IGNORED

Andy Webster

easton boy

Since getting in at 10:15 last night I have been waiting for a topic to start regarding Mr Webster and his "performance" last night.

I can't see one, so unfortunately I thought that it was time to start one myself.

Putting it simply - ABSOLUTELY USELESS!

I HATE HATE HATE criticising ANY player that puts on the glorious red shirt, but bloody hell people this guy was so far off the pace;

couldn't win an aerial challenge;

couldn't pass the ball more than 5 yards - in fact his only passes were either to Fonts or lump it forward to Dele(whom he couldn't find either).

couldn't tackle;

poor positional awareness;

lacked pace

need I go on.

Quite simply the worst CB performance of the last 20 years (and I include Mr Gus Cesar in that).

Half time I was saying to anybody who could understand me from the froth coming from my Gob, that surely Skuse couldn't have done any worse at CB than him.

Since getting in at 10:15 last night I have been waiting for a topic to start regarding Mr Webster and his "performance" last night.

I can't see one, so unfortunately I thought that it was time to start one myself.

Webster has meandered himself, in typically unforthright fashion, into the hitherto latter stages of the 'Carey and McIndoe dropped' thread.

Edit... so have you, I now see, in a much more forthright way!

Webster has meandered himself, in typically unforthright fashion, into the latter stages of thec 'Carey and McIndoe dropped' thread.

Yes, I know I have responded on one of the other topics myself.

But for a performance so abjectly bad, no-one had bothered to start a topic on him (although from memory there is at least one kicking about LJ - yawn)

Personally, I think both Webster AND Fontaine were suspect last night. It was obvious that Basso had no confidence in his centrebacks.

Maybe Fontaine looked suspect to you because he is used to playing with a more competent defensive partner, i.e. Carey or McCombe? :dunno:

He was one of many poor players last night. however he does merit a thread of his own.

for him, is that he will have had little match practice and probably only knew he was playing on the day or so.

against him is abject passing (often straight to an oppo), no aura / presence on the pitch, not big enough, poor header of the ball (based on last night), slow, took far to long on the ball to then only pass sideways or punt it aimlessly forward. added zero threat up front at set pieces.

Bring back the big bad Vilmos?? me thinks, at least he caused havoc in the oppo's half when it was needed and was certainly not a worse defender.

I felt for him in having LJ and Skuse in front of him thou!! About the most lightweight middle pairing I have seen in a city shirt for a long while, both just love to give the ball away in dangerous positions, re Plymouths first goal..

Webster was poor and had just two passes in his locker - the hoof up to Adebola and the sideways pass to either full back. Fallon was too good for him. If this guy played for Scotland now wonder they rarely qualify for anything. The standard up there must be worse than I thought.

But...it was his first start and if last nights performance is anything to go by possibly his last.

Lets be really honest guys,

Mr G J described webster as a coo when he signed him on loan,

The fact that he has not started a game untill last nigh tells you the story, He is rubbish end of,

It sound good, he played for scotland, he plays for Rangers, yeah Ok 1 bloody game in 2 years, he was awful last night and we just aswell send him back,

I sure we have better players than him out on loan, :disapointed2se:

Our problem is without Boom Boom we are desperatley short at CB. Infact with Ribiero/Mccombe/Carey all out last night through injury and the fact we sold our best reserve CB in Keogh we really do have to scrape the bottom of the barrel, hence Webster starting.

We could send him back as its obvious he's not hear for the long term, but what else can we do? Young defender from the prem who's not getting a game...or another scottish player....triffic.

I'd say bring James Wilson back from Brentford as he's getting rave reviews. But i would have though GJ would have done that already if he rates him at all.

Although I don't think he played very well! I think your all being abit harsh! After all it was his 1st start for us in a much changed team! No one stood out in the1st half last night and when you have two centre midfielders giving the ball away and a centre back partner who is used to playing with a dominant defender in carey! It was a big ask for him to come in and be amazing! If he had a few games id expect him to get alot better. But hopefully carey will be back sat!

Although I don't think he played very well! I think your all being abit harsh!

Being a bit harsh!!!

What is harsh is this man's ineptitude is bordering on the criminally fraudulent by calling his stated profession as "footballer" - you do know that you are contributing to his wages right?

After all it was his 1st start for us in a much changed team!

Didn't stop Akinde and Trunds from playing well did it?

No one stood out in the1st half last night and when you have two centre midfielders giving the ball away

The two Cm's did not play well last night - agree with you, but when you look to receive the ball from the CB and he takes two touches to control it; 30 seconds to look around and think about it; and another 10 seconds to engage right boot - then the Plymuff midfield MIGHT have a bit of an inkling that the ball might be going 10 yards to Skuse or Johnson - so when they receive the ball they are under pressure, not just by one Plymuff MF but 2 and on occassions 3 players.

and a centre back partner who is used to playing with a dominant defender in carey!

Uhhhh your point being.......

It was a big ask for him to come in and be amazing! If he had a few games id expect him to get alot better. But hopefully carey will be back sat!

NOBODY was expecting him to be amazing. We don't want or need our Cb's to be amazing - just adequate will do fine!!

COME BACK VASKO, COME BACK KEOGH - HELL COME BACK RICHARD DRYDEN

Although I don't think he played very well! I think your all being abit harsh! After all it was his 1st start for us in a much changed team! No one stood out in the1st half last night and when you have two centre midfielders giving the ball away and a centre back partner who is used to playing with a dominant defender in carey! It was a big ask for him to come in and be amazing! If he had a few games id expect him to get alot better. But hopefully carey will be back sat!

