IGNORED

Official Match Thread

Red Zeppelin

Not too sure, looks like Williams providing any width and a free role for Trundle.

Still not sure why both wingers would be taken off when we are chasing the game.

because the game is over and we have a big game Tuesday night. Sproule and McIndoe are going to be important Tuesday, may as well take them off now

Sproule isn't important.

Give Dele, Elliott or Carey a rest if that's the criteria.

I'm one of Sproules biggest critics, but his recent performances makes him an important player...especially for home games

He has pace....and he is starting to learn how to use it.

Elliott needs match practive to get fit, Dele is a good player....but not as important as some people make out

I'm one of Sproules biggest critics, but his recent performances makes him an important player...especially for home games

Elliott needs match practive to get fit, Dele is a good player....but not as important as some people make out

Sproule can be a lethal player away from home as well. When you have a team under pressure to attack like home teams do, you stick Sproule as the breakaway man and they'll think twice about commiting men forward again.

He has to work on his finishing though - its been average lately to say the least a lot of the time.

Along with carey, Adebola sounded City's best player today.

Only one game. Not the end of the world by any means.

The only way to think of this in any sort of positive light is that last year we took 2 points off Wolves (1-1 draw at their place, 0-0 at the Gate) and this year we could take 3 if we beat them at our place. But that truely is grasping at straws.

However, if the BBC is to be believed, we sounded well beaten today and the most worrying factor is our inability to consistantly put in performances. Outstanding one game (or half) then pretty poor the next.

We'll need to break this cycle or face losing on a more regular basis. Worse thing is we don't really have enough options to make many changes in the areas that matter.

Dele sounds like he's done really well again today and unlucky not to have scored.

Sproule had a good second half against Doncaster, but still a very long way from convincing me he is an important player for City. One Swallow doesn't a Summer make.

I don't think he'll ever be consistent enough to be a regular starter for City, let alone an important player for us, but we shall see.

Hopefully this game will also be the end of the ridiculous suggestions that Weale is as good as Basso.

He's not far off.

All goalkeepers make bad errors occasionally - remember Basso diving over Downing's shot to let in a very soft goal? :dunno:

Cole Skuse proving again he's not good enough, even if he was playing out of position.

Hopefully this game will also be the end of the ridiculous suggestions that Weale is as good as Basso.

nothing ridiculous about that suggestion.the trouble is if weale's made a mistake

everyone jumps on it and cries bring back basso.

basso makes a mistake and the silence is deafening.

no disgrace losing today but many will blame weale for it i suspect.

basso makes a mistake and the silence is deafening.

Unfortunately for new keepers they have to prove themselves. Basso has done that already...he is worth about 15 points a season...if he makes a boob, everybody knows he makes up for it in spades across the whole season.

Weale is a very good keeper, but the best keeper outside the prem is Basso....FACT. Therfore when both are fit, Basso has to start.

Unfortunately for new keepers they have to prove themselves. Basso has done that already...he is worth about 15 points a season...if he makes a boob, everybody knows he makes up for it in spades across the whole season.

Weale is a very good keeper, but the best keeper outside the prem is Basso....FACT. Therfore when both are fit, Basso has to start.

That is bang on in my opinion.

don't get too torn up guys ,most teams this season will get to look pretty average against us this season .we are a much better team this season and looking at things now its looking good for us .i still think your lot will be in the shake at the end of season

Cheers Pogue, can we have a pat on the head for your trouble.

Your talkin as if you've already won the league and it's september!! Remember Watford last year???

...plus your gaffer if Mick Macarthy...beware the complacency !

oi ,don't get all tight n moody ,i come here in peace ,and no ,i don't talk as if weve won the league ,long way to go ,just my comments i spoke of ,we made you look an average team

I only heard the game on the radio, but sounds like Mcindoe shouldve scored from the 6 yard line...then it might've been game on, but you clearly were the better team.

Granted you are off to a flier, but apart from Reading a couple of years back I can't think of any team that has led from start to finish.

I reckon you might be reaching for the rosaries yet.

No disgrace losing up there, they are flying and we gifted them a goal start. They have been playing well and the last thing we needed was to fall behind to a soft goal. Move on to the next game now and look to bounce back quickly.

Haha, Just heard the commentator say that the next step up from Wolves to a big club would be Man utd or Liverpool. What a grade A c**k!!!!

He's right, there aren't many teams or clubs bigger than the Wolves, certainly NOT bristol city ha ha ha good call Mcindoe!

He's right, there aren't many teams or clubs bigger than the Wolves, certainly NOT bristol city ha ha ha good call Mcindoe!

based on last season......we are the better team and McIndoe's decision was FULLY JUSTIFIED....he's played in a play-off final last season, Wolves didn't make them, so he was right to move on.

what happens after 10 games doesn't matter, it's where you are after 46......long way to go

Well, just around the midlands I would class West Brom, Birmingham, Villa, Forest, Derby and Leicester as much bigger than Wolves. If your talking about around the Country, add around 30 others, but if you class Walsall as a close rival, then yes, you are the bigger club, but I prefer their ground to yours, anyday.

so for weale to prove himself he needs to play the whole season to make up for any mistakes!

Archived