IGNORED

Always Believe

One Team

A quick side topic away from the debate regarding the on the pitch pluses and minuses:

I thought the atmosphere last night in the second half when we were clawing our way back into the game was superb.

Of particular note once again was our newest anthem, 'Always Believe'. It was sung a few times but there was one point last night just after Trundle scored where it sounded and felt like everyone was singing it in unison and it was ear-splittingly loud.

I don't know if the Brum fans noticed but I can't help thinking they must've been impressed with the volume.

It feels like its our 'You'll never walk alone', our 'Forever blowing bubbles', our 'Delilah' - long may it continue.

One Team

A quick side topic away from the debate regarding the on the pitch pluses and minuses:

I thoughtt he atmosphere last night in the second half when we were clawing our way back into the game was superb.

Of particular once again was our newest anthem, 'Always Believe'. It was sung a few times but there was one point last night just after Trundle scored where it sounded and felt like everyone was singing it in unison and it was ear-splittingly loud.

I don't know if the Brum fans noticed but I can't help thinking they must've been impressed with the volume.

It feels like its our 'You'll never walk alone', our 'Forever blowing bubbles', our 'Delilah' - long may it continue.

One Team

I was thinking that, made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up

I agree. It works brilliantly as a club anthem and as a motto we can use in our own lives.

Whether we're one minute from relegation or one minute from promotion, 3 up or 3 down, about to take a penalty or facing one - it still works.

I've said before I quite like the idea of it being imortalised by placing using it on the club badge where it currently says "Bristol City FC"

Well, for me........... I LOVE IT!

Its a song that has a bit of passion about, that everyone can sing, and also signifies a lot about how far BCFC have come over the last few seasons.

It better than a lot of the crap sung by some people about either hitting someone over the head or some crap about the Rovers.

Hardly motivating to the players is it?

Still sounds nothing like Sloop John.B though! :)

I agree! Never heard that sung at City but would be immense.

Hoist up the red flag still,

Can't hear the Donny sing,

Call in the reds, we'll sing, sing on our own!

Don't wanna go home, don't wanna go hooooome,

This is the best trip, I've ever been on!

..or something like that...

Are we claiming this as "our" song? I'm pretty sure I've heard other teams fans singing it. It wasn't started at City was it? The only song we can claim as our I think is "Drink Up Thee Cider" sung by my brother.

Yep, Drink up thee cider is THE Bristol City anthem.

The first time City went to Wembley, against Bolton......to hear that being belted out by 30,000 City fans was REAL hairs on the back of the neck stuff!

Good debate chaps.

The thing is though I've rarely heard a song sung as loudly as 'Always Believe': especially against Palace in the play off semi-final.

Drink up thee Cider is an obvious anthem but its not sung very loudly IMHO. The only chants/songs that come close to the sheer volume I've heard for 'Always Believe' is 'Come on you Reds' when all stands are in unison.

Opposition players must surely find that quite intimidating.

One Team

I agree! Never heard that sung at City but would be immense.

Hoist up the red flag still,

Can't hear the Donny sing,

Call in the reds, we'll sing, sing on our own!

Don't wanna go home, don't wanna go hooooome,

This is the best trip, I've ever been on!

..or something like that...

Classic Beach Boys song!! Classic footie adaptation too I think. I'd love it if we had something similar...

If they have they've copied us. This is OUR song.

People are mistaken I think, it's the tune they've heard. Arsenal and Liverpool use the same tune, which we borrowed and added the words.

No other club has Basso, so why would they sing it?!

I love it.

1/ it's our own

2/ it's simple and resonates

3/ it has meaning to our squad and club in general

If it wasn't good, you wouldn't have the entire East End belting it out moments after conceding a goal, and at 2-0 down, as if to say, 'no setbacks can stop us'.

I thought the atmosphere last night in the second half when we were clawing our way back into the game was superb.

Of particular note once again was our newest anthem, 'Always Believe'. It was sung a few times but there was one point last night just after Trundle scored where it sounded and felt like everyone was singing it in unison and it was ear-splittingly loud.

One Team

Good God no! Drink up thy cider, and be off with you.

I like it. It's simple and has been very effective. Shows the team that we are right behind them (in times of trouble usually) and urges them to get on with it. Somehow they often go on to find that extra 10% and at least put up a fight. If we are going to lose I can take that but not without showing pride, passion and effort.

Archived