IGNORED

Is Gj As Fed Up With The Ep Negativity As We Are?

Antman

Well done gary, perhaps if the club start to openly deride the utterly negative way in which the Post reports then the point might finally get across.

I know the post tried to refute the allegations of anti city bias recently, but their utterly p1ss poor editorial style doesn't exactly back up their argument.

It's not just City related, most reporting and editorials are totally negative and moaning, they never back anything, or support anything or actually promote anything in a positive light.

It's not just City related, most reporting and editorials are totally negative and moaning, they never back anything, or support anything or actually promote anything in a positive light.

You're wrong there!!! They got behind Girlbands recent (and very short!) stint on X factor in a very positive way..... and it was bloody annoying too! Who actually cares about that???

If they got behind the two Bristol teams with the same positive effort they put into Girlband, then there would be no negativity at all!!

Well done gary, perhaps if the club start to openly deride the utterly negative way in which the Post reports then the point might finally get across.

I know the post tried to refute the allegations of anti city bias recently, but their utterly p1ss poor editorial style doesn't exactly back up their argument.

I bought Saturday's edition of the 3* Bristol Evening Post and there was no mention of our game with Norwich or the Gas at Huddersfield. A good write up and action pictures on Bristol Rugby's win against Toulon on Friday night but pretty poor football coverage for what's supposed to be a 'local' paper.

I've always thought they promote Bristol Rovers in an extremely positive light.

Yep, I don't read the rag but what's the betting the negative slant on us came from "I don't support either Bristol club" Stockhausen, whereas as usual Rovers drew but should have won, of course.

I bought Saturday's edition of the 3* Bristol Evening Post and there was no mention of our game with Norwich or the Gas at Huddersfield. A good write up and action pictures on Bristol Rugby's win against Toulon on Friday night but pretty poor football coverage for what's supposed to be a 'local' paper.

Come on RG you know the (evening) post is printed in the morning, which to me is against the law in terms of trade description, not to mention (news) paper.

I complained to the editor in chief (gashead) who explained that they could no longer justify multiple editions, ok but why not print

at the end of the day when there's some more recent news stories and not something lazily taken from the website.

Come on RG you know the (evening) post is printed in the morning, which to me is against the law in terms of trade description, not to mention (news) paper.

I complained to the editor in chief (gashead) who explained that they could no longer justify multiple editions, ok but why not print

at the end of the day when there's some more recent news stories and not something lazily taken from the website.

Years ago the Saturday 3 star edition Bristol Evening Post would often carry the half time scores on the back page. The one star would be the morning edition i.e. yesterday's news.

Years ago the Saturday 3 star edition Bristol Evening Post would often carry the half time scores on the back page. The one star would be the morning edition i.e. yesterday's news.

I know, and a bloke we knicknamed chewabrick with a big cheek used to sell them outside the grandstand ,shouting "free star eeenpoe all the afftimes, and we used to read the greenun in the pub (old time sky sports). Sloppy lazy paper nowadays with no competition.

You're wrong there!!! They got behind Girlbands recent (and very short!) stint on X factor in a very positive way..... and it was bloody annoying too! Who actually cares about that???

If they got behind the two Bristol teams with the same positive effort they put into Girlband, then there would be no negativity at all!!

Actually I think we are better off not having them backing us - look at their record of causes and people they have given positive public backing to:-

1) Girlband

2) The Bristol girl on Big Brother (Emily) - they had a full front page article giving her their backing, she was booted out for (alleged) racist remarks within a week.

3) A campaign against the closure of the Cadbury's chocolate factory in Keynsham - guess what!

4) The long-overdue 12,000 seated Bristol Arena - now dead in the water.

5) Bristol as the European Capital of Culture - obviously Liverpool would win that one :disapointed2se:

6) Bristol Bulldogs speedway team returning to Bristol - well Swindon is quite near Bristol :noexpression:

7) Gasheads - say no more

8) A super-tram system for the Bristol Area - yeah right!

7) I think they are about to mount a campaign to keep Casualty in Bristol - enjoy Cardiff, casualty staff!

So "MORNING Post" keep up the negative reporting of our club, I'm sure there are plenty of other good causes that need your "positive" help! :innocent06:

The deception is quite deliberate, as many people probably still assume that the 3 star is the late edition. Why not call it a 1 star, or just have no stars at all!

I know, and a bloke we knicknamed chewabrick with a big cheek used to sell them outside the grandstand ,shouting "free star eeenpoe all the afftimes, and we used to read the greenun in the pub (old time sky sports). Sloppy lazy paper nowadays with no competition.

Whatever happened to Peter Godsiff? He really was a decent sports reporter for the Evening - now Morning - Post.

Actually I think we are better off not having them backing us - look at their record of causes and people they have given positive public backing to:-

1) Girlband

2) The Bristol girl on Big Brother (Emily) - they had a full front page article giving her their backing, she was booted out for (alleged) racist remarks within a week.

3) A campaign against the closure of the Cadbury's chocolate factory in Keynsham - guess what!

4) The long-overdue 12,000 seated Bristol Arena - now dead in the water.

