McAllister

Sproule

Elliott

Noble

Trundle

Adebola

Akinde

I quite like this as

Orr's delivery is so poor and has been for years. Wilson would help Sproule alot me in my opinion

Akinde looked great so give him a go. In the absence of that it has to be Brooker

Subs

Weale

Maynard

Orr

Sproule/McIndoe

Fontaine

............Basso.............

Orr......Carey.....Fontaine.....McCallistar

Noble......Elliott.....Johnson.....McIndoe

Maynard....Adebola

Subs: Trundle, Weale, Sproule, Brooker

That starting XI is as strong as most in the Championship, but I think yesterday proved our lack of strength in depth. With the spine of our team out, we look a shambles.

Our strongest 11?

Basso/Weale

Orr

Carey

Webster

Fontaine

Wilson

Johnson

Elliot

McIndoe

Trundle

Brooker

Subs:

Basso/Weale

Noble

Sproule

Maynard

McAllister

Would you really want Webster at the centre of defence after last night, League 1 for us pal if you pick the team!!!!

GK Basso

RB Orr

LB McAllister

CB Carey

CB Fontaine or McCombe (depends if opposition CF is fast or big)

LW Trundle

RW McIndoe (I know he's left footed but its not like he ever stays on the wing anyway!)

CM Elliot

CM Johnson

CF Brooker

CF Maynard

Subs

Weale; Fontaine/McCombe; Noble; Akinde; Sproule

If I was GJ, and everyone was fit, i would play

-------------BASSO------------------

ORR---CAREY----FONTAINE----MCALISTER

SPROULE-------ELLIOT----------MCINDOE

------------NOBLE----TRUNDLE--------------

----------------BROOKER----------------------

SUBS: Weale, Mcombe, Johnson, Adebola, Maynard

------------------------Weale-------------------------

---Orr----McCombe-----------Carey----McAllister--

------------------------Elliott--------------------------

--Sproule----------------------------------McIndoe--

-----------------------Trundle-------------------------

--------------Maynard----------Brooker-------------

only areas i wasn't sure on was in goal and who should partner Nicky up top but i think we have a good defense so should use our front 5 to attack attack attack...

In fact having read the thread in more detail i cant beleive the amount of teams that don't include Dele, some don't even have him on bench!

I am shocked that someone wants mcindoe on the RIGHT wing and Trundle on the left, beggars belief. Last season we played solid 4-4-2 with Mcindoe on left and in genereal a right footer on the right wing. Elliot and Johnson played centre mid and despite having two weeker players on the wing we had a solid spine and balance. Trundle and Maynard wont work upfront because maynard is the same as Byfield PLUS Trundle says himself he needs to be playing with a big target man so that means he needs to play with Dele or Brooker (i havnt seen Akinde so possibly him as well).

People are obsessed with wanting to change the team when someitmes all is needed is a little tweak. I didnt see last nights game but Trundle hasnt done nefing to justify sleection in my opinion. As good as that goal was against Brum his all round play was poor comapred to Adebolas. He came on against DOnny and gave the ball away about 4 times. I think hes good offf the bench, but a starter, not for me

In fact having read the thread in more detail i cant beleive the amount of teams that don't include Dele, some don't even have him on bench!

I am shocked that someone wants mcindoe on the RIGHT wing and Trundle on the left, beggars belief. Last season we played solid 4-4-2 with Mcindoe on left and in genereal a right footer on the right wing. Elliot and Johnson played centre mid and despite having two weeker players on the wing we had a solid spine and balance. Trundle and Maynard wont work upfront because maynard is the same as Byfield PLUS Trundle says himself he needs to be playing with a big target man so that means he needs to play with Dele or Brooker (i havnt seen Akinde so possibly him as well).

People are obsessed with wanting to change the team when someitmes all is needed is a little tweak. I didnt see last nights game but Trundle hasnt done nefing to justify sleection in my opinion. As good as that goal was against Brum his all round play was poor comapred to Adebolas. He came on against DOnny and gave the ball away about 4 times. I think hes good offf the bench, but a starter, not for me

I think the majority of the above teams have been picked by people who witnessed LT come on and totally turn a game in our favour last night, and look like creating something every time he touched the ball. Probably most also saw him do similar against Brum the other week, and on several other occasions.

Reason him on the left is he gets lots of crosses in, which need to come from his left boot. McIndoe its not so important which wing as he cuts inside more and runs at players more.

------------------------- ---WEALE--------------------------------------

-----WILSON----------CAREY------FONTAINE-------McALLISTER------

-----------------------------ELLIOTT--------------------------------------

----------McINDOE------------------------TRUNDLE---------------------

------------------------------NOBLE---------------------------------------

--------------------MAYNARD---------------------------------------------

----------------------------ADEBOLA-------------------------------------

.........Adriano Basso.........

.Liam Fontaine.Louis Carey.............

Bradley Orr............Jamie Mccalister

...........Marvin Elliot...........

Ivan Sproule.........Michael Mccindoe

...........David Noble...........

...........Lee Trundle...........

.........Nicky Maynard.........

Team instructions:

Orr and Mccalister over lap often, Mccindoe and Ivan staywide

Marvin run your self into the ground, put challenges in and close down for the whole game

Noble and Trundle look to feed Maynard in to the channels, Maynard stay on shoulder of last man, make runs regardless

Trundle get hold of the ball and look up, strut your stuff and express your self, shoot on sight

defensive line push up, except against real pace.

Keep ball on the floor until substitutions later in a game we are chasing

Subs:

Dele Adebola or Steve Brooker on if chasing a game and tactics don't look like they are going to bring a goal, change the tempo and play a few more direct balls to the front man.

Lee Johnson on if winning the game by a couple of goals to protect back four and consolidate lead.

Wilson on for sproule or mccindoe at some point

Williams for Noble at some point

thats how id play it at the moment

if not to try change how things look like going if we continue to adopt longballs, to apease the fans

I cant believe people have got Maynard in instead of Adebola, come on? whose carried him for 9 games this season. In the first half last night Adebola won probably 5 flick ons for Maynard to run on to, Maynard was 5 yards of the pace, a striker who really wanted it would have got on the end of those flicks.

.Why do you think Maynard was taken off.

Adebola has proved himself everywhere hes played, Maynard has to show he wants it or otherwise £2 million is going to be wasted on a player who obviously has talent but no desire.

/

I cant believe people have got Maynard in instead of Adebola, come on? whose carried him for 9 games this season. In the first half last night Adebola won probably 5 flick ons for Maynard to run on to, Maynard was 5 yards of the pace, a striker who really wanted it would have got on the end of those flicks.

.Why do you think Maynard was taken off.

Adebola has proved himself everywhere hes played, Maynard has to show he wants it or otherwise £2 million is going to be wasted on a player who obviously has talent but no desire.

how about we change our tactics and play to the man we spent money on instead of expecting him to be able to change a game single handidly that IS NOT HIS GAME

how about we change our tactics and play to the man we spent money on instead of expecting him to be able to change a game single handidly that IS NOT HIS GAME

Errrr, it may help if he actually showed for the ball, at the moment it is clear to see that Championship defenders have to much nous for him. He has had the ball into his feet numerous times but is not strong enough to make things happen. That is a fact. I want him to come good, the manager taking him off at HT last night shows that hes not happy the way he is playing.

not really a valid point that he gets it to his feet is it?

he doesnt want it there, he wants it ahead of him, with the defenders behind him, and the goal in front of him. its really quite simple. if you think Nicky Maynard wants the ball played into his feet you really need some help, thats like the people calling him lightweight....

Archived