With the greatest respect mate, this guy is a Rangers player who has played International football, It should of been a walk in the park, He's come here to get his self sharper, he on loan from a Bigger club........he's a coo for the club.....load of old balls if you ask me...........

Sorry I was bang out of order! Lets continue to slate our players! :disapointed2se:

I do agree with the bring back Vasko bit though! Would have rather had him playing last night! Would rather have him playing over mcombe but thats a different matter!

edit- double post

Sorry I was bang out of order! Lets continue to slate our players! :disapointed2se:

I do agree with the bring back Vasko bit though! Would have rather had him playing last night! Would rather have him playing over mcombe but thats a different matter!

Sorry Sodbury Red. I didn't mean to go over the top.

Its just that the guy had me spitting blood last night.

I have never felt the need to slate any of our players but Jeees!!!

Vasko didn't do an awful lot wrong and was dropped, more than once, for a performance a LOT better than Mr Websters last night.

On the positive side with Mr Webster,thankfully he is someone elses player, so we can give him back :dancing6:

Once again sorry.

Sorry Sodbury Red. I didn't mean to go over the top.

Its just that the guy had me spitting blood last night.

I have never felt the need to slate any of our players but Jeees!!!

Vasko didn't do an awful lot wrong and was dropped, more than once, for a performance a LOT better than Mr Websters last night.

On the positive side with Mr Webster,thankfully he is someone elses player, so we can give him back :dancing6:

Once again sorry.

Thats alright :icecream: Just seems that alot of posters on here think players are sh*t untill proven good!

I think I might just be living in hope regarding Webster! Ill take the rose tinted specs off!

Putting it simply - ABSOLUTELY USELESS!

I HATE HATE HATE criticising ANY player that puts on the glorious red shirt, but bloody hell people this guy was so far off the pace;

couldn't win an aerial challenge;

couldn't pass the ball more than 5 yards - in fact his only passes were either to Fonts or lump it forward to Dele(whom he couldn't find either).

couldn't tackle;

poor positional awareness;

lacked pace

need I go on.

Quite simply the worst CB performance of the last 20 years (and I include Mr Gus Cesar in that).

Half time I was saying to anybody who could understand me from the froth coming from my Gob, that surely Skuse couldn't have done any worse at CB than him.

what do you the likes of James Wilson feels who is getting rave reviews at Brentford and if you read there forum could easily make the step up to the Championship nor forgeting he has come through the academy

Webster played School Boy football last night. Hoof it forward to whoever who can get it and you've done your job.

I played centre back on sunday and I think I was probably better!

(Hint in message to sign me :D)

now now Lewis we all know Ollie Clements is capable of a CB role at the club ;)

All his misplaced passes?! Maybe one or two, but let's all just conveniently ignore all the passes that did work, shall we? And just for luck, let's boo our own team as well like those numpties at Wolves or Watford.

Webster is a sweeper, he plays behind the other centre back and isn't expected to win a lot of headers. He had a shaky start but then he and Fontaine clicked and all was well (granted, they could've clicked before conceding two goals).

On the subject, Noble was rubbish last night. All he did was run around the pitch trying to link up play. And that Akinde, well, he's only scored one goal since he came here; I don't know why we even bought him.

either way...

but on a serious note !

Webster was awful

was the most un anticipied CB i have watched in a while..... and ive been to see Kewstoke a few times...

:innocent06:

All his misplaced passes?! Maybe one or two, but let's all just conveniently ignore all the passes that did work, shall we? And just for luck, let's boo our own team as well like those numpties at Wolves or Watford.

Webster didn't make a good ball once! There were a lot more than one or two bad passes.

Webster is a sweeper, he plays behind the other centre back and isn't expected to win a lot of headers. He had a shaky start but then he and Fontaine clicked and all was well (granted, they could've clicked before conceding two goals).

I must of missed the moment they clicked then. Fontaine looked shaky as well, he looks lost without Carey. Not expected to win headers? Centre back or Sweeper or anywhere for a matter of fact needs the ability to head the ball if put in the situation to do so.

On the subject, Noble was rubbish last night. All he did was run around the pitch trying to link up play. And that Akinde, well, he's only scored one goal since he came here; I don't know why we even bought him.

How can you possible post this utter bit of crap? Noble linked up play as it's job as a playmaker and it's his job to score goals. As for Akinde well how can you say he's only scored once, HE'S PLAYED ONE ######G GAME!

He was so far off Rory Fallon for the goal last night it was untrue. Ive seen this guy play at Crewe where Anthony Elding took him to the cleaners and all of his substitue appearances to date. Lack of games? I don't think so. Because anybody who knows anything about football at this level will know that this guy isn't good enough/hasn't got the ability.I'm sure the management will have realised that by now. However,don't blame Andy Webster :disapointed2se: because if you were asked to play you would even if you knew you wern't good enough. I hope James Beattie hasn't watched the video of last night because he'd be rubbing his hands at the prospect of facing him and I will be there to witness it if that happens. We all want anyone who plays for us to do well in the red shirt but sometimes you have to call it as it is......and I have in my opinion.

Thats me dropped for Saturday :innocent06:

CTID

Archived