IGNORED

City V Sheffield Utd

bartolona

Because hes the only one putting in the workrate and creating openings for others upfront. Its not his fault that all the graft hes put in hasnt been capatalised on by his strike partner.

I simply cant believe that you asked the question :noexpression:

Maynard growing wings aint going to happpen!

Agreed.

I actually think Trundle and Noble might be more effective from the bench at the moment, but it is really great they are in the squad.

Just think; Sheffield United get Big Dele and Big John bashing them about for 60-70 minutes, then could face Trundle, Nobes and Maynard coming off the bench to pick at the holes and exploit the tired legs.

Good plan me thinks.

Yeah, in he meantime, we go 2 goals down again in the first 60-70 minutes, and once again it's left to the likes of those three to come on and save the day.

We are just not good enough, we are nothing but a small fish in a big pond. I think we will struggle this season, we have a battle on our hands.

at the moment, there is no doubt we are not good enough to be pushing for promotion, that the club stated was the aim at the start of the season.

However we are only 1/2 players short of a geniune promotion team. A Quality Central midfielder to play alongside Elliott is VITAL absoultely VITAL and a right winger would be nice, however between Wilson/Williams/Murray/Sproule hopefully one of them can hit some form....

the question though HAS to be asked, despite Akinde getting a tap in on Tuesday, what does Trundle have to do to get a start. SHOCKING

Chris Weale plays v Wolves. Makes a 'howler' for the first goal, and is dropped for the next game.

Adriano Basso plays v Plymouth. Makes a 'howler' for the first goal, and plays the next game.

Adriano Basso plays again v Sheffield United. Makes another 'howler' for the first goal. Wonder what'll happen next week?

People say Basso wasn't match fit and needed to get up to speed. Well, Chris Weale had only played about a handful of first team games in the last year, came into the team and did a reasonably good job, just making the one 'howler'.

I like Basso, but come on; let's have some consistency of selection policy.

If you listen to the commentry, he is having a very good game and is causing all sorts of problems for the su defence.

THAT IS WHY !

Must be the old lump it to Dele, who wins the header, but the ball goes nowhere near a city player!!

...blimey, when was the last time WE werent in the top half of the table??

table as it stands...

Birmingham 10 23 7 13 1-0 FT v QPR

Wolverhampton 10 22 12 24 1-2 v Swansea

Reading 10 20 14 24 1-0 v Burnley

Sheff Utd 10 17 6 13 1-0 v Bristol City

Plymouth 10 15 2 13 3-0 v Sheff Wed

Cardiff 10 15 2 11 1-1 FT v Blackpool

Burnley 10 15 -1 12 0-1 v Reading

Swansea 10 15 -2 11 2-1 v Wolverhampton

Sheff Wed 10 15 -5 12 0-3 v Plymouth

QPR 10 14 0 11 0-1 FT v Birmingham

Preston 10 14 -2 12 1-2 v Watford

Ipswich 10 13 4 14 1-1 v Charlton

Bristol City 10 13 3 13 0-1 v Sheff Utd

Derby 10 13 0 9 1-0 v Norwich

Blackpool 10 13 -2 8 1-1 FT v Cardiff

Coventry 9 12 -1 8 KO 17:20 (H) v Southampton

Crystal Palace 10 12 -2 9 1-0 v Nottm Forest

Charlton 10 11 -1 11 1-1 v Ipswich

Southampton 9 11 -1 10 KO 17:20 (A) v Coventry

Watford 10 11 -3 13 2-1 v Preston

Norwich 10 10 -4 7 0-1 v Derby

Doncaster 10 10 -8 5 1-0 v Barnsley

Barnsley 10 5 -8 4 0-1 v Doncaster

Nottm Forest 10 5 -10 7 0-1 v Crystal Palace

bottom half...... Come On City!!! - the only way is up!!!! :fingerscrossed:

Chris Weale plays v Wolves. Makes a 'howler' for the first goal, and is dropped for the next game.

Adriano Basso plays v Plymouth. Makes a 'howler' for the first goal, and plays the next game.

Adriano Basso plays again v Sheffield United. Makes another 'howler' for the first goal. Wonder what'll happen next week?

People say Basso wasn't match fit and needed to get up to speed. Well, Chris Weale had only played about a handful of first team games in the last year, came into the team and did a reasonably good job, just making the one 'howler'.

I like Basso, but come on; let's have some consistency of selection policy.

ALL TRUE.

Basso's made a few c**k ups since being at City, but never gets dropped

Have to feel sorry for Weale.

People say Basso is the better keeper, but based on what? Weale has never been given a fair chance to prove he's a better keeper

GJ has been found out, he is nothiong more than a League 1 manager at best. Time to get a real manager in place before it's to late. What idiot club to stick him on a 5 year deal. Also only a week or two back fools on here were scraed he may get pouched by a Prem club. So many on here live in Noddy land. :whistle:

I realise he's a striker but has he ever been prolific? there's more to his game. If only people can see that :disapointed2se:

That's right, cos I watch football with my eyes shut!

I'm a big fan of Emile Heskey, and he's probably as close a style of player as you'll get to Adebola, but he doesn't score many.

The problem with Adebola is he has lost any pace he had as he is getting old; he doesn't keep hold of the ball nearly half as much as he should; and for a supposedly big striker wins practically nothing in the air! I am not just judging him on his goalscoring ability, but his all-round game, and that has been distinctly lacking so far this season.

In his 45 mins against Plymouth, John Akinde caused more trouble for their defence than Adebola had for all the defences he played against this season!

Archived