5) Bristol as the European Capital of Culture - obviously Liverpool would win that one :disapointed2se:

6) Bristol Bulldogs speedway team returning to Bristol - well Swindon is quite near Bristol :noexpression:

7) Gasheads - say no more

8) A super-tram system for the Bristol Area - yeah right!

7) I think they are about to mount a campaign to keep Casualty in Bristol - enjoy Cardiff, casualty staff!

So "MORNING Post" keep up the negative reporting of our club, I'm sure there are plenty of other good causes that need your "positive" help! :innocent06:

Who cares what they write, its all subjective nonsense. BCFC doesnt need them, its the other way round

If its a crap paper, then don't read it...If you don't read it, then it makes no difference what they write.

Easy

Sorry, have I missed something, what is GJ saying/not saying to the Evil One?

Subtle little negative spins last night were...

In the big goal picture ,top right hand corner another pic of LJ (labled,leave Lee alone),and on the back, the history of Barnsley V City, with headline something like "City ship SEVEN goals twice at Oakwell".

All little negative twists.

Sorry, have I missed something, what is GJ saying/not saying to the Evil One?

Subtle little negative spins last night were...

In the big goal picture ,top right hand corner another pic of LJ (labled,leave Lee alone),and on the back, the history of Barnsley V City, with headline something like "City ship SEVEN goals twice at Oakwell".

All little negative twists.

He was disappointed with the headline "McCombe lifts the gloom around Bristol City".

He says there is no gloom around Ashton Gate and for the local paper to paint such a negative picture of what's going on at the club was poor and not what he'd expect of a local paper.

He was disappointed with the headline "McCombe lifts the gloom around Bristol City".

He says there is no gloom around Ashton Gate and for the local paper to paint such a negative picture of what's going on at the club was poor and not what he'd expect of a local paper.

Johnson is right apart from one comment "not what he'd expect of a local paper". He's been at City long enough to know that the EP are capable of printing just about anything. Its exactly what many City fans would expect from the EP.

The most shoddy and laziest bit of print in yesterday's paper was the piece right on the top of the front page. A picture of Jamie McC with the banner 'Relief for Jamie' (so there is no doubt they are referring to him) and then the words 'City Striker Bounces back' !!!

How shoddy is that. makes me wonder if they can't get that right how many errors are there in that paper. I'm pretty disgusted with them.

The most shoddy and laziest bit of print in yesterday's paper was the piece right on the top of the front page. A picture of Jamie McC with the banner 'Relief for Jamie' (so there is no doubt they are referring to him) and then the words 'City Striker Bounces back' !!!

How shoddy is that. makes me wonder if they can't get that right how many errors are there in that paper. I'm pretty disgusted with them.

Yes, but in the context of life it means bollox all.

Johnson is right apart from one comment "not what he'd expect of a local paper". He's been at City long enough to know that the EP are capable of printing just about anything. Its exactly what many City fans would expect from the EP.

True. Perhaps he meant it's not what we should expect from a local paper.

In which case, he'd be spot on.

What is that meant to mean? That given the transient nature of life we shouldn't bother with football? Might as well shut down the forum now then.

I expect Garlicbread will respond to that, but my reading of it was that what the BEP says is of ****all relevance really.

I don't actually know anyone who buys it.

Yes, but in the context of life it means bollox all.

Very true when compared to life and death, I don't disagree. But My point is that whilst I know you can't believe all you read in the paper, you do expect some degree of accuracy and standards.

Do you think that would have anything to do with one of the Girls working at the Evil post ?

Ohh and I never watch that X-factor crap but my good lady works with her at the post, and is laughing now she is back at work after her I'm off to be a pop star stint,

My fav bit of post news lately has been after they made loads of people redundant, and still our. They go mad when Cadburys do the same and try to SAVE there job's yet don't report how many they are letting go.

What is that meant to mean? That given the transient nature of life we shouldn't bother with football? Might as well shut down the forum now then.

Er no, not quite. If people see it as tosh and nonsense, then why bother reading it?

Any lazy (or factual) report doesnt influence the club or OUR fans whatsoever, so no point thinking about it. Supporters unjustly ripping into our players at games is far more counter productive.

The Sun saying what they did about Hillsborough is one thing, calling Jamie Mccombe a striker or being percieved as negative to BCFC isnt worth bothethering about.

And for that reason, I have never had any issue with BEP as only a piece of subjective commentary for those who wish to read it.

Only if you read it..and if it annoys that they have crap standards then why read it?

Umm, because underneath it all I'm a kind caring person who doesn't want to sack the paperboy who keeps putting it through my letterbox! :sun:

Whatever happened to Peter Godsiff? He really was a decent sports reporter for the Evening - now Morning - Post.

Good grief, that was a long time ago, longer than I would like to admit!

Was'nt it Robin Perry who wrote about the sags at that time.

Well done GJ for firing a broadside at the Evil Post, long overdue bit of come uppance.

I will never ever buy another copy, I have'nt bought one for at least 3 years now.

I feel sure lot's of fellow posters on this forum adopt a similar attitude.

:city:

Archived