IGNORED

Our Strongest Xi

Dolman_Stand

not really a valid point that he gets it to his feet is it?

he doesnt want it there, he wants it ahead of him, with the defenders behind him, and the goal in front of him. its really quite simple. if you think Nicky Maynard wants the ball played into his feet you really need some help, thats like the people calling him lightweight....

Well, read what i wrote in my first post :dunno: Adebola gave him PLENTY of chances to run on to through balls last night, or were you not there?. Honestly if you couldnt see it you must have had your eyes closed.

Hes off the pace of the championship, open your eyes.

Johnson took him off at HT, don't you get it. Hes paid £2 million for a striker who isnt showing any desire. Its up to him to show the manager and us that he really wants it.

This is a far tougher division than league 1 and at the moment hes finding it a bit to tough.

-----Brooker-------Trundle------

McIndoe----Noble------- ?

-------------Elliott----------------

---?-----Carey----- ?------ ?

-----------Basso-----------------

That looks like a questionable back four. Anyway, for what it's worth...

.....Weale...........

...Orr..Fontaine..Carey...Mcallister..

.......Wilson..Elliot..McIndoe............

.....Trundle.........

........Maynard..........Adebola.........

Weale because Basso's kicking is terrible and that's unacceptable for a professional footballer.

Wilson and Elliot told to protect the back four.

Trundle told to go where he wants. If this doesn't work bring on Noble in place of Trundle.

We finished 4th last season

So why would we change our tactics for him?

Also WHAT is his game?

I take it you didn't go to the Antwerp game? Maynard's first goal was a tap in from 4 yards.

AND no other striker that GJ has brought to AG has (had) that capability. NONE.

Unfortunately, to get the tap ins you need midfielders who are able to cross the ball from the byline.

What the **** do our wingers practice during the week?

I take it you didn't go to the Antwerp game? Maynard's first goal was a tap in from 4 yards.

AND no other striker that GJ has brought to AG has (had) that capability. NONE.

Unfortunately, to get the tap ins you need midfielders who are able to cross the ball from the byline.

What the **** do our wingers practice during the week?

Its about scoring goals in the championship

not in pre season mickey mouse games

How far out was akinde last night when he scored??

Well, read what i wrote in my first post :dunno: Adebola gave him PLENTY of chances to run on to through balls last night, or were you not there?. Honestly if you couldnt see it you must have had your eyes closed.

Hes off the pace of the championship, open your eyes.

Johnson took him off at HT, don't you get it. Hes paid £2 million for a striker who isnt showing any desire. Its up to him to show the manager and us that he really wants it.

This is a far tougher division than league 1 and at the moment hes finding it a bit to tough.

i did not question whether adebola gave him anything to run on to you idiot, you said he had the ball at his feet, by this i am taking it you meant the times he recieved the ball in front of the back four rather than behind?

off the pace, jesus christ. your football brain is making ivan sproule look like eric ###### cantona

wow GJ subbed him :o it happens & proves nothing, how can maynard prove he wants it? run around chasing the ball like a headless chicken? is that what you want? enoch was good at that :noexpression: hasnt really got him much recognition.

EDIT

"We thought Maynard could come through, but even he had to come off in the end." Gary Johnson

so yes he was subbed, but becuase he was injured. football brain i think not, idiot on the other hand hmmmm

We finished 4th last season

So why would we change our tactics for him?

Also WHAT is his game?

so what your saying is, break our record transfer fee for a striker and don't try and utilise his strengths by changing our approach play?

his game? getting on the end of crosses and making runs in behind defenders picking up through balls.... those things LJ refuses to play to him, but gavin, trunds and noble always try!

so your happy with being a nearly team, the only way you can progress in this division is to try to create the odd clear cut chance, if that means actually passing the ball foward and into spaces then surely a slight change in tactics from this awful hoofball we have ridiculed the watfords and the stokes for playing is worth it?

