IGNORED

Gary Johnson Can Do No Wrong Gang

big p

what about marcus trescothick then?also an ex england international and could be cheaper

than coochie!

I'm thinking if moneys no object, we should go for Justin Lee Collins, if only for the fabulous hair.

Actually, I'm not sure of the rules now. As i grew up in Speedwell in east Bristol, does this mean I should be a Rovers fan and not be able to post here now?

Screw the credit-crunch, the opinion-crunch is coming!!

Yes. I am a glory hunter

I originally chose City over Rovers (which was closer to my house) because some people who i'd heard of played for the opposition. Now i happily bask in glory from my armchair in front of the computer screen on a saturday/tuesday if i'm not doing something else better. And if it's close to me or it's an exciting or important game, I go if the price is reasonable.

I am the very definition of the evil non hardcore fan. Fear me!

I've now wasted my time and read the thread.

My conclusion. I think that you shouldn't waste your time and read the thread. And you must support the 11 closest eligible people to play to you or you're a glory hunter. Well..yes. Anyone care?

Everytime I write something about GJ or question his Tactics the do gooders jump on me.Ive been called a moron,special needs,arse.Why cant we question GJ,i have even had some t*** having a go and he don't even live in Bristol.I like GJ but sometime his tactics are quetionable.

A football manager has little impact on the way a game is developing. He is an inspirer who's job is to give the players the confidence that make sure we get the best out of them. Trust is the key. A Bagdad Bob as well. Sven Göran Eriksson don't have a clue about football. He is an inspirer showing trust in his players making them feel confident. Tord Grip is the man who deals with the football. Managers impact on games is highly overrated.

This is great...

A lot of the replies have been exactly as original poster said / expected them to be

Makes I larf

For the record the answer to original question is YES the GJ can do no wrong gang do get on ones nerves from time to time

Oh and I live outside Bristol - in fact I live in a different country - but it don't stop me from questioning GJ if I don't like what I see or holding a ST for last 15 years or so or attending a large proportion of away games

Well what on earth else was the original poster expecting writing something as provocative as that?! Hardly surprising the resultant replies really, was it?!

I don't think anyone reckons that GJ can do no wrong, more that he is appreciated for being a very good manager who has managed this club into a very strong position. Absolutely nothing wrong with that and that is why he gets such strong support from people. What good does it do going overboard with the criticism of him at the first sign of trouble? Very fickle behaviour in my eyes.

A football manager has little impact on the way a game is developing. He is an inspirer who's job is to give the players the confidence that make sure we get the best out of them. Trust is the key. A Bagdad Bob as well. Sven Göran Eriksson don't have a clue about football. He is an inspirer showing trust in his players making them feel confident. Tord Grip is the man who deals with the football. Managers impact on games is highly overrated.

Yes, you are right about Eriksson, and we have had the Wally with the Brolly so plenty to support your argument and the League Managers Association would certainly agree with you in support of their memebers.

However........

This Capello fella....he's a bit different....looks at a game...makes immediate changes and would appear to indeed influence a game....wait for it.....whilst its still going on! This is a new phenomenon....in the land of substitutions with 20 minutes to go or take off a strikers with a defender to "what we have we hold" and other Andy Gray type clichés.

I hope that Capello is successful as England manager but I equally hope that the FA use this blokes undoubted and proven talent to devlope the next generation of English managers. At £6million or what ever he is on I would hope that is the case!

This hasn't got much to do with the orignal thread just a reply to the view that managers can't influence a game becuase I think they can.....well the good ones at least.

Yes, you are right about Eriksson, and we have had the Wally with the Brolly so plenty to support your argument and the League Managers Association would certainly agree with you in support of their memebers.

However........

This Capello fella....he's a bit different....looks at a game...makes immediate changes and would appear to indeed influence a game....wait for it.....whilst its still going on! This is a new phenomenon....in the land of substitutions with 20 minutes to go or take off a strikers with a defender to "what we have we hold" and other Andy Gray type clichés.

I hope that Capello is successful as England manager but I equally hope that the FA use this blokes undoubted and proven talent to devlope the next generation of English managers. At £6million or what ever he is on I would hope that is the case!

This hasn't got much to do with the orignal thread just a reply to the view that managers can't influence a game becuase I think they can.....well the good ones at least.

Glad you beat Azerbadjan : ) Capello is not that highly rated in other countries though. Not the greatest inspirer for players who knows how to play the game.

Glad you beat Azerbadjan : ) Capello is not that highly rated in other countries though. Not the greatest inspirer for players who knows how to play the game.

Ha ha ha like it....but he won in Croatia and Belarus :englandsmile4wf: not bad for starters. England hasn't won anything yet and I don't much care if no one else likes him in Europe. But we in England have an abundence of very poor managers at club and international level and not many good ones.

I like Capello, I like that he is in control and that he influences our over paid "super stars". And most of all I like that he influences a game in progress.

Archived