IGNORED

Andy Webster

easton boy

Since getting in at 10:15 last night I have been waiting for a topic to start regarding Mr Webster and his "performance" last night.

I can't see one, so unfortunately I thought that it was time to start one myself.

Putting it simply - ABSOLUTELY USELESS!

I HATE HATE HATE criticising ANY player that puts on the glorious red shirt, but bloody hell people this guy was so far off the pace;

couldn't win an aerial challenge;

couldn't pass the ball more than 5 yards - in fact his only passes were either to Fonts or lump it forward to Dele(whom he couldn't find either).

couldn't tackle;

poor positional awareness;

lacked pace

need I go on.

Quite simply the worst CB performance of the last 20 years (and I include Mr Gus Cesar in that).

Half time I was saying to anybody who could understand me from the froth coming from my Gob, that surely Skuse couldn't have done any worse at CB than him.

Bit harsh - and hardly encouraging to anyone new to the club to start a post slagging off their performance.

"Quite simply the worst CB performance of the last 20 years (and I include Mr Gus Cesar in that)"

Err - I beg to differ...

But even if you were right - and assuming Andy is needed on Saturday - I can't see how your observations help him or the club at all.

Personally, I think both Webster AND Fontaine were suspect last night. It was obvious that Basso had no confidence in his centrebacks.

personally i would think the centrebacks would have no confidence in basso at the mo what with the woeful keeping for there 1st goal

Bit harsh - and hardly encouraging to anyone new to the club to start a post slagging off their performance.

"Quite simply the worst CB performance of the last 20 years (and I include Mr Gus Cesar in that)"

Err - I beg to differ...

But even if you were right - and assuming Andy is needed on Saturday - I can't see how your observations help him or the club at all.

its a forum for fans to discuss the club, as webster is for the time being a player at the club there is every reason to assess his performances. as he doesnt yet look up to the job it wouldnt really make sense to say he played well would it? and if I'm honest i very much doubt the lad reads this, let alone cry's at night about it. his performances so far for us should be sufficient for him to be crying :innocent06:

its a forum for fans to discuss the club, as webster is for the time being a player at the club there is every reason to assess his performances. as he doesnt yet look up to the job it wouldnt really make sense to say he played well would it? and if I'm honest i very much doubt the lad reads this, let alone cry's at night about it. his performances so far for us should be sufficient for him to be crying :innocent06:

fair point - and taken

...and it's a very entertaining forum which I visit far more times than I post on - but I still think picking out individual players after a handful of appearances and slagging them off is a tad unfair...goodness knows we've had some guys have entirely inadequate CAREERS at BCFC

i don't think entertaining is the word anymore in all honesty

which is a pity, nobody can admit they are wrong or enjoy any debates or whatever

personally i think it is fair to assess him now, he had his first start and he has been training since he arrived. and yes there have been a few worse than him sean dyche springs to mind

Lets be really honest guys,

Mr G J described webster as a coo when he signed him on loan,

The fact that he has not started a game untill last nigh tells you the story, He is rubbish end of,

It sound good, he played for scotland, he plays for Rangers, yeah Ok 1 bloody game in 2 years, he was awful last night and we just aswell send him back,

I sure we have better players than him out on loan, :disapointed2se:

jesus christ I'm fed up of some of the rubbish I read on here, between you and the orgignal poster..

he was signed as experienced cover for McCombe/Fontaine and Carey and is a more than adequate 4th choice centre half

Ok he hasn't impressed at Rangers due to being injuried pretty much solid since he's been there, but prior to injury he was an established player at Hearts and a regular nearly 5 years and played for Scotland over 20 times., something that neither Jamie McAllister or LJ were in there times at Hearts or in Scotland, so there is no doubt the bloke has some ability.

It was a poor debut YES, but in the first half there was 1o other poor players. It's his first start for City and against a more than capable forward at this level in Rory Fallon, he's not going to play much for us admitly, but he's MORE than adequate to cover us until xmas when others will be fit, and young Wilson will have some first team experience and as johnson said at the time he's a good signing to bring in.

Unfortunately some people just like to consistently hammer player after player without any valid reasons, such as yourself.

personally......I'd like to judge you as a fan in the same way you are judging certain players at such an early stage in their time at City, here goes, you haven't been here long which sums you up, you post crap and you seem about as much of a city fan as Ian Holloway.....

Millen must of been well embarrased with websters performance on tuesday, give me vasko & keogh anyday, always remember vasko performance on Darius Henderson when we played watford at home last season, totally out battled him. cant see webster doing half as good against Henderson at sheff Utd on saturday (thats if hes playing!) Carey's place more under threat form our mascot.

Millen must of been well embarrased with websters performance on tuesday, give me vasko & keogh anyday, always remember vasko performance on Darius Henderson when we played watford at home last season, totally out battled him. cant see webster doing half as good against Henderson at sheff Utd on saturday (thats if hes playing!) Carey's place more under threat form our mascot.

Webster is MORE than capable of being a decent player at this level, a few people have mentioned Vasko, but how long did it take him to actually settle into the club/team?

I remember his debut and he was shocking......incidently that was a 2-2 draw as well.......give the bloke time,

Webster is MORE than capable of being a decent player at this level, a few people have mentioned Vasko, but how long did it take him to actually settle into the club/team?

I remember his debut and he was shocking......incidently that was a 2-2 draw as well.......give the bloke time,

At what position? Surely not CB unless the forwards he's playing against are 5ft schoolboys? He was too lightweight in his challenges on Tuesday and didn't win one contested header.

I'd have happily driven him to the airport and bought his ticket on Tuesday night!

Archived