I cant believe people have got Maynard in instead of Adebola, come on? whose carried him for 9 games this season. In the first half last night Adebola won probably 5 flick ons for Maynard to run on to, Maynard was 5 yards of the pace, a striker who really wanted it would have got on the end of those flicks.

.Why do you think Maynard was taken off.

Adebola has proved himself everywhere hes played, Maynard has to show he wants it or otherwise £2 million is going to be wasted on a player who obviously has talent but no desire.

Maynard was the only front player creating space and linking play in the first half last night and ended up pulling a muscle chasing a lost cause. If noble and trundle had been on the pitch at the same time as maynard we wouldn't have been chasing the game in the second half.]

i did not question whether adebola gave him anything to run on to you idiot, you said he had the ball at his feet, by this i am taking it you meant the times he recieved the ball in front of the back four rather than behind?

off the pace, jesus christ. your football brain is making ivan sproule look like eric ###### cantona

wow GJ subbed him :o it happens & proves nothing, how can maynard prove he wants it? run around chasing the ball like a headless chicken? is that what you want? enoch was good at that :noexpression: hasnt really got him much recognition.

Dear oh dear :pacifier: . you idiot :clapping: . Look sunshine you havent got anything to go on. I covered your points in my previous posts. He is off the pace of the game, you obviously don't understand the game.I'm afraid i will disapoint you and tell you that i do :yes:

He hasnt got any recognition because he hasnt done anything to get it.

Its only the price tag that your trying to judge him by, please tell me what he contributed to the side last night and in the previous games?. Headless chicken, no, desire to get involved in the game, yes.

Why do you think he got taken of at HALF TIME?. I will tell you, he was no threat to the opposition defence, factimondo :yes:.

We all hope he comes good,hes obviously a decent player , but at the moment what hes doing is not good enough.

If your going to debate things come up with some answers and stop acting like a child.

Dear oh dear :pacifier: . you idiot :clapping: . Look sunshine you havent got anything to go on. I covered your points in my previous posts. He is off the pace of the game, you obviously don't understand the game.I'm afraid i will disapoint you and tell you that i do :yes:

He hasnt got any recognition because he hasnt done anything to get it.

Its only the price tag that your trying to judge him by, please tell me what he contributed to the side last night and in the previous games?. Headless chicken, no, desire to get involved in the game, yes.

Why do you think he got taken of at HALF TIME?. I will tell you, he was no threat to the opposition defence, factimondo :yes:.

We all hope he comes good,hes obviously a decent player , but at the moment what hes doing is not good enough.

If your going to debate things come up with some answers and stop acting like a child.

hahahaha

what a flaming mug

i quote GJ after the game about injuries "We thought Maynard could come through, but even he had to come off in the end."

factimundo, the only fact is you havn't got a clue what is happening at the club. well done :)

you havnt got anything to go as you cant possibly admit you are worng, how can you expect a striker of his nature to effect a game when the ball is given to him in front of defenders? he does beat people with skill ala trundle he does not hit wonder passes and through balls ala Noble

he wants to run onto a through ball on occasions

no point talking to you "day release" lot

Maynard was the only front player creating space and linking play in the first half last night and ended up pulling a muscle chasing a lost cause. If noble and trundle had been on the pitch at the same time as maynard we wouldn't have been chasing the game in the second half.]

If Noble had been on the pitch the whole game we would probably have won at a canter, hes the most creative midfielder we have. Maynard was not linking the play at all. he was in my line of vision throughout the first half ( lower Dolman, Atyeo end).

I would be the first to say so if he was playing well, but we all know he isnt.

hahahaha

what a flaming mug

i quote GJ after the game about injuries "We thought Maynard could come through, but even he had to come off in the end."

factimundo, the only fact is you havn't got a clue what is happening at the club. well done :)

you havnt got anything to go as you cant possibly admit you are worng, how can you expect a striker of his nature to effect a game when the ball is given to him in front of defenders? he does beat people with skill ala trundle he does not hit wonder passes and through balls ala Noble

he wants to run onto a through ball on occasions

no point talking to you "day release" lot

:rofl2br::rofl2br: I am finding it really hard to keep up with your untamed wit, :rolleyes: Course i don't know whats happening at the club, ive only been going 35 years :whistle2: .

