as the Kop will Never Walk Alone, we'll Always Believe in our team and in one another.

I think that's an awesome thing and it's one of the reasons why I'm more excited about coming to the football now than I ever have done in the last 15 years of watching City regularly.

Great.... so Liverpool have the totally original song which everyone associaties with them (yes i know Celtic jumped on the bandwagon but really everyone only thinks of Liverpool) AND you want us all to adopt a tune which has been used by all the top clubs as different chants for various players, competitions, success and claim it's uniquely BCFC by changing a couple of words.

Brilliant... no honestly it makes us look really original. Thanks.

I'll the one at the back singing one for the bristol city and drink up thee cider (with a bit of straw behind my ear and farmers hat on).

• Admin
Great.... so Liverpool have the totally original song which everyone associaties with them (yes i know Celtic jumped on the bandwagon but really everyone only thinks of Liverpool) AND you want us all to adopt a tune which has been used by all the top clubs as different chants for various players, competitions, success and claim it's uniquely BCFC by changing a couple of words.

I'll the one at the back singing one for the bristol city and drink up thee cider (with a bit of straw behind my ear and farmers hat on).

Erm, how do we get any new songs then?

For it to catch on with the masses it has to fit a tune already out there (be it used on the football terraces or over the wireless).

Always believe is our song, we haven't just changed a couple of the words, it's completely different. But just because we sing Always Believe, doesn't mean we're not allowed to sing Drink up Thy Zider. Having such a large array of songs is one of the many benefits that the reclamation of the East End has helped to achieve and I for one both enjoy and am proud of teams not being able to chant at us that we've "only got one song".

Erm, how do we get any new songs then?

For it to catch on with the masses it has to fit a tune already out there (be it used on the football terraces or over the wireless).

Always believe is our song, we haven't just changed a couple of the words, it's completely different. But just because we sing Always Believe, doesn't mean we're not allowed to sing Drink up Thy Zider. Having such a large array of songs is one of the many benefits that the reclamation of the East End has helped to achieve and I for one both enjoy and am proud of teams not being able to chant at us that we've "only got one song".

I agree.... who cares if the tune's used elsewhere? The FACT is that when sung by the majority of the crowd, it has a positive effect on the team. GJ has said as much, hasn't he? So let's keep it up. And I'd kinda agree with putting it on the badge....but as "Nos Usquequaque Puto", which is the Latin translation of it!

I feel the sentiment behind the song - that we are in this together...we believe in you even when things aren't going well - is the important thing - not whether or not 100 other clubs sing a song with the same tune!

Drink up thy Zider is great and I love singing it....I just wish we'd drop the "we're going down the Rovers, to do the b*stards over" bullsh!t from it...We've moved on a bit since those days, haven't we?!?

Well, that was needlessly insulting.

Who's saying we should be ditching the Wurzels songs?! Not me. I love 'One For The Bristol City' and the others we sing; I would never even consider dropping them because they are the most original and personal songs we have.

But I also don't think there's anything wrong with adding other songs to our armoury - and yeah, some of them might come from 'tunes' or 'chants' other people may use, but what's wrong with that?! We adapt them, and come up with something new. 'Always Believe' sums up the mood and the atmosphere round the place at the moment and no worries if you don't like it, but I think it's a shame that a few of you miserable ####s are making such a big effort to put such a downer on it.

Thank you.

Nail on head.

I will stick firmly in the corner of tradition of one for the bristol city and drink up thee cider. Something that is utterly Bristol City not this believe indolence.

In the 20 years I have been watchig City the only time I remeber the hairs on my neck standing up as much as when we blew the roof off AG against palace with this song was when Everton were under the cosh in the FA cup and the whole ground sang Come on You Reds.

The players feel this song as well because it was generated from the comments of Basso. GJ recognises it, the players recognise it and for me any song that is easy to sing and has the effect on the whole crowd the was Always Beleive does is a serious winner. (just like 'you'll never walk alone').

Gonne get it on the back of my shirt I think!

Red Rob

Pixies I always assumed, could be and probably am wrong however.

It's alright this believe stuff if a little bit twee, as was pointed out the other day at the back of the Dolman at h/t comments like ''well that was shite wannit?'' were common place. So much for the believing then, ey?

I do actually like it due to it producing the rare effect of galvanising everyone into song and I happen to like the tune too (even if scantly knicked off of a fashionable Club - Liverpool). I don't however on the whole like fads, gimmicks, fashions or trends so on that count it is a bit gay.

Heydy-ho, life goes on.

ps/Think 'I am The Zider Drinker' has been decided on as the official Forza East End anthem, ticks all the boxes - absolutely authentic to us, cultural, traditional, catchy and sophisticated - for me.

Archived