IGNORED

Bradley Set For A Spell In The Stiffs?

Will Rollason

I agree. Orr's hot headedness gets him into trouble far too often and his mouthy antics don't do his team mates any good.

His yellow card to day might have been his first foul but he just scythed the bloke down when the ball was gone and a very non threatening area of the pitch. Completely reckless and irresponsible imo.

Skuse did look good at right back plus he has significantly more pace than Orr. With Elliot on his way back its not beyond the realms of posibilty that Johnson just might give Skuse the right back berth for few games. A spell on the bench just might do Orr some good.

He wasn't that bad at all. Was only taken off early today due to being on a yellow and the Referee giving him a talking to just before half-time. GJ was playing it safe rather than going a man down. Gota give it to Skuse though plays well in CM and did a good job at RB too. Had some good chances in the first half.

If Orr needed a break, a healthy Brian Wilson is a competent right-back.

I said after the Coventry game I thought Orr looked leggy and he didn't exactly cover himself in glory against Birmingham or Derby. I didn't go to cardiff or today so can't comment but to me, for whatever reason, he isn't fit. With Wilson and Ribiero injured and Murray on loan at Cheltenham, we're not blessed with right-sided players now.

Maybe it isn't a physical thing? Maybe being the best right back in the division, coupled with the unsubstatiated rumours of interest from bigger clubs has turned his head.

For whatever reason, he is a shadow of the player he was last season.

He wasn't that bad at all. Was only taken off early today due to being on a yellow and the Referee giving him a talking to just before half-time. GJ was playing it safe rather than going a man down. Gota give it to Skuse though plays well in CM and did a good job at RB too. Had some good chances in the first half.

I thought he was that bad today I'm afraid. He was caught out for pace and for holding onto the ball too long. My biggest issue with him is his total blame anyone else way of thinking. Hot headed. Taken off for being on a tightrope and being poor. 100% correct decision and even a little gutsy by Johnson, but when you can then bring in ME to midfield; not too much of a gamble...

Skuse was brilliant today, had more shots on target today probably than the rest of his career combined to date.

When moved to Right Back he continued to play well and possibly played his best 45mins of the season so far.

Personally......fitness depending I'd start against Wolves next week, with the same team that started the 2nd half.

i don't get to many away games due to family commitments but so far at home he has looked poor vs qpr/brum and today was absolutely shocking.

if wilson is fit then he is a must at right back. if not then skuse must start there.

he has undoubted passion and commitment and because of that is a fans favourite, but people have been quick to jump down the throats of maynard, skuse and johnson. sorry bradley, time for a few games on the bench at best

totally disagree, though he had a very poor game today and tuesday

I do like orr, but the way we play has full backs in positions to cross, mccallister is generally good, orrs distribution is poor

Having elliott cank liftet the team, lifter the crowd and the obvious man to come off was orr, the yellow card being a good factor

skuse did well first half after a below par performance tuesday and played very well at right back

big decision in whats a tough game saturday... i would go with skuse i think ?

Normally, when away to the top team, I would say go with the best defender which is Orr in my view. But I think he needs to be dropped down a peg and taught a harsh lesson going by his recent antics. There was one occasion when McAllister rightly had a little pop at Orr for poor positioning that let Donny in - the sort of shout that happens ten time every match and which players hold their hand up to - and Orr went mad. He also had a pop at Millen, another go at Johnson and then had to be hauled in front of his Captain and the Referee like some petulant schoolkid just before half time. And then he has the cheek to confront the referee again once the whistle blew where he could easily have been shown a red. Skuse filled in well but was still caught out of position a few times in my opinion. However he would get the shirt next week and I would leave Orr out altogether - his mind was not on the pitch today and we are not so good that we can start carrying players left, right and centre. As the original poster said, one or two games in the stiffs might just sort the boy's head out.

Bradley has always been a favourite of mine (if you haven't guessed!) but he hasn't been himself lately. Don't know if it was from the Wembley disappointment which certainly hit him hard, in more ways than one, but he just doesn't seem to be playing as well as he can.

I'd agree he isn't the most gifted & talented player, but he has drive and passion in bucketloads. Trouble is he is not channeling it positively at the moment. whether his head has been turned, or he is believing in his own hype but he needs to take a step backwards and listen to older more experienced players who are trying to guide him. To me he reminds me of Phillips, keen to blame everyone but himself for his own flaws, please Brad don't stoop to that.

I haven't seen Bradley go through such a bad patch since those 'dark days that we don't talk about', that was around this time of year wasn't it, maybe that's the reason? He is acting like he did in the infamous sky game where he had Carey got 'involved'.

I also think Mcallister who I think is sometimes the weak link has found a bit of form lately and perhaps this is emphasising Bradleys weaknesses. Also I thought Skuse was good at RB today, and looked very comfortable there. The person who said he got pulled out of position a few times, I don't disagree with but would argue that it must be difficult not to be when you have played 45 mins there. A few regular starts would settle him. If Bradley needs a rest and wilson isn't fit then Skuse playing there wouldn't fill me with dread. Shame about Wilson's injury, seems to have come right when he least wanted it. I thought he added something to the team too.

The general consensus around me at the match today was that BO was very lucky not to get sent off and we were pleased to see him getting taken of at half-time. Not because we don't like him, I love his commitment and determination, but he has not played as well this season as last. Today he was caught out of position on a number of occasions and this was followed by a fully justified booking, an argument with JMc which almost went over the top and LC had to step in, and a final warning from the ref when he could have easily sent him off.

It was clear GJ saw all this and he made the right decision to switch ME for him.

CS played completely competently at right-back in the second half and made no mistakes. The good thing about CS as well is his pace and that his passing is so much better than BO's. Hopefully this will allow him to link better with IS, another player BO is always arguing with, and might improve his game.

I think a change is justified and I've long thought right-back might be CS's best position - so let's see how he gets on.

Gary Johnson definitely has a challenge on his hands if Elliot is now fit enough to be playing. Skuse seems to be performing like a man who does not deserve to be dropped, yet he surely can't compete with a fit Elliot for the midfield berth? Dropping Orr so that Skuse can remain in the team does make a certain degree of sense but changing the back 4 is always risky and Orr will feel he's done enough over the past 2 seasons to make that place his own.

It's the kind of challenge that managers like to have but I sure as hell wouldn't know what to do for the best - I hope Gary does!

Archived