£2 MILLION . for a striker that YOU say hes no good when he gets the ball INFRONT of defenders :rofl2br::rofl2br: Quick go and tell Johnson weve been mugged.

Come back with some more of your hilarious stuff, i cant wait :pacifier:

stopped going on about half time then? he was injured.... but you couldnt admit being wrong now could you? laughable really quite laughable

something in the water in bridgy isnt there, 35 years, wasted a lot of money watching those pretty matching uniforms havnt we?

ill tell you what, shall we do a little case study? it wont be too difficult, you might be able to"keep up".

ill keep it slow though just in case your struggling

there is this striker, he has scored over 40 goals for England, he has played for Real Madrid and he has played for Liverpool, they are really quite big clubs!

now, in his prime he loved the ball in behind as he had this thing called pace (run quickly) he wanted to be able to get into a position where he had no defenders near him and only the goalkeeper (the one who has his own special different coloured uniform) to beat. he rarely beat players with the ball at his feet, only showing a good change of pace when he needed to

there is another striker, about 10 years after the england fellow burst onto the scene, who in his career at Crewe played like that fellow from 10 years previous did, running on to through balls week in week out. he did this so successfully that a team from a division above spent loads of money on him, but since going there that team want him to do things that he isnt used to doing or comfortable doing.

the thing is, goalscorers are not going to do what you want them to be doing, they will be getting into posistions to score goals if the right delivery is supplied. thats why dirk kuyt has such a poor goalscoring record and owen has a brilliant record.

being a striker is such a simple job(talks from experience) when the service is of a sufficient standard, i am very confident that if michael owen or even fernando torres was in this team they would do no better than maynard as he is supplied nothing from our midfield. you yourself spoke of noble, but maynard has never played with him so we have never seen how a creative midfielder could add to nicky's game.

EDIT

"We thought Maynard could come through, but even he had to come off in the end." Gary Johnson

so yes he was subbed, but becuase he was injured. football brain i think not, idiot on the other hand hmmmm

Oh of course, i expect you believe MCindoe was injured as well don't you :whistle2:

Oh of course, i expect you believe MCindoe was injured as well don't you :whistle2:

and i expect you have some reason to doubt the club and it's officials then?

let me guess

forgotten your medication?

or this could be yet another sign that you cannot be wrong even when it comes from the horses mouth

get a grip really

personally MM doesnt deserve a place in the side atm but there is no cover so

stopped going on about half time then? he was injured.... but you couldnt admit being wrong now could you? laughable really quite laughable

something in the water in bridgy isnt there, 35 years, wasted a lot of money watching those pretty matching uniforms havnt we?

ill tell you what, shall we do a little case study? it wont be too difficult, you might be able to"keep up".

there is this striker, he has scored over 40 goals for England, he has played for Real Madrid and he has played for Liverpool, they are really quite big clubs!

now, in his prime he loved the ball in behind as he had this thing called pace (run quickly) he wanted to be able to get into a position where he had no defenders near him and only the goalkeeper (the one who has his own special different coloured uniform) to beat. he rarely beat players with the ball at his feet, only showing a good change of pace when he needed to

there is another striker, about 10 years after the england fellow burst onto the scene, who in his career at Crewe played like that fellow from 10 years previous did, running on to through balls week in week out. he did this so successfully that a team from a division above spent loads of money on him, but since going there that team want him to do things that he isnt used to doing or comfortable doing.

the thing is, goalscorers are not going to do what you want them to be doing, they will be getting into posistions to score goals if the right delivery is supplied. thats why dirk kuyt has such a poor goalscoring record and owen has a brilliant record.

being a striker is such a simple job(talks from experience) when the service is of a sufficient standard, i am very confident that if michael owen or even fernando torres was in this team they would do no better than maynard as he is supplied nothing from our midfield. you yourself spoke of noble, but maynard has never played with him so we have never seen how a creative midfielder could add to nicky's game.

