IGNORED

Birmingham City

Guest DR DICKNOSE

Guest DR DICKNOSE

ok lets get all of the negative posts out of the way about dele,lee johnson,skuse etc,

If anyone saw the game what did they think of brum(especially in the first 45mins).

to be honest i was happy to go in at half time only 2nil down,thought they were quality.

the fact that we made a real game of it just shows the spirit that this club of ours has at the moment.

when it came down to individual quality we were not at the races,but there is only so far team work and spirit can take you when youre playing against players whose average wage is about 20-25k,and were playing against ronaldo/rooney last season.

brum will win the league this year,But well be up there as well

CMON YOU REDS..

However bad our tactics were and performance was, they always looked very comfortable to me. They'll get automatic promotion because over a 46-game season there won't be two teams better than them. Sadly it's looking like Wolves will join them, which is a shame as McCarthy can thus claim a modicum of success from his managerial career.

Still early doors, and I'd like to think we've learned from them, and from the manager's comments it seems we have. Hardest match of the season out of the way in my eyes, and pleased we have a game so soon afterwards on Saturday, a game which I'd expect three points from.

One of the best teams I have seen at the Gate in a while.

From the first 10 minutes I knew we were in trouble. They were incredible at counter attacking, fast, skillfull and I don't think I can remember them punting a long ball.

As much as my heart says we'll win the league *cough*, IMO Birmingham will win the league by a country mile.

But positives, apart from the first 45 minutes, we held out own against a fantastic team and even outclassed them at times. We created chances that maybe we should of put away, but on another day it could have been a draw.

Sadly it's looking like Wolves will join them, which is a shame as McCarthy can thus claim a modicum of success from his managerial career.

Nah don't worry about them just yet. Remember Watford flew out of the traps last season and look what happened to them.

I still think Palace will be up there come the end unfortunately.

Nobody is mentioning Reading, There the team to watch in my eyes. just as good as brum, only sold a few players but still got the core from the record break 109 points if I'm right only 3 years ago when they were in this league.

If i can take a play off place now, i would most deffinately accept.

My predictions for the season

Promotion:

Brum

reading

Play Offs

Wolves

City

Palace

Preston

The most organised team, and probably the best team, that I have seen at Ashton Gate for quite a while. They should walk this league..

I was glad it was only 2 nil at half time, and we made them sweat abit in the 2nd half. We wont be far away at the end of the season..

Spot on.

But lets not forget that Watford got off to a flyer last season and then hit a brick wall. The same could happen to Wolves but I reckon Brum have enough classy players to make any poor runs very short.

I think we saw Brum playing the sort of football that we aspire to - but don't have the individual ability to sustain. We are a very long way away from playing flowing, precise football like that - BUT, they weren't good enough to stay in the prem, AND when we got at them a bit in the second half we had enough chances to get something from the game. Which brings us to the perennial point that a team that works hard - with at least some individual technical ability - can wrestle points away from technically gifted teams - and thats been the foundation of our improvement over recent seasons.

Last team that I saw look that well organised and technically competent was Charlton at AG last season - yes, really - and they imploded by about Christmas. Confidence is such a brittle thing you never know who's going to crack and who can sustain their form (Watford or Hull anyone?). It will be hilarious to see wolves go off like a rocket and then bottle it again from about feb onwards - especially if Mick M starts waving his fat wad around again in the Jan window.

Spot on.

But lets not forget that Watford got off to a flyer last season and then hit a brick wall. The same could happen to Wolves but I reckon Brum have enough classy players to make any poor runs very short.

Brum also have plenty of cash to buy in the January window if they need to strengthen any gaps due to injuries, plus they are an attractive prospect to players/prem clubs if they need to call for an emergency loan (remember they had Bentner from Arsenal previously).

They seem to have everything going for them - but we did well, we paid them too much respect and if we'd gone at them from the start with Sproule who knows.

The point about Watford was that they were/still are skint and had to sell Marlon King last Jan and struggled after that.

CR

ok lets get all of the negative posts out of the way about dele,lee johnson,skuse etc,

If anyone saw the game what did they think of brum(especially in the first 45mins).

to be honest i was happy to go in at half time only 2nil down,thought they were quality.

the fact that we made a real game of it just shows the spirit that this club of ours has at the moment.

when it came down to individual quality we were not at the races,but there is only so far team work and spirit can take you when youre playing against players whose average wage is about 20-25k,and were playing against ronaldo/rooney last season.

brum will win the league this year,But well be up there as well

Listening to Radio 5 today; "Birmingham were disjointed in their play against Blackpool and light weight with just one player up front" Is it a compliment to City therefore, Brum puuled out all the stops when playing us, but felt able to relax v a <lesser> team? Then again if the fixture list was sligghtly different would we have struggled v Donny on Tuesday and then hammered Brum on today's showings?

Listening to Radio 5 today; "Birmingham were disjointed in their play against Blackpool and light weight with just one player up front" Is it a compliment to City therefore, Brum puuled out all the stops when playing us, but felt able to relax v a <lesser> team? Then again if the fixture list was sligghtly different would we have struggled v Donny on Tuesday and then hammered Brum on today's showings?

that sums it up, it's something we have been guilty of many times in the past in league 1, going away and getting a good result at a fellow promotion contednor, then losing at home against a team we should batter.

Archived