IGNORED

City V Sheffield Utd

bartolona

Why all this moaning? We all know we've got too small a squad, No quality in depth and until Mr Lansdown gives us 6 - 10 million to spend on some real quality - 2 wingers, a central midfielder, a centerhalf at least - then we'll never be close to the play offs

McIndoe was right !!!!!!!!!!

Said BEFORE we needed a minimum 3 players to improve this team,the mid-field is poor minus Elliott once again a player comes back to haunt us Fallon (tues) Cotterill today.This season we have been sussed lump it forward and hope,the wing play is awful sproule has always annoyed with his 1 good game in 6/7 games.Mcindoe blows more cold than hot this season leaving sod all for Maynard to work with. Howard goes to Sheff utd another quality player slips through this season is showing how far we are away from any real quality.

Agree with that. I think last season's freak league position convinced us that we are better than we really are.

We are getting "found out" in a big way this season. Three wins in ten games is hardly promotion form - if things don't improve then we'll be facing up to the prospect of a rapid return to League One!

What bothers me is the fact that we were poor tues but it appeared a couple of players came on took their chance and earned an opportunity to keep their place. Adebola was lucky to stay on tues and like it or not this hes a huge guy and causes defences all sorts of problems; Id like to see this return itself as goals and it just isnt happening. Other than LJ he's the one permanant starter ;not sure re Jamie Mc and think as such both of them should be rested as it;s pretty obvious neither merit their place on current form. Wouldn't mind if we were playing decent football but it won't happen whilst we leave the talent on the bench. Sorry about punctuation but in Istanbul and cant work out keyboard.

The right side is fine.

Wilson is a far superior all round player than Sproule.

He may not be a winger but he adds alot more to the team and creates at least as much.

He is a better all round player but he is not right midfielder/winger. He is a right back.

Of course the right is a problem- we have been chopping and changin all season to try and find the right option when in reality we haven't got a decent option there sadly..

Why all this moaning? We all know we've got too small a squad, No quality in depth and until Mr Lansdown gives us 6 - 10 million to spend on some real quality - 2 wingers, a central midfielder, a centerhalf at least - then we'll never be close to the play offs

no doubt McIndoe was spot on.

The question has to be though....why have we got such a small squad? is it because we are holding cash back for the new ground? personally speaking I'd say stuff the new stadium if it was the case.

no point having a flash ground in league one.

The squad SERIOUSLY needs improving a decent midfielder alongside Elliott and a decent Right Winger for the first team and possibly a few squad players for the left hand side.

He is a better all round player but he is not right midfielder/winger. He is a right back.

Of course the right is a problem- we have been chopping and changin all season to try and find the right option when in reality we haven't got a decent option there sadly..

Don't agree Wilson is just a right back.

He is a utility player who can cover for several positions and was very close to earning a regular place on the right of midfield before he was injured.

I'd give him a 5 game run on the right of midfield.

Don't agree Wilson is just a right back.

He is a utility player who can cover for several positions and was very close to earning a regular place on the right of midfield before he was injured.

I'd give him a 5 game run on the right of midfield.

He CAN play in midfield but he isn't particularly good there. You can give him a 20 game run but you will find he is an average player at best in this league whereas to progress we need to have a decent player in that position.

Maynard needs his confidence back. We are desperate for a right sided midfielder - Sproule is awful and Brian Wilson is a league one player. Also a nice creative central midfielder to play alongside Marv would be good for just the added competition for LJ.

We are missing McCombe at the back, although Fontaine has done a job there McCombe has more prescence about him because of his size.

I know its not going to make a difference moaning but fans have a right to voice their feelings,this season is sliding away big time until as you say quality in depth is secured the style of play since Dele arrived has on the whole been hoofball. This season as most fans would agree has seen better teams come in ,others have added quality we have again had a bit of a panic buy after the off on off on off transfer saga. Carle has not been replaced Williams has made no impact at all,once again we are sat on the end of a bad scoreline with out a change of style or some major signings the play-offs will be well out of reach.

He CAN play in midfield but he isn't particularly good there. You can give him a 20 game run but you will find he is an average player at best in this league whereas to progress we need to have a decent player in that position.

Wilson is a right back, that's his best position and his preferred position.

Square Pegs in Round Holes

Don't know if this has been said yet on this thread (can't read all 4 Pages on this subject). But it is blantantly obvious that we are very much lacking quality in midfield. I was at Sheffield Utd last season and although we lost 2-1 we were by far the better side for much of the game. I stayed up there for the weekend and spoke after the game to many Sheffield fans who all agreed that that day NC was the best midfield player they had seen up there last season, Trundle also played brilliant alongside the and another good player on the day was DN. Today we had no tiger like NC, DN is on the bench with LT. I will keep saying it and I will probably get slated but until GJ treats his son like the rest of our midfield and drop him, or substitute him when he is not in the game then I will always have that doubt about this scenario. Perhaps thats why GJ let NC go so easily, exspecially as he was getting better with every game.

well he's their top scorer and is up their in the assists.

but hey, they have probably played him in his best position to get the best out of the player, whereas we have to put up with that useless over-achiveing midget in midfield who's incapable of scoring

If he's so bl;oody good why does he never complete a game for Palace? Why was he substituted after 46 minutes today. I thought you kept your best players on the pitch?? This Carle love-in gets me down when he did sod-all for City. Headless chicken springs to mind though.

All this anti-carle hate in gets me down

Who hates Carle?? The guy was ineffective for City and is clearly not up to the job at Palace, and yet, to listen to some, he was the Messiah with whom we would be 10 points clear at the top by now.

sheff utd fans view on the game:

In all honesty, if you'd have scored first instead of us, you would have probably won it. The first half was dire. I think the goal changed confidence levels, and the second half was easy. That said, if you could defend set pieces, it may have been 0-0...

Absolutely cracking first goal by Beattie though.

Archived