This striker you talk of, isnt he the one nobody wanted? Isnt he playing at Newcastle? Arent they 19th in the League?

Being a striker isnt simple at all. Torres wouldnt score in our team? Funny that, I could swear he scores screamers out of nothing and takes players on to score goals out of nothing, that being the Premier League too.

I appreciate you're quite new on here, but don't start getting cocky, insulting older members you should have a bit more respect for.

Micheal Owen would have had a hat trick in the first half last night.Because Adebola put 4 or 5 flick ons into the space where his co striker should have been running. Instead that co striker was standing flat footed watching.

You don't know anymore about Maynards game than what you have seen this season, you didnt go to Crewe each week, your judging how good you think he is on how much we paid, we all hope he comes good but we all know at the mo hes struggling.

You can spin it whichever way you want but he is struggling.

We are talking about what he has done so far and especially last night.

Ive played, managed, reffed and watched football for over 40 years so don't try and preach to me about the game cos i know it inside out, any £2 million striker would have been disapointed in his performance last night and don't try and say they wouldnt.

Anyway your boring me now :yes:

so you just accept people are right even when they are wrong?

not in my nature.

and I'm not sure what the length of time ive been on a forum means? i don't look at the number of posts before i decide if there right or wrong, that defeats the object of a forum surely

weight of arguments before number of posts accumilated over a number of years

although torres may well be a bad example, most of his goals arent screamers, but running with pace onto a through ball.

and to say nobody wants one of the best"goalscorers" isnt really right, he went to newcastle for the reason he needed football, and whilst there he has continued his fantastic goalscoring record. I'm sure if offered to any club in that division he would be signed, including the big 3 and arsenal

and i expect you have some reason to doubt the club and it's officials then?

let me guess

forgotten your medication?

or this could be yet another sign that you cannot be wrong even when it comes from the horses mouth

get a grip really

personally MM doesnt deserve a place in the side atm but there is no cover so

No i don't believe the club officials, and i doubt many people ITK do.

You don't actually understand the MCindoe situation do you, or is it that you don't actually know what happened. :rofl2br: Think you either need to grow up or shut up, you best go to bed now, school in the morning.

Ive got some spare medication, but i will wait till your old enough.

Micheal Owen would have had a hat trick in the first half last night.Because Adebola put 4 or 5 flick ons into the space where his co striker should have been running. Instead that co striker was standing flat footed watching.

You don't know anymore about Maynards game than what you have seen this season, you didnt go to Crewe each week, your judging how good you think he is on how much we paid, we all hope he comes good but we all know at the mo hes struggling.

You can spin it whichever way you want but he is struggling.

We are talking about what he has done so far and especially last night.

Ive played, managed, reffed and watched football for over 40 years so don't try and preach to me about the game cos i know it inside out, any £2 million striker would have been disapointed in his performance last night and don't try and say they wouldnt.

Anyway your boring me now :yes:

very high opinion of yourself don't you? ive reffed a 5 aside game, ive played for my whole childhood and ive been watching football for 15 years, i even coached for a while, and ill probably take that up after uni. doesnt neccesarily mean i know the game inside out.

i think i know a lot about the game, and I'm fairly confident you do too, but I'm farly confident you didnt play up front and if you did you were a target man not a goalscorer,

i agree wholeheartedly that NM is struggling, but that is not his fault in my opinion, but tha fault of the manager, as was lee trundles failures last season. the manager must take responsibilty for the style of play and hitting balls up to dele and maynard isnt the style that will succeed. as shown by this season.

I'm boring? you havent said a thing different throughout this dicussion, but hey ho each to there own

so you just accept people are right even when they are wrong?

not in my nature.

and I'm not sure what the length of time ive been on a forum means? i don't look at the number of posts before i decide if there right or wrong, that defeats the object of a forum surely

weight of arguments before number of posts accumilated over a number of years

although torres may well be a bad example, most of his goals arent screamers, but running with pace onto a through ball.

and to say nobody wants one of the best"goalscorers" isnt really right, he went to newcastle for the reason he needed football, and whilst there he has continued his fantastic goalscoring record. I'm sure if offered to any club in that division he would be signed, including the big 3 and arsenal

don't understand your first point, it doesnt even make sense.

Disagree with Torres, most his goals arent from through balls, more opportunist or self made.

Owen did need football...but why Newcastle then...?

He is available, as he was back then, for around £5-8m and no clubs, especially the big 4 are interested one bit. Because he isnt a team player.

No i don't believe the club officials, and i doubt many people ITK do.

You don't actually understand the MCindoe situation do you, or is it that you don't actually know what happened. :rofl2br: Think you either need to grow up or shut up, you best go to bed now, school in the morning.

Ive got some spare medication, but i will wait till your old enough.

ok mate your realy intimidating me now, all these things your saying they're really convincing me your right :noexpression:

ITK? are you really? wow mccindoe said some shit in the papers woopdy doo, and then yessir came on and told us bla blah

tbh after yesterdays actions and the ammount of insults yessir has been throwing about lately maybe yessir is GJ, but as i don't know that ill just imagine the fella knows as much as me.

grow up? haha very funny youve been supporting city twice as long as ive been alive yet your acting like a child.

don't understand your first point, it doesnt even make sense.

Disagree with Torres, most his goals arent from through balls, more opportunist or self made.

Owen did need football...but why Newcastle then...?

He is available, as he was back then, for around £5-8m and no clubs, especially the big 4 are interested one bit. Because he isnt a team player.

ill make myself clearer then, are you telling me to accept what ever bill says as fact because you say i should, even though i think he is wrong?

well we shall agree to disagree over torres, and of course owen is not a team player, its not his job to work hard its his job to score goals! a team of dirk kuyts would not beat a team of individual players at all

ill make myself clearer then, are you telling me to accept what ever bill says as fact because you say i should, even though i think he is wrong?

well we shall agree to disagree over torres, and of course owen is not a team player, its not his job to work hard its his job to score goals! a team of dirk kuyts would not beat a team of individual players at all

No, I just mean have a bit more respect. He has already said he's been watching City for 30 odd years, and you are clearly just an adolescent kid, so you shouldnt talk in such a disrespectful manner towards someone who is probably more clued up.

You've hit the nail on the head there, he's there to score goals. What is Maynard doing exactly?

but that is my point, if we played the way with owen in ther team play he would score goals, but we don't.

and respect is earned, adolecent kid isnt very respectful is it? 4 years older than me? watching about as long? give me a break if he didnt get all bitchy i wouldnt have even bothered continuing the argument

and clued up? are you seriously saying that because he has been going for 30 odd years he is immediatly going to have a better understanding? that is plain crazy

but that is my point, if we played the way with owen in ther team play he would score goals, but we don't.

and respect is earned, adolecent kid isnt very respectful is it? 4 years older than me? watching about as long? give me a break if he didnt get all bitchy i wouldnt have even bothered continuing the argument

and clued up? are you seriously saying that because he has been going for 30 odd years he is immediatly going to have a better understanding? that is plain crazy

Ok. Points well made.

:noexpression:

oh **** this

whats the point

I'm wrong, maynard is shit and its nothing to do with service

bill knows football inside out, and should immediatly be appointed as GJ's successor with dezigmed taking over from KM

any questioning of there judgemnt will be punished with ridicule and contempt by said "superhumans"

so much elitism is attatched to this club and it stinks

oh **** this

whats the point

I'm wrong, maynard is shit and its nothing to do with service

bill knows football inside out, and should immediatly be appointed as GJ's successor with dezigmed taking over from KM

any questioning of there judgemnt will be punished with ridicule and contempt by said "superhumans"

so much elitism is attatched to this club and it stinks

:dancing6:

Do you even know what you're saying? Elitism?? :rofl2br:

Archived